Sara, I am just blown away by this story. The whole ride has angst at its angsty best and waffs at its most waffyness.

Which was why this was all just whimsy, wasn't it? The stars didn't change, not day to day and year to year. They took billions of years to change.

The woman cradled in his arms had helped him do it in a week.
It is great how the first part is logic trying to assert its dominance, but whimsy does win out.

Understanding. She understood what he was feeling. Maybe even why he'd brought her here.
Awwww… they have both found what they were looking for.

Her tour of the Kent farm had been, in a word, bittersweet. It had all seemed a bit magical in the deep of the night, guided by the luminescent moon and the twinkling stars. Even so, there had been a deep-seated sadness permeating the night. It'd hadn't all been Clark's, but the age-worn buildings and untamed fields of weeds daring to grow through the already broken fence held a certain...

It was as if someone had left an air of regret hanging in the relative silence, sorrow and life unfinished waiting for another to return with hope for a promising future.
I just loved these two paragraphs. The description of the permeating sadness and the hope waiting…wow, it is just…wonderfully written.

Someday, she'd show him the same of her life.
Again, awwww…

This was a wonderful story. I enjoyed each part. Congratulations on finishing it.

-Em (who is proud of herself that she wasn’t so corny to add “from the sun” in the first line of this post)

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"