Sara, I'm sorry I haven't been posting FDK with the last few parts. Been crazy busy with the semester winding down.

"Hellooo, nurse!"
That gave me flashbacks to watching cartoons after school when I was a kid. Animaniacs was always one of my favorites. They just don’t make cartoons like that anymore.

Though... a quiet Elle wasn't a good sign. And, come to think, things were hurting a bit worse now that she was awake and staring at him. The Look of Death didn't really work, did it? He just needed more painkillers. That was it.
The Elle/Pete (or should I say Dan) bit was great. This part actually made me laugh out loud.

Her eyes rolled, and it seemed she was trying to fight a smile. "You are so full of it."
Elle and Pete sitting in a tree…*ahem* I guess that elementary school flashback wasn’t quite done yet.

And with Lois and Clark, Awww……

Nothing had gone according to plan, and he liked it better that way. He liked that he was different from his counterpart. There was more than one way to be Clark Kent and Lois Lane together. He'd been looking for it to be written in the stars, spelled out in black and white for him, but life wasn't perfect; it shouldn't have been a surprise that love hadn't been either. He felt the warmth surge in his heart again. Yeah, this was better than perfect.
"I never really believed that I'd be happy, that I even deserved to be happy." He swallowed roughly. "You make it so much easier to believe."
This line sounds a bit familiar. I love that you incorporated it into your story and the rewrite is great. (For those of you wondering, I’m referring to FDK for part 25.)

Great part! I can’t believe it is almost over.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"