LOL at Chompy!! It's enough to make you break into uncontrollable giggling! (Which is such a fun feeling and delightful for Lois and Clark to share!)

Love that you switched to Clark's POV here! I enjoy seeing the other side. ^_^

“Beautiful...” he breathed, the word slipping out before he could stop it. He cleared his throat. “Beautiful weather today, isn’t it?” he attempted poorly.

Way to go, Clark. *rolls eyes*

The full dawning of awareness had hit him—not only was it likely that she had feelings for him beyond friendship after all, but he was also being monumentally unfair to her. He needed to tell her. If he trusted her at all, wanted to consider her his best friend, ever hoped to have a romantic relationship with her, then he needed to tell her.

I love how the realization hits with the best friend card! Like, yeah, forget romantic relationships, at some point wouldn't you feel the need to tell your best friend your secret? Really well done!

Poor man, he's too smitten to function! I wonder how he's kept this up for four months grin

“Back off, ladies. He’s mine.”

Go Lois!! And I love that she got him on her first try!!

And OMG HE TOOK OFF HIS SHIRT. WET, SHIRTLESS CLARK. I'M DECEASED.

“We need to leave. Now,” she said through clenched teeth.

“Wait, what? Lois, what about your—”

“I’m not doing it. C’mon.” She continued dragging him by the arm.

Oh???

When she turned to face him, he saw tears threatening in red-rimmed eyes, and he could hear her heart racing almost erratically.

“Oh, Lois. I know...I’m sorry the line is so long. It’s not that they don’t respect you. They think you’re the best damn reporter in the country.”

Oh noooo mecry

“I-I...need to...not be here,” she said. Her eyes darted again, this time to survey the crowds around them—over near the tank and then the people milling around the main stage, waiting for the band that was supposed to play later. And then her eyes were back on his, searching again for something. “Your apartment. My apartment. Doesn’t matter. Just not here.”

I'm really curious to see what might have her so upset!!

Looking forward to the next part!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...