Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
She’d barely made it off his front stoop when she heard the whoosh of Superman taking off. The sound made her nervous. His incredible powers made it so easy for him to get away from her, and she had a feeling that if she made a single misstep, the day would come when she’d hear that whoosh for the last time, and Clark Kent would be gone from her life forever.
I love this. It hurts, but I love it. Brilliant observation.

“Hi Lois,” Clark greeted her cheerfully. His easy grin seemed to light the room, and Lois felt something inside her leap with recognition. Clark’s back!
Gah!! That made me gasp... part in celebration with Lois, but mostly for the hurt I knew was only a few seconds away:

But then she saw his eyes, bleak and wounded behind his glasses. The smile and cheery voice were just an act, put on like a disguise in case Lex was watching or listening. The eyes told the real story, though, and seeing them made her realize that her Clark was no longer within reach, even when he was standing three feet away. He wasn’t back at all, and suddenly she was afraid that maybe he never would be – that the friendship and love she’d always thought were hers for the taking had really been withdrawn completely.
Originally, I was only going to quote the first sentence... but the whole paragraph is just... painful. goofy

... and there's no more story. frown

I'm loving this so much, Caroline!!! notworthy The emotions just leap off the page, and the characterization is superb! When's the next part? laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper Get back here!

mad What did Clark find?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Caroline, this is just brilliant! So emotional. Lois and Clark are hurting so badly. I just wish that one would take the plunge first and fess up about their feelings for each other. Just maybe the Kansas atmosphere will do the trick. peep

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Blogger
Blogger
This is just fabulous. whinging Can't wait to read the rest!!

Mmmm...pie.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Caroline

This is superb. smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh wow! Ditto what everyone has already said, Caroline. This is GREAT! And this, especially, *really* got me...
The eyes told the real story, though, and seeing them made her realize that her Clark was no longer within reach, even when he was standing three feet away.
You do such a great job of showing the emotions of these two, showing how torn up they are. You need to make them better. Soon. PLEASE!!!!!!! grovel

Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to beg. What I meant was "it'd be cool if you posted more soon. Whenever..." (NOW!)

~NICOLE smile

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah, Caroline! How can I add anything after everyone else has heaped such incredibly well-deserved praise on this story?

I get out my thesaurus. Your story is great, which means it is beyond the ordinary, specially important, memorable, eminent, preeminent, distinguished, noble, excellent, satisfactory and very pleasing. Your story is also brilliant, which means it is sparkling (why not?) and outstanding in intelligence or imagination. It is also fascinating, which means it compels us to feel delighted interest in it.

Ah, well. The thesaurus can't explain how agonizingly well you showed us what it must feel like to be Lois Lane and to have to see the bedrock of your existence, your best friend Clark Kent, just pretend to be your friend, for the benefit of Luthor's cameras. Oh, wow. (I was trying to look up "wow", but would you believe my thesaurus found that word beneath it? So I'll explain it myself. Wow: exclamation of amazed delight.)

Fantastic, Caroline. What a writer you are!!!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
oh wow I am totally speechless. Great part and I can't wait to see what happens next.

With your writing I can really feel the emotions of Lois and Clark. Wow.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Eek! This is so good it hurts.

Poor BOTH of them! Gah, they're both stubborn..

*Woes*

More? laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
*peers into Caroline's hard drive...*

Just letting you know I'll take the next part anytime. wink

I can't remember if you stated a posting schedule or not...

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Originally posted by KSaraSara:

Just letting you know I'll take the next part anytime. wink

I can't remember if you stated a posting schedule or not...

Sara smile
Hi Sara! Thanks so much for your lovely reviews and for your interest in the story. A peek into my hard drive reveals that the next chapter is about 80% finished and will probably be ready to post sometime in the next 3/4 days.

I haven't stated a posting schedule, but I'm shooting for posting about once a week and am deliberately keeping the chapters fairly short and the A-plot fairly uncomplicated so that my weekly goal will hopefully remain manageable. Unfortunately, I don't have it in me to plot really long, intricate stories right now - real life just doesn't allow for it - so I'm sticking with what I think I can accomplish. smile

Thanks so much to everyone who has made me feel so welcome here. I am thoroughly enjoying playing in this universe!

Best,

Caroline

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thanks for letting us know, Caroline! We may seem impatient (we are laugh ), but we'll be good about it. wink Just keep in mind that, around here, "nag" really means "love". wink

Good luck with the writing!! smile1

Thanks so much to everyone who has made me feel so welcome here. I am thoroughly enjoying playing in this universe!
FoLCs are the best, aren't we?! I wouldn't trade this fandom for the world. twins

Sara smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard