Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Some quality time with Martha and Jonathan. And a new plan is hatched. wink

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Top Banana
Top Banana
TOO SECRET! If Martha was not sold before, this will do it.

A nice, settling in chapter, getting all (well most) of the players if not on the same page then in the same chapter. I think Jonathan is coming around but Lois surprising Clark should remove more doubt. When he sees how accepted Lois is at Thanksgiving, well that will probably seal the deal.

This has been a real filling in the gaps story with detail which I love (Morgana can tell you that).

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Terrific chapter! It left me happy and smiling. Jonathan and Martha are falling for Lois too. I can’t wait for Clark’s surprise. Lois’s heartbeat will probably give her away but it’s going to be fun. I’m glad Martha and Lois will have some one on one time. I can’t wait for the next chapter! I love this universe!

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Love that Lois has recruited Martha and Lana into help with the surprise. Lana getting her revenge on Clark for keeping Lois’ first visit at the corn festival is simply too good a proposition. Clark is going to be so surprised even if like Songbird said Lois’s heartbeat may give her away.

Beautiful heart to heart between the Kent’s and Lois and Clark. Glad that they weren’t too hard on Clark for exposing his secret to Lois. I think the fact that Lana, Pete and Ginny have kept it to themselves all these years really helped cement that fact that they have nothing to fear.

Looking forward to more Smallville adventures! Dare we hope we’ll see Sophie and Caleb soon? Caleb especially will be very excited to see Lois.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm really curious about how the talk between Martha and Ginny will go. I think it would be wonderful for Martha to have a fellow mom to talk to about Clark and stuff.

Anyway, looking forward to the surprise smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
His parents looked ill, and Lois rushed to finish. “As soon as I saw Inspector Henderson at the door, I knew what he wanted. I’d known this was coming. I should have warned him. But I could see he…wasn’t thinking clearly. So I had a plan. I was ready. I asked them to wait outside while Clark helped me back into the bed, and then I just outlined a quick story. It was close to the truth just…toned down. I told him to say that the fire hadn’t reached the room I was in yet, only the smoke. That the stairs were still intact and we were able to make a run for it once he untied me. It was close enough to the truth that no one would think anything of it. They’d just think we got lucky.”

Luck? Nope. Yet another example of Ms. Lane thinking on her feet and Clark wisely following. That's what's known as a TEAM effort. Nicely written!

Martha’s eyes filled with tears, and Jonathan took her hand.

Lois, Clark, prime example of team work. Please follow! hyper

“I was supposed to write it,” Lois began. “But I was irritated because I didn’t have time to do that plus my main article. I was about to rush into a meeting with the Chief of Police to give him all my research on Luthor and fires and the inmate death I thought he was responsible for. And I mentioned offhand to Clark that I was going to ask Perry – that’s my editor in chief – to assign the sidebar to someone else because I didn’t have time to deal with it.”

“So while she was in the meeting,” Clark said. “I thought I’d just help her out and type up her notes. Then she could write it up quickly when she was done with her meeting, and she wouldn't have to ask to have it reassigned.”

“Only before I could even take a look at it, Perry comes barging out of his office all agitated,” Lois said, slipping into an impression of Perry’s gruff drawl. “‘I thought you wanted me to reassign this. The whole thing is done and it’s a damn good article.’”

If this is not an indication that Clark is moving to Metropolis, I don't know what is!

This has been a real filling in the gaps story with detail which I love (Morgana can tell you that).

Mike is right! Such a treat reading this, there is more than enough intricate story writing, excellent three dimensional characters and in-depth detail to make me happy! Gotta say, reading this series is like taking a Masterclass in writing for Lois and Clark. I love it!

Watch out Clark, the ladies in your life are planning one heck of a surprise. GO TIGERS!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard