Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Awwww! Nice part where he took her to smallville with the stars. thumbsup

And very sweet ending. I loved every word of it. Good job hon!

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Pah, Rachel, I could have started the FDK thread! <g>

I have to say that I had to blink a few extra times when I read this last one. I'm still swallowing a little hard--so much emotion that you managed to convey . . . It's been a long trip, but a good one. I can hardly wait till it appears on the Archive and I can read the whole thing through in its entirety easily. smile I loved the "from the stars" line--inwardly I had to go "awww" when I read that. Something . . . magical about it.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hehehehe! Sorry, Doran! I'm greedy.... devil But i'll let you have the next one wink

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sara, this is...wow. Wow. Amazing. Agonizingly heartwarming, WAFFily bittersweet. I have to tell you that this last chapter of your story took my breath away, again and again, it was that lovely.

So, Sara, am I a space buff? Do I absolutely love it when the starry sky and the cosmos are brought into a story to reflect Clark and Lois's love? Is the Pope Catholic?

And do I love your vulnerable alt-Clark? And do I love it when Lois is so gentle and loving and offers him exactly the kind of heartwarming love that I just want to rain over this man who so tugs at my heartstrings?

And do I love Clark and Lois's amazing bond? Do I love it when Lois puts her hand over Clark's heart and tells him,
I can feel your heart in mine. It's so strong. Pure.
And do I love it that we know that she really can feel his heart, and she really does know that it is amazingly strong and pure?

And do I love this?
"Thank you," he whispered, though he didn't need to say it. She knew. Even in her silence, he knew she knew. "This thing between us... I don't understand..." He could feel the warmth of her breath on his lips. The small space between them was charged with something incomprehensible. "It's so..."

He felt her fingertips graze his cheek and trail down to his lips. "I don't think we're supposed to understand... maybe we're just supposed to feel."

He managed to take a breath, and then her lips found his. Tender and searching, both of them trying to chase a deeper meaning. His hands threaded through her hair to pull her closer yet. He didn't need to doubt anymore that there was magic; it was happening right now.
The overwhelming tenderness, delicately flavoured with erotic love, and the unfathomable mystery of their absolutely magical bond - Sara, do I love it?

And speaking about tenderness and erotic love, wonderfully flavoured with ordinariness, do I love this?
She sat watching Clark wash the dishes after their early dinner. He'd insisted that she couldn't help, and she hadn't argued. Watching a movie, eating a homemade dinner, spending the day making love... such an ordinary day. And she loved it.
And... okay, I'm not quoting things in the right order, but do I love the melancholy sadness of the deserted Kent farm in the gentle night, and the tenderness and bond between Lois and Clark here?
"Smallville, Kansas... It's... this is where I grew up. My parents' farm.

Her "oh" was a quiet one, and she turned back to look at him.

The expression on her face stole his breath for the barest of moments. There, in the Kansas moonlight, he'd never seen anything so... heartwarming. He could feel...

Understanding. She understood what he was feeling. Maybe even why he'd brought her here.

He reached an arm out for her. "C'mere," he said softly.

The dirt crunched under the soles of her shoes as she made her way back to his side, and the songs of the crickets carried on the wind around them.

She stood close to him, leaning her head on his shoulder. It almost wasn't fair how comforting it felt. With his opposite arm he reached for the sky, asking her to look with him. "There... this is what I wanted to show you."

He let his arm drop slowly back to his side as he felt her shift her gaze to the heavens. "I know they probably looked better, brighter when we were flying, but..."

But what? The magic was better from down here? It was safer? More beautiful? How could he explain?

"There's just something..." Words failed him again.

But she was nodding, a gentle movement against his shoulder. "Magical. I can feel it."

"Yeah," he said on a sigh. He smiled broadly... and so did his heart. He'd been right.

His eyes fluttered shut for a moment, and he leaned to place a soft kiss on her temple. She'd changed the stars. No... *they* had changed the stars.
So, Sara, did I quote what felt like a third of this part here? But honestly, don't you know I really want to quote it all?

And the way it ends. Do you know that blue has always been my hands-down favorite color? Once I was out walking on a dark December evening, and as I passed a house, there was a red amaryllis in a window, and behind it, there was an intensely blue wall. Except that the wall didn't look like a wall to me, for some reason. It looked, instead, like a glimpse of some blue eternity, as if this flower was floating in front of a precipice of blue eternity. Wow. I almost lost my footing, seeing what looked like eternity floating before my eyes. Well, I get much the same feeling as I read the last paragraphs of this amazing story, the way you talk about the blue horizon and the idea of Lois and Clark flying away from the sun and into a blue eternity.

Sara, this is one of the most wonderful chapters of a story I have ever read. It's an amazing finale, an amazing wrapping up of a totally wonderful story. So... Ladies and gentlemen, Ms KSaraSara from the Lois and Clark Message Boards and "Away From The Sun". Make some noise.

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sara, this story was an absolute classic and just a great journey!! CONGRATS on an awesome story thumbsup thumbsup

~NICOLE smile

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Oh no! It's already over!!!
This has been wonderful to read and I am very grateful that you took time to write it even though you had som things in your lite that kept you very busy. laugh

/Mona

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Sara, I am just blown away by this story. The whole ride has angst at its angsty best and waffs at its most waffyness.

Which was why this was all just whimsy, wasn't it? The stars didn't change, not day to day and year to year. They took billions of years to change.

The woman cradled in his arms had helped him do it in a week.
It is great how the first part is logic trying to assert its dominance, but whimsy does win out.

Understanding. She understood what he was feeling. Maybe even why he'd brought her here.
Awwww… they have both found what they were looking for.

Her tour of the Kent farm had been, in a word, bittersweet. It had all seemed a bit magical in the deep of the night, guided by the luminescent moon and the twinkling stars. Even so, there had been a deep-seated sadness permeating the night. It'd hadn't all been Clark's, but the age-worn buildings and untamed fields of weeds daring to grow through the already broken fence held a certain...

It was as if someone had left an air of regret hanging in the relative silence, sorrow and life unfinished waiting for another to return with hope for a promising future.
I just loved these two paragraphs. The description of the permeating sadness and the hope waiting…wow, it is just…wonderfully written.

Someday, she'd show him the same of her life.
Again, awwww…

This was a wonderful story. I enjoyed each part. Congratulations on finishing it.

-Em (who is proud of herself that she wasn’t so corny to add “from the sun” in the first line of this post)

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Wow... well, it really feels like the end now. I've been doing a lot of finishing the last few weeks. Finished the story. Finished posting. Finished classes. Working on finishing finals. And things feel... finished. But, ahh... I feel a bit lost now. blush

Would it be pathetic to say that I miss my story? I'll miss posting, miss feedback, miss Clark and Lois and Dan and Elle and...

I'm trying not to get sappy here, really. goofy

I feel like anything I say will be inadequate for all the inspiration, encouragement, nagging, crying, compliments and... well, everything that you all have given me over the last (dang near a) year. "Thanks" seems to be all I have, though.

So thanks, guys. Thanks for all the feedback - short and long and in between. Thanks for the nagging and the understanding. Thanks for picking out the lines that meant the most to me, and pointing out hidden meanings that I hadn't even found myself.

And... I think I'll stop here. Really, there aren't any words. sloppy

And beta readers... helpers... friends... support group... the archived version expresses (when it's uploaded wink ), I think, a little more clearly just how much I'm grateful to you all. smile

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hehehehe! Your welcome! I enjoyed it all. Now..uh...where is my little installment to this piece. I want more!!! So I'm greedy. <G>

Doesn't mean I can't have more...right?

Rach

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sara, I've just gotten caught up with the last few parts of this story — just finished it — and I'm pretty much speechless.

Wow, that's lame FDK — eep!

Seriously, Sara, your story is beautiful and heart-wrenching from start to finish. The ending was perfect — bittersweet, yes, but absolutely perfect.

In Chapter 33, you stopped my heart with these three lines:
*She* wanted *him*.

Him. Ragged and damaged and ...

Clark Kent.
That's it. That's *it,* in ten words. Clark's soul, laid bare, for all to see. How intensely poignant and soul-gripping and just ... wow. notworthy

And then, in Chapter 34, I teared up at this:
Nothing had gone according to plan, and he liked it better that way. He liked that he was different from his counterpart. There was more than one way to be Clark Kent and Lois Lane together. He'd been looking for it to be written in the stars, spelled out in black and white for him, but life wasn't perfect; it shouldn't have been a surprise that love hadn't been either.
... It's perfect, Sara. Your words paint such a lovely image of Clark's revelation that my heart constricted with happiness when I read it.

Then, in your final chapter, the last few lines were just incredible:
But for once she wasn't desperate to arrive at a destination. She was content just where she was. In Clark's arms, flying towards forever.
Such a wonderful way to end an amazing story. I know it's been a long, emotional ride for you (not to mention your readers!), but thank you so much for sharing this on the boards.

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, Sara!

Do you know how sorry I am that I didn't read this sooner?

But in all fairness, I only came to these boards in March of last year. I finally read the story during the Kerth nomination period.

Holy Crap! What a wonderful alt-Clark story. Absolutely and painfully beautiful from start to finish.

I sent you an e-mail, but I just had to come wake this thread up too. <g>

Thanks for a lovely story.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I read this for Kerth noms too and I have to say it is one of the best Alt-U stories I have read.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Wow! What a great surprise to find more feedback after all this time! smile1

Crystal - How could I have missed your brilliant comments?! Thank you so, so much! You've pointed out some of my favorite lines there, and I'm so glad you liked the ending. smile

DJ - Thanks for the email and thanks for bringing this thread back to the top, else I wouldn't have seen Crystal's comments! sloppy

Woody - That's a huge compliment, Woody! Thank you! blush

Sara (floating on a happy cloud laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard