Smallville is the best. You write these relationships so well - teacher/student, coach/player, best friends, mother/son… they are sweet to read. Clark’s interaction with Travis was so cool to read (btw, his article sounds way more sophisticated than my high school’s hard hitting editorials on whether the gym lockers were too small, lol. We tried, though, we tried. This is why they won the Pacemaker!)

I like seeing Clark’s interaction with Jenny and Ethan, and then later with Sophie at the party - but it definitely served to show that no matter how full his life is right now, there is something missing. Well, someone. Like a dark-haired reporter from Metropolis, maybe. Her email back to him was great - the tone was spot-on. (Speaking of email, the detail about the aol disk had me grinning… the 90s nostalgia in his story is giving me all the feels. Life was grand when all we had to worry about was the screechy aol dial-up, wasn’t it? I remember printing out fanfics to read bc I wasn’t allowed to tie up the phone line that long. Good times, people, good times.)

Love that Lana dangled that carrot for Martha - you know Mom has some follow up questions now!! Hopefully she’ll encourage him to take a little trip to the big city… just for the sights, of course.

Can’t wait for part 9! (And congratulate me, because I’ve held off on messaging you and begging for the whole finished story. It has not been easy!!)