Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Toomi8,
I read this story after seeing your reference in the “favoritest fic” thread. Congratulations on producing a fresh new and interesting perspective on the HoL episode. I really liked your more realistic dive into the traumatic impact on Clark and to perhaps a lesser extent, Lois also. Good job with both. thumbsup

I found the tale very engaging from the start. Henderson’s expanded role improved the story while efficiently advancing the plot in my opinion. I prefer the stories where a few trusted people know about the secret identity. It actually enriches Clark’s character in various aspects.

And Perry seemed to be everywhere—doing everything he does best! Great job of characterization of all the supporting roles. clap

As difficult as it was to live through the physical & emotional trials facing Clark; it was equally, or more so, heartbreaking to sense the pain Lois encountered. Her lack of a support system really emphasizes her desperate need for Clark Kent. Her interactions with Martha really drove this point home. notworthy

I found your take on resolving some of the fractured relationship issues much more satisfying! You left us in a much better place than the TV episode! However, I do hope to see that sequel at some point in the near future.

Thanks for sharing your work. Hope to see more!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I can't believe I'd forgotten about this fic! I always have to wait until they are finished to read them, but by then the longer ones have often been buried several pages back in the toc list. That's my only excuse...

But, I was trolling back through the toc and catching up on shorts I hadn't read when I found this again! Just finished reading it and really enjoyed it. You captured very well Clark's pain and struggles, both physically and mentally, and had a realistic progression of healing for him. I liked how the open, sunny farm was just what he needed to counteract the dark cage.

I always enjoy Clark having more friends that he can be himself with. Henderson often seems like a great choice.

I also hope that the sequel still in the works!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard