Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thank you so much for reading. If you've enjoyed reading this half as much as we enjoyed writing it, we are thrilled. We had so much fun creating this universe and these characters, and the whole time we were writing we kept saying that even if no one else read it, we would be happy because we were just writing the story we wanted to read. We are so incredibly happy to know that so many of you love it as well.

The next story in this trilogy is complete and will be posted shortly. We need a couple of weeks to finish up some polishing, and then we'll be back!

On a related note: the second story is just slightly longer than this one and currently the chapter breaks are quite a bit longer -- averaging around 8k words vs 4k. We'd love to hear opinions from readers: would you prefer we break the chapters in half and resume daily posting? Or should we leave them as is and post every other day?

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
What a fitting end to this first instalment! I’m sure Cat is jealous that Lois has not only found a gorgeous man, but one who quotes beautiful poetry to her and sends her flowers straight away after their weekend together. Is this the part where Jimmy should be taking notes? goofy

Looking forward to reading the next instalment. In terms of posting your chapters I feel that you should go with what is convenient for you at the end of the day. Either way I will still be waiting with baited breath for each post!

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 06/30/22 08:01 AM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, finally caught up ^_^
This has got to be the most fluffy love story I've ever read, and it's set such an amazing groundwork into something I'm sure will be even more fluffy and I love it.
I also really liked how Cat, Jimmy, and Perry are given some limelight as well, especially Perry :3.
I can't wait to see how Lois and Clark become even closer and how he'll open up to her even more.

As for preferences for posts, I think I might prefer every day, though I'll admit I might have to play catch up at times (which to me is even sweeter cuz that'll mean binge reading....)

Thanks so much for sharing.

Last edited by Blueowl; 06/29/22 09:37 AM.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
*melts* I love it! Thank you for writing this story! It’s a story I’ve wanted to read too! Clark sending Lois flowers the morning after she got home with poetry quoted on the card was sweet and romantic. Lana dragging the story out of Clark was so Lana. I like this version of Lana. She’s a good friend to Clark.You ended this installment beautifully with Lois acknowledging that her heart wanted Clark. They can make this work and once Lois knows his secret, the sky’s the limit - literally.

I can’t wait for the next installment! For the past month every morning the first thing I’ve done when I’ve awakened was to reach for my phone to see if a new chapter was posted. I couldn’t always read it then but I liked knowing it was there. I’m going to miss doing that tomorrow morning but hopefully it won’t be long until you’re posting again. As to whether I would prefer you post a longer chapter every other day or a shorter chapter every day, whichever gets us the new story faster works for me! All kidding aside, I’ve come to enjoy having a new chapter to read every day but please do what works best for you. I’ll be thrilled either way. Thanks again! I love this universe! I’m very happy you decided to write and share it!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for a wonderful story. I can't wait for the continuation. I know it's going to be awesome, eveb if it's just half as good as this one. Already sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for that revelation. dance

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I’m sorry, I can’t comment when I’m riding on a fluffy, cotton-candy cloud of waffiness. <happy, contented sigh>

This story is so good! It’s getting a reread from beginning to end, because I need more time to soak it all in. I love this version of Lois and Clark, and I loved watching them fall in love. I loved Clark’s conversation with Lana - this best friend, almost-sister version of Lana is totally my favorite. The way the tone changed throughout the convo - his hesitancy to tell her about Lois, her hurt, his regret, her teasing, her gentle understanding of how deep his feelings really are - masterful writing. I love his flowers and quote, Cat, Jimmy, and Perry, and the way they each support her (in their own way, haha).

Finally, that last line was perfection. In any universe, in every way, her heart wants Clark Kent. You two remind me why I fell head over heels for these characters so long ago, and why I still love to read about them today.

As for posting, I’m all for every day, because I’m a super greedy reader, lol. But you guys do whatever works for you - I promise that your readers will be here!

Thank you for sharing your talent with us, and thank you for this wonderful story! So happy that there are more stories to follow.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Fitting end to a wonderful story. Everytime I think you have reached the peak of their (L&C) introspection you up the game. This chapter is great in my opinion because it shows how mature Lois is (or has become) in her ability to jump between work activities and personal activities. Her breakthrough in Smallville on this story was a game changer in that light. I believe she always thought that to relax and have fun made her less of a reporter than she wanted to be. The Smallville breakthrough and the one where Clark suggested that she re-interview the original Toasters showed her that by relaxing, ideas sometimes just flowed through without her being focused and working 20 hour days.

I await the next story!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Congratulations AnnieM & KathyB. You’ve written the story that every die-hard L&C fan is looking for! I feel confident in saying the fans love this "Happy Place" which you have created. Can’t wait to see how the relationship develops in Part 2.

Please post whatever way creates the least demand on your time. We want you to reserve your time to work on Part 3!! grin

Thank you so much for writing this amazing story and sharing it with us. notworthy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What an amazing story! I just devoured it all in about two days. Thank you!

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
This was a fantastic story. Absolutely perfected in the slow burn category! I'm eagerly waiting for the next installment to see how they work this out. As for your question, I love long chapters but I have some time during each day to catch up on reading.

R
Ray Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
AnnieM,
What a great story! Bravo! I didn't read it in parts so I was able to savor the story from start to finish. Speaking of which, I found myself watching the page count with sadness as I read more and more as I was coming to the end way too soon. I'm so glad to hear that there are two more stories coming as I can't wait to see what happens next. I found that while Lois is still a driven person she, in your universe, is also much more open to having a relationship with someone she is VERY attracted to. While she approached their relationship with caution she, ultimately, fell under Clark's spell. I also loved how you were able to weave lines from the show into your story under different circumstances that fit nonetheless. The romance was well done. You portrayed the attraction and passion with sensitivity but also with emotional depth. I was rooting for Lois to want to see Clark more and as such, I was very pleased when Lois expressed her desire to see more of him too. Workaholic Lois was certainly absent during that weekend in Smallville. Speaking of Smallville, the scenes with Lana and her family were great. They showed how much the townspeople were rooting for Clark and his girl, especially Lana. She so wants her friend to find the kind of relationship she has with Pete. I was heartened when Lois told Clark that she believed that people on other planets would probably be like them which made Clark very happy. My only disappointment was that with an opening like she gave him he didn't tell her about himself but I suppose that would be too much to ask. Thank you and your coauthor for writing such a wonderful opening to the trilogy and I can hardly wait to read Book Two!
Ray

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments. We're so thrilled so everyone is enjoying this world so much, and that you loved this story even if it did leave you waiting for the revelation.

We thought long and hard about the pace with which this Clark would reveal his deepest secret to Lois. In the universe of the show, he waits years -- after they are dating, after she risks her life to save her parents, after even he proposes to her. And that Clark may have struggled with the idea that she had a crush on his alter-ego, but he at least had the reassurance that she wasn't going to be horrified or terrified by his origins and differences. Our Clark has never told a single soul and has no beloved, idolized alter ego to reassure him that there are those who would love him despite his differences.

So, while I promise you a revelation is coming -- it wouldn't be Lois and Clark without one -- a huge part of why I wanted to write this story in the first place was to create an AU with a difference pace. One where they take their time getting to know each other, falling in love, and revealing themselves to each other rather than living happily ever after after a chance encounter or a mere weekend together. So, buckle up, and get ready for the next story in the series. In reality, the next story is the real heart of this series, and the bulk of the plot/action. There will be one final story in the series, but it's more of an overgrown epilogue, just tying up loose ends and giving up a glimpse into the future. The good news is The Magic of Love (as it has now been officially titled) is complete and all final edits and restructuring are finished. So we should be able to start posting shortly!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
What a delightful story for the summer! We have seen many different versions of Lois and Clark, but I must say, this has been one of the best in many years! Many on the msbs have stated that they are more mature and relaxed. I agree. That maturity comes through in their problem solving abilities, working together without Lois' competitive spirit which can be a little grinding at times. But best of all, the absence of unnecessary angst and stress. AnnieM here in this well-crafted story a deeply romantic, yet mature relationship is growing slowly. Too many times LnC meet, fall in love and decide to marry in a few short weeks, that ain't the way real lasting relationships happen!

The supporting characters are numerous and varied! Thus creating a fuller, richer world for our favorite reporters to live in. My only complaint is that we see very little of Pete Ross. frown

I'm going to let a few chapters pile up so I can binge. Best way to spend time while in an airport!

Despite all this, there are some rocky days ahead when the distance begins to loomed greater and greater until Clark finally reveals what he is capable of. I thought for sure he would tell her while they lay in the field watching the stars. What a totally beautiful scene that was! Sigh...

Thanks Annie and Kathy!

Last edited by Morgana; 07/19/22 06:41 AM. Reason: edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks so much for all your comments, Morgana. I haven't replied to all of them, but I've definitely been reading them all. I'm so glad you enjoyed binging this story. This version of the characters is definitely a little more mature and mellowed. It was nice to write a Lois who wasn't super competitive and snarky with Clark in the beginning. And that rush of meeting, falling in love, and marrying in just a few weeks is exactly what inspired me to start this story in the first place. I love an AU story, but that sort of timeline never seemed realistic to me, and I wanted to write a story where they took their time getting to know each other and being friends first, just as they did in the universe of the show. I'm so glad everyone appreciated that slow burn.

We'll see more of Pete in the next story, I promise. He's not a major player, but we will at least hear more from him.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the next story once you let a few chapters build up so you can binge. We're posting new chapters M-F this time, giving people who want the option the ability to binge weekly.

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Great wrong and storytelling! I finished the first installment in just under 24 hours, it was SO good I couldn't wait to finish it and see how it ended. My favorite part of the show was the romance and chemistry between their two characters and I love that this was devoted mainly to their budding relationship. I also appreciated a new take on an alternate universe in which Clark lives in Smallville but their love still transcends circumstances.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard