Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Clark got an email from Lois...and an interrogation from his family. Not bad for single chapter. wink

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Lana was definitely not going to let up especially in front of Martha and of course the ever astute Martha is not going to let Clark off the hook easily. She’ll no doubt get the full story out of him, if Lana doesn’t tell her everything first that is. Poor Clark is about to get trapped in a corner me thinks wink

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Features Writer
Features Writer
Poor Clark ... But very entertaining for me.
I wonder when he'll see her again.... cool
And I do like how well their personalities came through in their emails. ^_^

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Speaking of "happy place". I love this up close and personal look at Smallville! You have painted lovely, very realistic scenes right out of small town utopia. wave

So much fun getting to spend time in Clark's world; getting to meet his neighbors and spend more time with his students, friends and family. It's good to see Lana in such a satisfying relationship. And Martha is just so....Martha! That scene with Jenny Prichard and little Ethan was just warm and sigh worthy. notworthy

And it's obvious who just happens to be the favorite of everyone--Clark, aka "Coach"; loved more than he could ever imagine. But the Lois shaped hole in his heart is still empty...... sad

BTW, watching Clark get signed onto the internet was a real hoot! laugh

And, I can't close without saying, I did love this email from "sober" Lois! It was 100% Lois Lane holding nothing back! smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Smallville is the best. You write these relationships so well - teacher/student, coach/player, best friends, mother/son… they are sweet to read. Clark’s interaction with Travis was so cool to read (btw, his article sounds way more sophisticated than my high school’s hard hitting editorials on whether the gym lockers were too small, lol. We tried, though, we tried. This is why they won the Pacemaker!)

I like seeing Clark’s interaction with Jenny and Ethan, and then later with Sophie at the party - but it definitely served to show that no matter how full his life is right now, there is something missing. Well, someone. Like a dark-haired reporter from Metropolis, maybe. Her email back to him was great - the tone was spot-on. (Speaking of email, the detail about the aol disk had me grinning… the 90s nostalgia in his story is giving me all the feels. Life was grand when all we had to worry about was the screechy aol dial-up, wasn’t it? I remember printing out fanfics to read bc I wasn’t allowed to tie up the phone line that long. Good times, people, good times.)

Love that Lana dangled that carrot for Martha - you know Mom has some follow up questions now!! Hopefully she’ll encourage him to take a little trip to the big city… just for the sights, of course.

Can’t wait for part 9! (And congratulate me, because I’ve held off on messaging you and begging for the whole finished story. It has not been easy!!)

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
I'm so glad everyone is loving the Smallville scenes. I LOVED creating this version of Smallville. You'll see lots and lots more scenes in the community there with both familiar faces and new characters.

And the 90s nostalgia is STRONG with this story. Kathy and I laughed our butts off working in all the retro references. We knew from the very beginning Clark would have to use AOL free disks to set up his email. That was one of the first things we imagined.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard