#293227 10/08/22 08:10 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Date Night continued! A bit short and sweet (2300ish words) after the LOOOOONG (7000ish words) of the last part. lol

I didn’t feel like waiting until Monday, in case you didn’t notice. If I can, I’ll post again tomorrow, but Monday for sure. smile

**There is an nfic version of this chapter available.**

Chapter 17

TOC found here

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww, so sweet. I love the reassurance they give to each other. And I liked the mark on the post rotflol

Can't wait for tomorrow ^_^ (or Monday).

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm still concerned about Clark's PTSD. This is not something that goes away by itself, nor can Lois love it away. If they work together, they can keep it mostly at bay, but they cannot defeat it. He must have some professional help, and soon. Pushing this trauma into a corner and ignoring it all but guarantees that it will come back suddenly and devastatingly.

Overall, though, the love story is beautiful. They're taking their time to find each other and find their footing together. Neither one is pushing the other for anything, which is as it should be. Neither one expects more than the other is willing to give, which is essential for healing their relationship. They are open and accepting of each other, tender and gentle with each other, and most of all loving despite the pain each still has. It's about as close to perfect as two flawed humans can be with each other.

I expect to see them both visit a therapist very soon. If there's a "resolution" for Clark's leftover conflict from New Krypton that doesn't involve professional help, I'm going to feel cheated. You have been warned.

It's still a really good story. I'm just forcing a reality I've experienced into this tale. I'm much better now.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Awww, so sweet. I love the reassurance they give to each other. And I liked the mark on the post rotflol

Can't wait for tomorrow ^_^ (or Monday).

Thanks! And I loved the mark on the post, too! I wish I could say I planned it! lol

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
I'm still concerned about Clark's PTSD. This is not something that goes away by itself, nor can Lois love it away. If they work together, they can keep it mostly at bay, but they cannot defeat it. He must have some professional help, and soon. Pushing this trauma into a corner and ignoring it all but guarantees that it will come back suddenly and devastatingly.

Overall, though, the love story is beautiful. They're taking their time to find each other and find their footing together. Neither one is pushing the other for anything, which is as it should be. Neither one expects more than the other is willing to give, which is essential for healing their relationship. They are open and accepting of each other, tender and gentle with each other, and most of all loving despite the pain each still has. It's about as close to perfect as two flawed humans can be with each other.

I expect to see them both visit a therapist very soon. If there's a "resolution" for Clark's leftover conflict from New Krypton that doesn't involve professional help, I'm going to feel cheated. You have been warned.

It's still a really good story. I'm just forcing a reality I've experienced into this tale. I'm much better now.

Terry, sorry to hear you’ve had your own experience with things, but I’m glad you’re better now! smile

Do bear in mind that he’s not yet been home even a month. smile The resolution you’re seeking is addressed in chapter 19, promise! (And… small “spoiler” for anyone reading this, but it appears there will be another story in this series…so don’t think that I’m aiming to wrap up his healing in a nice bow at the end coming up. He’s got a hard road, and they’re all aware. And there will be professional help!) Thanks for hanging in with me so far! I hope by the end I’m able to satisfy your desire for the aspect of realism you’re yearning for. I’m aiming for realism, so I appreciate your candor!

Thank you both for the feedback!

Sara love

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard