Let me know what you think.

Prestige and Distractions

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ahhhh!
Next Friday cannot come fast enough!
Loved that he's making more human connections, but then another hiccup! cry
I hope Lois can help him and solve his issue!

Features Writer
Features Writer
This is just so heartening...to see Clark fix up the playground and interact with the kids and... AWWWWWW!!! love

But then, also so sad that he feels he still has to stay away from everyone. whinging

Lois being there for him is huge.

Love this one so much!! Can't wait for next Friday!!

-Bek
hyper

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the feedback, Blueowl and SuperBek. party

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!

Happy Ficlet Friday. Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the famous MagiKal. Hope you'll enjoy.
/Throws roses and Loises onto the stage/

He knew what he had in mind was going to come at a price. It was worth it, he had to remind himself. He could deal with it.
What’s he gonna do?

As far as he was concerned, this was a one time event. But the way Murray had reacted, MagiKal would have a hard time convincing him he was being serious about it.
Aaaaaahhhhhh… he might embroil himself in obligations of accepting more stage acts.

Instead of illusions he wanted to create something lasting, something the kids at the school sorely needed.
Not an ice sculpture then?

A frown creased her forehead. “I wonder what he’s up to."
And if he’d perform the trick of kissing a reporter senseless?

“Oh my gosh,” Aymee squealed happily. “Did you see this? He let a playground appear out of nothing."
Nothing Lex couldn’t also accomplish with enough workforce.

With one last wistful look at his petting team, Houdini followed Lois and Clark as they left.
laugh

He wanted to excuse himself and run, but his powers were quicker. This time it was his vision going crazy. His eyes lost their focus and rapidly switched between microscopic vision, x-ray vision and telescopic vision until Clark was lost in a strong wave of dizziness. Nausea rose in his stomach.
At first, I thought he might kind of disappear Lois’s clothing, but maybe it’s actually the other way around and he’ll cover her from head to toe.

Lois gasped. "How could this get worse?" Clark linked arms with her and let out a soft whistle, telling Houdini he was ready. "Plenty of ways, I'm afraid. Plenty of ways.”
Oh no, it’s not just nausea, it’s a full-blown super stomach bug!

It’s really mean to leave us hanging like that!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Clark was so happy to build the playground and interact with people and then another blasted hiccup. I hope he and Lois can find a solution to the problem. I wonder if he does, if he’ll lose his connection to Houdini. I hope not.

I can’t wait for Friday! You left us hanging! Thanks! I love this universe!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, you've got me well and truly addicted to this story! I love the way L&C's relationship is developing. Lois is being a very good friend to Clark, which will hopefully lead to him trusting her to help him figure out how to fix all this. (Because we all know that eventually Lois will figure out how to fix all this!) I like how you're moving through S1 with the a-plots in the background. We don't need all the details; we just need enough timeline markers to let us see the progression through the season. Nicely done.

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for leaving feedback, Songbird, DarthMichael and Kathy.

I was thrilled to see that there is a new reader for this story. I'm so glad you're enjoying this story so far.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Building a new playground for the children was just so …Clark! He had a great time using his hands and special skills to help others.

So happy the girls got a chance to rub Houdini. Dogs love that sort of thing. ARF!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard