Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, did I have a laugh when I read this. rotflol I liked this story so much that I used it to explain to a non-FoLC what FoLCs are. Well, needless to say, she had a good time, too. wink

But I think you missed a few types of FoLCs: The Lurker, trying to get his 'food' unseen;

The crossbreeds (who of the betas is neither writer nor feedbacker?);

The "I'm not a writer", who produces small quantities of High quality food;

The nagger, urging the writers to produce more stuff more quickly;

The horny Clark-lovers (there are a lot of them out here, especially on the nfic side)...

The Queen of the nfic herd; (Hello, Sue!)

Besides, you have to do a report on the mad cow.. er, mad FoLC disease: FoLCs rolling on the field after ingesting certain bits of fodder, mooing out loud - that would be us after reading about FoLCs. jump

Will there be a sequel?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
No, Annette is a FoLC but she also owns the "land" on which the FoLCs graze, and she has a few helpers called FoLCherds. (shepherds) Each presides over a certain "grazing ground"

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
I like your idea, Woody! And, if you don't mind, you can join *my* herd. But I call the shots... wink

Merriwether
Merriwether
Actually, I was thinking of LabRat and the other moderators as the shepherds, and I would join your herd, but I roam so much, I'm kind of a "lone wolf"

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

Kerth
Kerth
We forgot another 'beasty' often found around certain FoLCs. Tiny flying, usually brightly coloured pixie-like creatures who often roam the FoLC herds in flocks of their own, although some of them are known to be rather solitary. They are found whispering into the ears of their favourite FoLC, usually a fanfic writer or vid-maker: Our muses.

Although, on occasion, some FoLCs, usually betas and feedbackers, do the whispering, too.

Oh, and some strange habit of the writing and vid-making FoLCs: They avoid tomatoes at all cost. peep

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You have got to be kidding me. That was perhaps one of the most original, hilarious, brilliant ideas I have ever seen. Please feel free to expound...but include the requested GIGGLE warning next time...

thumbsup

SmirkyRaven

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I emailed Mary, but I guess I'll put my two cents worth in here, too. Hilarious!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Guys! laugh

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is all Mellie's fault. She mentioned FoLCs in the Mist in an e-mail and I just had to go and read it again. And now I'm here feed the Writer-FoLC small bits of FDK.

Mary, this was oh so great and original and the whole time I was seeing those documentary style comedies in front of my mind's eye. I wonder when they get the chance to revisit the the FoLC-kingdom to do a follow-up on the FoLCs they tagged.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wait, I remember that day. I was just grazing on the edge of the herd when I saw these strange people come by. Maybe Queenie got tranqed and that's where this came from.

Kerth
Kerth
Do you think we could get that writer-FoLC to work on a sequel if we threatened her with tranquilizer darts?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard