I'm still concerned about Clark's PTSD. This is not something that goes away by itself, nor can Lois love it away. If they work together, they can keep it mostly at bay, but they cannot defeat it. He must have some professional help, and soon. Pushing this trauma into a corner and ignoring it all but guarantees that it will come back suddenly and devastatingly.

Overall, though, the love story is beautiful. They're taking their time to find each other and find their footing together. Neither one is pushing the other for anything, which is as it should be. Neither one expects more than the other is willing to give, which is essential for healing their relationship. They are open and accepting of each other, tender and gentle with each other, and most of all loving despite the pain each still has. It's about as close to perfect as two flawed humans can be with each other.

I expect to see them both visit a therapist very soon. If there's a "resolution" for Clark's leftover conflict from New Krypton that doesn't involve professional help, I'm going to feel cheated. You have been warned.

It's still a really good story. I'm just forcing a reality I've experienced into this tale. I'm much better now.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing