Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
eminMN Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Sara, I'm sorry I haven't been posting FDK with the last few parts. Been crazy busy with the semester winding down.

"Hellooo, nurse!"
That gave me flashbacks to watching cartoons after school when I was a kid. Animaniacs was always one of my favorites. They just don’t make cartoons like that anymore.

Though... a quiet Elle wasn't a good sign. And, come to think, things were hurting a bit worse now that she was awake and staring at him. The Look of Death didn't really work, did it? He just needed more painkillers. That was it.
The Elle/Pete (or should I say Dan) bit was great. This part actually made me laugh out loud.

Her eyes rolled, and it seemed she was trying to fight a smile. "You are so full of it."
Elle and Pete sitting in a tree…*ahem* I guess that elementary school flashback wasn’t quite done yet.

And with Lois and Clark, Awww……

Nothing had gone according to plan, and he liked it better that way. He liked that he was different from his counterpart. There was more than one way to be Clark Kent and Lois Lane together. He'd been looking for it to be written in the stars, spelled out in black and white for him, but life wasn't perfect; it shouldn't have been a surprise that love hadn't been either. He felt the warmth surge in his heart again. Yeah, this was better than perfect.
"I never really believed that I'd be happy, that I even deserved to be happy." He swallowed roughly. "You make it so much easier to believe."
This line sounds a bit familiar. I love that you incorporated it into your story and the rewrite is great. (For those of you wondering, I’m referring to FDK for part 25.)

Great part! I can’t believe it is almost over.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Egads! This is why it's not a good idea to post at 3am when I'm half awake! blush

I'm just stepping in for a minute to add some credits that should have been posted with the story part!

quote: "I never really believed that I'd be happy, that I even deserved to be happy." He swallowed roughly. "You make it so much easier to believe."

This line sounds a bit familiar. I love that you incorporated it into your story and the rewrite is great. (For those of you wondering, I’m referring to FDK for part 25.)
Thank you for reminding me, Em! blush I have a credit for you already in my author's note for the archive version, but I totally forgot to add it here when I meant to! :p

And in addition to Em getting credit for inspiring the above lines, CC Aiken gets credit for inspiring this paragraph, within which is a line that she allowed me to steal from her brilliant BRing!

Nothing had gone according to plan, and he liked it better that way. He liked that he was different from his counterpart. There was more than one way to be Clark Kent and Lois Lane together. He'd been looking for it to be written in the stars, spelled out in black and white for him, but life wasn't perfect; it shouldn't have been a surprise that love hadn't been either. He felt the warmth surge in his heart again. Yeah, this was better than perfect.
I'll be back later to respond properly to feedback, but I had to fix my crediting oversight. blush

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sara, I totally love seeing Clark and Lois wake up together in the morning (or at least, after sleeping peacefully for hours) after making love for the first time. The wonderful intimacy of the moment, the complete wonder and total newness of it, the way we can expect them to be both blissfully happy and a little shy - aww, I love it. I love it. Of all the possible scenes and situations in a Lois and Clark story, the waking-up-in-the-morning-after may be what I love seeing most of all.

And you did such an adorable job of showing us Lois and Clark in precisely this situation. Do I have to tell you how much I love this?
He felt her legs brush against his as she stretched underneath the covers. His voice remained soft. "This is better than I ever dreamed it'd be, you know."

"What is?"

"This. Me, you, and..." He felt his cheeks get warm, and he reached to run his fingers over her bare shoulder. "Us."
I'm in awe at how sparingly you use words, and especially adjectives. Apart from "better", you only use three of them: "soft", "warm" and "bare". But these three adjectives, along with your delicate choice of verbs, infuse this scene with such incredible tenderness, intimacy and love. Oh, wow, Sara. It's so, so, so lovely.

Oh, and even I had a lot of fun reading the Pete and Elle scene - eh, I mean, the Dan and Elle scene. This must surely be one of the most creative uses of the Dan Scardino character ever.

And you're telling us there's only one part to go now? Now, that its WAFF-factor has been increased to the point where your story is becoming as addictive as a drug? Now you are planning to wrap the whole thing up??? Please say it ain't so!!!

whinging love

Ann

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Em, thank you again for letting me use that line as a bit of inspiration! goofy

I do have to mention this again here, because someone brought it up in the nfic folder:

There's no more Dan and Elle. frown I just don't feel that there's anything left to write; I'd be forcing it otherwise. Not even one of my BRs could change my mind. goofy Though, who knows, maybe final comments will spark something. Maybe not. smile

Thank you Maria, Ann, and Em so much for your comments!!

Final part up soon!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard