Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Big conversations -- that should answer some of those questions about how much she knows about his past experience, or lack thereof.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
*melts* I love this chapter! Everything is out in the open now except one super revelation. I can’t wait for more! Thank you!

C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
Okay I’m officially swooning now, Clark is everything a girl could ask for in a guy. Loved how Lois was so proud to see his byline in the newspaper especially knowing that even though he is clearly a great teacher, it had not been his life plan. The two of them working together on her article is all shades of cute too. Waiting with baited breath for the next chapter. Hope the big revelation will come soon and that Luthor is caught soon.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Bonus points if you can identify all four episodes that contributed dialogue to this chapter. wink

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay, he told her about his lack of experience. I'm still wondering whether he will tell her about his powers before they finally cross the threshold. Thanks for another great chapter.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
One of the things that makes this storyline so interesting is their lack of professional competitiveness. This makes it so much easier for Lois to fall for Clark. The spectre of Claude was playing on Lois much more in the series due to their professional relationship. While still there in this story, it is less of a direct comparison to this relationship and hence less intrusive.

Cool job though I am still waiting for Lex to show up.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
All right, I like a good challenge. All four eps… 20 years ago I could’ve done it in my sleep, but now, well, it’ll be interesting, to say the least! goofy

Okay, so the scene with Clark cooking and Lois watching - “what, you’re never cooking?” is ‘A Chip off the old Clark’ (and yes, I always loved that scene in the show. It’s a spot that was worn on the vhs tape I made wink

Next, the “I had a really nice time/don’t knock yourself out, Lois” convo is from their first date ep - lucky Leon, right?

Moving on… the “I have been in love with you/you had to have known” convo was from when he first confessed his love for her before she was going to marry lex. And I know they are two separate eps, but I hung around with H way too long and only refer to them as a singular “BatP/HoL” ep, haha.

Last one - ugh, you had to hit me with S4, didn’t you? I remember the “I couldn’t get past your article/it’s first rate” lines but I have no idea of the ep name. It’s the one where the guy trades bodies with Clark. I think I only ever watched the beginning scene of that ep. Can I get half credit for that?

Loved this part, ladies! Seeing them grow as a couple, have some serious ‘couple’ conversations… sprinkle in some solid make out time and I’m a happy reader. Can’t wait for part 8!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Originally Posted by traceylynn
Last one - ugh, you had to hit me with S4, didn’t you? I remember the “I couldn’t get past your article/it’s first rate” lines but I have no idea of the ep name. It’s the one where the guy trades bodies with Clark. I think I only ever watched the beginning scene of that ep. Can I get half credit for that?

Tracey, I believe that S4 quote is from I've Got You Under My Skin! I recognized the other three, but not this one until I read your comments! You've got a great memory!

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
Tracey, I believe that S4 quote is from I've Got You Under My Skin! I recognized the other three, but not this one until I read your comments! You've got a great memory!

She's got a great memory because she literally wore out the VHS tapes watching the kissing scenes. wink

Originally Posted by traceylynn
I think I only ever watched the beginning scene of that ep.

The part with the upside down kiss? Shocking. wink

Seriously, nice work with the quote recognition game. I'm impressed after all this time.

And a personal note, my very favorite part of working in the quotes was changing them to fit this universe, and I especially liked when I could take a line and flip it to to make it happier, like having her say "All my life" to looking for Clark rather than Superman. And changing the context of the "you had to have known" dialogue, was absolutely my favorite flip in this entire series. That scene always broke my heart, and I love hearing it say it here in a totally different context.

Similarly, I always hated how they handled the topic of his virginity, with her freaking out and making it all about the pressure it put on her. So I went ahead and fixed that too. wink

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Annie, I love the way you fix things! notworthy

BTW, did you notice that shocking upside down kiss did not occur in the script? It was a simple kiss on the cheek! Or maybe you managed to sneek onto the set and fix that too!! If so, thank you. grin

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard