K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hey, FoLCs!

It's the 25th Annual Kerth Awards!! Can you believe it?

With this anniversary comes a few changes to the Kerth Committee. As many of you have probably seen, DeadlyChakram's (Vicki) has already announced that she and folc4evernaday (Val) are stepping down this year. We wanted to make an official announcement in addition to that so you have an idea of what to expect for this upcoming Kerth season.

We want to thank Vicki and Val for their many years of service and for keeping the Kerths alive all these years! It's no question that you two put a massive amount of work and love into these awards the last few years.

Please help me in thanking Vicki and Val and also in welcoming in the new Kerth Committee!

Your new Kerth Committee is:

Kerth Coordinator — Sara/KSaraSara
Technical Coordinator — Darth Michael
Volunteer Coordinator — AnnieM
Activities Coordinator — lovetvfan
Technical Advisor — Annette
Advisor/Consultant — KathyB

We're very excited to have Annette stay on this year in the background as advisor to me and Michael as we help take on more of the technical things across the sites. She'll help train us on getting everything updated (the Kerth site and history need a little TLC!) as well as getting nomination forms and ballots all figured out.

KathyB has agreed to be on the committee in an advisory role. We definitely welcome her help and expertise, as she was part of the original K-Com and has years of experience with how this all goes.

This year’s committee is looking forward to recruiting lots of volunteers to help us organize and present the ceremony. We’ll be posting some specific needs over the next few weeks, but be thinking about if and how you’d like to help. We’ll need big- and small-time commitments — everything from writing a quiz to help fans re-familiarize themselves with the eligible stories to presenting an award at the ceremony. We’re also open to creating a Ceremony Coordinator position if someone wants to make a commitment to join the committee and work with us in an ongoing capacity.

Keep an eye out for another post coming soon in which we'll ask for input on this year's categories!

And finally, be sure to get those stories posted by December 31st, 11:59pm (boards time) to have them considered eligible for the 2023 Kerth Awards!

We're so excited to get rolling on this next Kerth Award season!

Have a question? Ask it here! Or you can PM any of the K-Com members or reach out on Discord too! You can also send an email to us here: Kcom@kerthawards.com

The Kerth Committee
(Sara, Michael, Annie, and lovetvfan)

Other 2023 Kerth posts…
Kerth Announcement Post / Index
Eligible stories list
Official Kickoff Post (Schedule and Categories)
Eligible Fanart and Opt-In Opportunity
Take the Poll: Ceremony Dates and Times
Official Nominees for 2023
Nominations Closed and THANK YOU!
Call for Volunteers
Voting Has Started
2023 Ceremony Information — Where and How
Voting Has Closed
OFFICIAL CEREMONY TIME AND SCHEDULE
The Winners! That’s a Wrap!
Ceremony Transcript

Activities
25th Annual Kerth Awards 2023: Activity—Writer’s Year in Review
25th Annual Kerth Awards 2023: Activity—Reader’s Year in Review
25th Annual Kerth Awards 2023: Activity—Kerth Challenges

Last edited by Darth Michael; 05/02/23 07:24 AM. Reason: Adding links

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm excited to participate for the first time (in whatever capacity!). Looking forward to the next posts on volunteer opportunities, etc.

Thank you to the old committee for all of their hard work keeping this fandom alive all of these years (egads, almost 30 years now!) and to the new committee going forward.

You all are amazing, and I'm glad that I've stopped lurking and started participating in the writing/conversation/et al.

-Bek
hyper

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Sara!

Wishing you guys the best in helming your first Kerths! Looking forward to the 2023 season and all it entails!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard