Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
The TOC is here.
Chapter 2 is here.

Well, my nerves aren’t terrible right now, LOL! Still not sure where the ending is on this…whether chapter 3 and an epilogue or 4 chapters… but since chapter 3 is mostly (or is??) done, y’all can have chapter 2 now!

Please tell me what you think! (And also…don’t kill me for the mild cliffhanger… peep

OH! Also… here is a picture of Chompy. rotflol

[Linked Image]

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Chompy!!!!

rotflol
rotflol
rotflol

Columnist
Columnist
I guess it's better than naming it Chumpy! What is going on with Lois? Did she figure it out? Loved how all the ladies wanted to see Clark like that. 'He's mine' was a great line.

Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
Wow, why does Lois to leave so bad? Did she figure it out? Or did someone say something that upset her??

Can't wait for more!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'll bet my next Ficlet that she figured it out!

~•~
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
LOL at Chompy!! It's enough to make you break into uncontrollable giggling! (Which is such a fun feeling and delightful for Lois and Clark to share!)

Love that you switched to Clark's POV here! I enjoy seeing the other side. ^_^

“Beautiful...” he breathed, the word slipping out before he could stop it. He cleared his throat. “Beautiful weather today, isn’t it?” he attempted poorly.

Way to go, Clark. *rolls eyes*

The full dawning of awareness had hit him—not only was it likely that she had feelings for him beyond friendship after all, but he was also being monumentally unfair to her. He needed to tell her. If he trusted her at all, wanted to consider her his best friend, ever hoped to have a romantic relationship with her, then he needed to tell her.

I love how the realization hits with the best friend card! Like, yeah, forget romantic relationships, at some point wouldn't you feel the need to tell your best friend your secret? Really well done!

Poor man, he's too smitten to function! I wonder how he's kept this up for four months grin

“Back off, ladies. He’s mine.”

Go Lois!! And I love that she got him on her first try!!

And OMG HE TOOK OFF HIS SHIRT. WET, SHIRTLESS CLARK. I'M DECEASED.

“We need to leave. Now,” she said through clenched teeth.

“Wait, what? Lois, what about your—”

“I’m not doing it. C’mon.” She continued dragging him by the arm.

Oh???

When she turned to face him, he saw tears threatening in red-rimmed eyes, and he could hear her heart racing almost erratically.

“Oh, Lois. I know...I’m sorry the line is so long. It’s not that they don’t respect you. They think you’re the best damn reporter in the country.”

Oh noooo mecry

“I-I...need to...not be here,” she said. Her eyes darted again, this time to survey the crowds around them—over near the tank and then the people milling around the main stage, waiting for the band that was supposed to play later. And then her eyes were back on his, searching again for something. “Your apartment. My apartment. Doesn’t matter. Just not here.”

I'm really curious to see what might have her so upset!!

Looking forward to the next part!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Haha!! I love that I have everyone guessing!!

And Anna!!! I adore all your comments!! So sorry that I deceased you! lol love

Thank you, everyone, for such great comments!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

But why a giant stuffed ear of corn? It’s ridiculous!”
The same reason why Lex drives in a giant limo and lives in the biggest tower.

And it’s angry, Clark! Angry!” Lois, her eyes tearing from laughter, held up the almost two-foot stuffed, anthropomorphic ear of corn, its face glaring hotly at him.
Oh, I thought they had a giant stuffed ear of corn on the Smallville town border.

They both roared with laughter, and she fell into him again, her hands clutching at his free arm to help hold herself up. Her breath was warm against his chest, easier to feel through the single thin layer of cotton he was wearing.
See? All she had to do was wear interesting clothing and touch him repeatedly and he’s all cuddly again. Not at all stiff and foreboding.

CLARK: Nope. No stiffness at all.

Beautiful...” he breathed, the word slipping out before he could stop it. He cleared his throat. “Beautiful weather today, isn’t it?” he attempted poorly.
Hey, better than him mentioning the cat or dog that’s passing by behind Lois.

Clark, it’s well over 85 degrees!” she exclaimed, though her voice was slightly tremulous, clearly unsettled by his slip.
Emotions already getting things ready for nookie?
Joy: uh-huh.
Sadness: no…
Disgust: Fear’s gonna ruin it somehow.
Anger: I’ll give us nightmares if she does.
Fear: Nightmares?

Let’s, uh, go get some lemonade and a bite to eat before our dunk times,” he said.
No swimming on a full stomach.

This morning’s outing at the carnival between partners and friends was feeling more and more like a date.
Nah…he’s still there. No emergency in sight.

And he’d spent more time than he wanted to admit licking his wounds—his poor, fragile heart, broken twice over.
Twice? You do realize that Superman’s on him and his uptight standards. She had offered herself to him. He decided she had cooties and left.

That had been the story he’d told himself, consoling his heart that at least he could have partners and friends.
Libido: We could try benefits.

The way her heart raced when he looked at her, the way she kept adorably blushing and getting flustered, and the way it had felt so incredibly dizzying and right and wonderful when they’d held hands...something was definitely different
Yeah. Him not having gotten any the whole summer long since Cat had left the Planet. Now, even a Mad Dog does in a pinch.

She’d given him a smile as she’d left, but he could tell she was still a little on edge. Frankly, so was he.
Yes, no doors anywhere. Hmm…don’t know if you mentioned this before in a door fic but if Lois and Clark kind of fall into bed together and Lois panics afterwards and shoos Clark out in the morning when he tries to kiss her, that could be an interesting bunny devil

It had ached, watching her be so unsure and fretful over just the thought that she might have upset him with any lingering feelings for Superman. They’d always been just a fact—her feelings for the Man of Steel—a horribly inconvenient, irresistible fact.
Just like if Clark was her lover and Superman her husband. He’s there in the relationship, no question.

Soon, he told himself. For today, he would enjoy the rest of this outing—whether it felt like kind of a date or not.
/Eyes gun/

/Checks nameplate/ … Chekov…

Hmm… nah, that’s not gonna come back to bite him.

Lois grinned at him from around a bite of funnel cake, the specks of powdered sugar lingering on her lips driving him to distraction
Would like to kiss them off to get his sugar fix, huh?

Clark: Yes. Sugar. Mm-hmm.

then swallowed and peeking her tongue out to clean her lips
Clark: help

Jealous, farmboy?” Her grin widened and her eyes seemed to twinkle at him. “You didn’t do too badly on those, but I’m starting to think that I might be rather safe from being dunked by you.”
He’d be more motivated there.

But oh, there was something sexy about competitive Lois.
/Nods/ Also applies to angry Lois. Wet Lois. B&E-Lois. Confused Lois.

Winner gets a home cooked meal at the loser's apartment!”
So, she doesn’t want him to dunk her, huh?

Clark’s breath caught and his mind flashed to one of his dearest fantasies—a date night at his apartment, making her a delicious meal, dining by candlelight and surrounded by soft décor that held a delicate suggestion of romance.
Oh, the infamous double trap! Only one way forward. And if you think of stopping, there’s a spiked wall closing in on you from behind.

hough he was suddenly very inclined to lose this contest, there was still a glaring omission in her plan that he couldn't resist mentioning. “Lois, what happens if I win? You can’t cook. How is that a prize for me when I’ll end up cooking either way?”
See?

She raised an eyebrow and a corner of her mouth quirked up—and he found he was struggling not to find her dubious look adorably sexy.
/Points at earlier remark/

before his mind could warn him—warn them—out of this, this contest that seemed like it would culminate in an intimate date night no matter the outcome.
That Fear needs to be muffled and stuffed in a closet.

well, it sure felt like she might want that dangerous path just as much as he did this time.
She’d have the first time, too, had he a) pointed out the danger and be b) challenged her.

Had they really been flirting this whole morning? It certainly seemed like it.
So Lois can feel sexy when she emerges from the dunk tank like a nymph from a lake rather than like a stray dog that just got drenched by a passing car.

because surely with an entire youth full of playing sports and a little super ability...how could he lose?
Will this be her first dip in the tank or will she be already dripping wet?

well, he’d overheard some of the chatter this morning about how most people were using the dunk tank for some sort of safe but cathartic office revenge, and he was pretty certain he was well-liked and conflict free at work.
No, it’s mostly women from the Planet’s rewrite desk who … well… oh look at the time, it’s already past nine….

It wasn’t until he saw Lois stride intently over there and exchange some heated words with the ladies at the front of the line, that he realized the line was comprised entirely of women.
See?
Women: and he wonders why revenge is needed. He doesn’t even know we’re female, let alone single (or could be single for an evening, weekend, whatever).

The questions were fired at her hotly from both coworkers who were single and those who were married, and he could see a good number of them staring at him like he was...a piece of meat, exactly how many women and a few men ogled Superman in public. Oh god...
See?

At least he would be earning more money for charity.
They could have auctioned the places in the lineup.

The look of determination on her face and the way she bit at her bottom lip in concentration was more than distracting, which was why, even with his super senses and reflexes...he was surprised to suddenly find himself in the water,
laugh

staring through the plexiglass of the tank at her, a look of gleeful victory on her face.
How can he beat ‘first throw’?

CLARK: She could tumble in before I actually hit the target. Maybe the air displacement…

When he resurfaced, he shook the water from his hair and ran a hand through it to get it out of his eyes and put his glasses back on
/Insert scene from Pepsi commercial from the nineties/

There was a brief moment of panic when he realized that he’d literally just slicked back his wet hair, so he ran his hand through again, tousling it a bit
Yeah, that could have been awkward. Him wearing a bright blue t-shirt, slicking his hair back and standing proud.

Well, once Lois was out of the way, that was. He looked up to find Lois had come closer, likely to rub in her victory in his face
Nah, she just wants a closer look so she knows if catching Clark in the shower is worth the hassle of breaking into his apartment in the morning.

Or a tie,” he called after her.
What happens in a tie?
LOIS: I get to tie him down?

Even as invulnerable as he was, it was just downright uncomfortable to sit in a sopping wet shirt.
He could strip down to his boxers? Should reduce the number of successful dunkings, too.

he reached to strip off his shirt, and then he tossed it off to the side on the grass,
See? Now we just add some music to the show…

Nothing seemed wrong with her, though her eyes were wide and she coughed a few times before waving at him
See! We’re in a timeloop. Again. Nine o’clock, again

wholly unsure of how to handle this information that Lois was...well, she wasn’t unaffected at the sight of him with no shirt on.
She needs a good…dunking by him. Best done shirtless.

Though now, he was feeling...uncomfortable in an entirely different way.
Wet jeans starting to impair his range of motion?

It was longer than his had been. He felt a pang of sympathy for her and a different sort of protectiveness than he was used to—not just for her physical safety.
Question is, how many will chicken out when they stare at her?

Wait, what? Lois, what about your—” “I’m not doing it. C’mon.” She continued dragging him by the arm.
Forfeiture!

I already did. Let’s go,” she said brusquely, and his heart sank a little as she turned to edge somewhat awkwardly out of his grasp.
What’s going on?

Her eyes, a bit wild, found his and then dropped to his hand. Impulsively, she clasped it and pulled him along with her. “C’mon. My place is closer.”
Hmmm…I have some out there ideas, but nothing definitive. So I’ll stick with Sara=evil.

OH! Also… here is a picture of Chompy.
Chompy looks like Lex when he gets a bit manic.

You know, good thing the while thing’s already up on the boards. Nothing with that nasty waiting-bit. Only waiting due to non-LnC related stuff. And some catch-up on the boards smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard