Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Let me know what you think.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Cool. So a little window into how he got the idea. cool
Glad Houdini found a way for Clark not to be so lonely.

Looking forward to the next installment.

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
I am totally psyched about this series! It's an original premise that maintains the basic Lois & Clark universe, which not all fanfic does (including some of mine). You're doing this very well, too. And I'm glad you told us that MagiKal isn't going away, that there will be more about this very interesting pairing.

I suspect that Houdini, having been in the cave with the red/green K when Clark found him, is in some way involved with Clark's power fluctuations beyond sensing them. But I don't know how that could be. I also think that you've dropped hints that Houdini is no longer a standard Irish setter, that he has also been enhanced somehow. I'm sure you'll let us know if I'm right when the time comes, though. Please hurry back with more from this fascinating reality.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for another wonderful story in this series! Clark and Houdini have a special bond. I enjoyed the look into how Clark came up with the idea for MagiKal. I can’t wait for more! I love it!

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
I suspect that Houdini, having been in the cave with the red/green K when Clark found him, is in some way involved with Clark's power fluctuations beyond sensing them. But I don't know how that could be. I also think that you've dropped hints that Houdini is no longer a standard Irish setter, that he has also been enhanced somehow. I'm sure you'll let us know if I'm right when the time comes, though

Well, I can't claim I know the answers yet. But by all means, keep speculating. My muse likes that a lot.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Terry. And you never fail to give my vocabulary an update. So thank you for that as well.

Originally Posted by Blueowl
Glad Houdini found a way for Clark not to be so lonely.

Yeah, did he or did he not? Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Originally Posted by Songbird
I enjoyed the look into how Clark came up with the idea for MagiKal.

I hoped you'd like that. hyper

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!
Till then I'll claim Holiday Special.
laugh
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Holiday_Special)

So this is it, my last story for Ficlet Friday (in 2022). Don't worry. MagiKalwill return.
Movie teaser: MagiKal will return in 2023!

But he never performed in a confined space like in the subway train, where a slip in his control might well have disastrous consequences.
Did you watch “The Boys” because this reminds me of the last episode in season one, where the plane highjacking rescue doesn’t go exactly as planned.

Houdini’s heartbeat alone was something he could latch onto and pull himself back.
Already mentioned this last time,… boy, will he get a shock when he switches to the strong stuff.

"She's so beautiful," he said wistfully. "And when she touched me…"
…He got all tingly and warm and all superpowers shut down except hearing, smell, and x-ray vision?

He really wished he could shake himself like Houdini and rid himself of such ideas.
Just find an asteroid. They work great for helping you forget.

and an aerialist He smiled
/Psst/ there’s a period missing.

No matter how hard he’d tried to get rid of his companion, the dog had refused to leave.
Aww… Clark has a Clark!
LOIS: Is he comparing me to MagiKal?

“Houdini!” he shouted again. “Now’s not the time to chase after some beautiful lady. Get back here, buddy.”
Maybe he's chasing after Lois?

The dogs greeted each other, started sniffing at their respective rear ends and quickly became a wad of fur.
Next story: MagiKal’s litter of magical puppies.

Another man had juggled burning torches, catching them fearlessly. Almost as if his hands were invulnerable. Trapezists had seemed to fly through the air. And as he stared, amazed, awed and completely mesmerized, a crazy idea had formed in Clark's mind.
Run away with the circus?

Time to let our readers experience some circus magic?"
laugh double speak!

Another fun one clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks Michael, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard