Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Live To Fight Another Doomsday

Thanks for reading! smile1

Honestly, the first half of this story has been sitting in my WIP folder for months, and I'd had a plan to turn it into something long (which is what my plan usually is)... However, I needed something for Ficlet Friday and decided I could just finish this story by...unraveling my own plot and fixing everything before it even had a chance to go south. lol

Hope you liked it!

-Bek

Features Writer
Features Writer
Awesome grin HG Wells finally does something well.
Nice fix it fic cool

Last edited by Blueowl; 12/09/22 08:30 AM.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Haha, I was just thinking the same thing about Wells. Finally, he does something actually useful!

Nice plot untwist =)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great story! Short to the point and most of all Wells saves the day!

Hmmm, are you sure that wasn't The Flash's Harrison Wells? Saving the day in this dramatic fashion seems more like what he would do. smile1

I gotta admit Bek, would have loved to see the longer version of this story. Nonetheless, Happy Friday All! party

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Love this fic. That's the way the Batman vs. Superman movie should have ended, if Doomsday was necessary at all. Great work

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
clap

Glad everyone liked it!

...Wells might just be the interdimensional "chauffeur" for the crusade of Supermen -- they don't really give him much of an opportunity to talk, do they? lol

Originally Posted by Morgana
I gotta admit Bek, would have loved to see the longer version of this story.

I might still write the longer version at some point! It's still playing around in my mind... smile1

Thanks again for reading, all!

-Bek
hyper

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
You can whatever you want with your Doomsday monster, but in the comics it was created/developed by a Kryptonian scientist to be the perfect killing life form. The arid vacuum of space wouldn't kill it. And because it's Kryptonian, you can't point it at our sun without supercharging it. Maybe these Supermen actually put it on a collision course with a white dwarf so that ol' Doomy would be trapped in the star's gravity well until it collapsed into a black hole. Then there's no way to know what would happen to the creature, assuming it could survive even that. And I think even Superman's ethical prohibition on taking lives would survive Doomsday's demise.

I like this tale. So they've taken care of fifteen Doomsdays now? Wow. That means that there are at least fifteen different examples of Lois Lane in the multiverse. Doomsday wouldn't bother with a world without a Lois since there probably wouldn't be a Superman there without her. I hope none of the Loises happened to be on her way to visit her Clark when the Super-Committee To Eliminate Doomsday (SCTED) showed up to help take care of the local monster.

Ironic that you untwisted your own plot for this tale. Very inventive. Keep up the great work. And don't forget about the follow-up to Anchor, okay?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
You can whatever you want with your Doomsday monster, but in the comics it was created/developed by a Kryptonian scientist to be the perfect killing life form. The arid vacuum of space wouldn't kill it. And because it's Kryptonian, you can't point it at our sun without supercharging it. Maybe these Supermen actually put it on a collision course with a white dwarf so that ol' Doomy would be trapped in the star's gravity well until it collapsed into a black hole. Then there's no way to know what would happen to the creature, assuming it could survive even that. And I think even Superman's ethical prohibition on taking lives would survive Doomsday's demise.

Yes! They hurled him out into space, not toward the Sun, not with the intention of killing him, but with the goal of putting him on a path that shouldn't collide with anything, at least not for many many many light-years grin At least, that was their intention!

I like this tale. So they've taken care of fifteen Doomsdays now? Wow. That means that there are at least fifteen different examples of Lois Lane in the multiverse. Doomsday wouldn't bother with a world without a Lois since there probably wouldn't be a Superman there without her. I hope none of the Loises happened to be on her way to visit her Clark when the Super-Committee To Eliminate Doomsday (SCTED) showed up to help take care of the local monster.

SCTED! I like it! It is probably a good thing Lois was not around when they showed up!

Ironic that you untwisted your own plot for this tale. Very inventive. Keep up the great work. And don't forget about the follow-up to Anchor, okay?

I'm ready to start posting Part 2 if people want to read it! I know a few people are still finishing up Part 1. So hopefully soon!

Thank you for reading, and, as always, thank you for the thoughtful comments!!! hyper

-Bek

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bek!

which contains absolutely no fluffs or waffs. Be warned, but also, don’t worry! smile
/Eyes title/ Oh, it’s the DC Thanos laugh

The creature was laughing at him.
Aww, he wants to play!
CREATURE: chew toy!

The raindrops turned red as they sluiced off the deep, ragged wounds in his head, shoulder, and side.
Raindrops are falling on my head …

Gasping for breath, Clark Kent sat bolt upright in bed
I did expect a dream from the summary smile1

And I just had an unreliable narrator bunny: Clark is on a date and has strange flashes of pain etc. Turns out he's actually fighting and the date is visions / flashbacks while struggling with unconsciousness.

and the end—his death—more and more inevitable. […] Who could possibly be knocking at 5:33 a.m.?
[Linked Image]

“There’s three of you. I mean… There’s three of me. I mean…”
… Four?

This was their fifteenth stop, they’d told him… The fifteenth time they’d universe-hopped and banded together to save the life of another Superman
They could build a Pyramid scheme from it!

Together, the four Supermen dove down to unearth the creature and prevent the tragedy of Clark’s nightmare from coming true, saving the day…yet again. The End.
So, basically Doomsday got himself stuck in a Wells.

Nice little untwist smile1 Now they need to visit Alt-Clark and fix his Lois-problem.
ALT-CLARK: I don't have a Lois.
CLARKS: Hence the problem.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
And I just had an unreliable narrator bunny: Clark is on a date and has strange flashes of pain etc. Turns out he's actually fighting and the date is visions / flashbacks while struggling with unconsciousness.

Oh my! That would be tough (and interesting!) to write. Hmmmm!

So, basically Doomsday got himself stuck in a Wells.

rotflol

Nice little untwist smile1 Now they need to visit Alt-Clark and fix his Lois-problem.
ALT-CLARK: I don't have a Lois.
CLARKS: Hence the problem.

wave Michael

Gah, poor AltClark! Good thing there are so many fics that have solved his Lois problem. Although that usually comes with a slew of other problems as well...

Thanks for reading! As always, love your fdk!

-Bek
hyper

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Good story SuperBek! Kinda glad Clark faced Doomsday alone in a nightmare only! Sounds brutal and terrifying!

I like HG Wells when he acts proactively BEFORE tragedy occurs!

Well done.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Although that usually comes with a slew of other problems as well...
Hence the fun of it laugh
ALT-CLARK: dizzy

Thanks for reading! As always, love your fdk!
Happy to, Bek!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
Good story SuperBek! Kinda glad Clark faced Doomsday alone in a nightmare only! Sounds brutal and terrifying!

I like HG Wells when he acts proactively BEFORE tragedy occurs!

Well done.

Yay! Glad you liked it!

I agree, that nightmare would be pretty terrifying, and having it repeatedly for weeks... dizzy

HG Wells sometimes gets things right! lol

Thanks for reading!

-Bek
hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard