Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow. I hope Perry can help straighten this growing mess out before either of them can say anything else they'll regret....
Looking forward to more, and I wonder how Lois and Perry will respond when/if they discover he's Superman (assuming Perry doesn't already know).

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That soup was hilarious! All the ways Lois tried to make it fool-proof, and yet...

Clark. Yikes. He is definitely not well. Hopefully Perry can put some sense into him.

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 07/26/21 11:22 PM.

~•~
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Thanks for all of your comments!

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
That soup was hilarious! All the ways Lois tried to make it fool-proof, and yet...

Clark. Yikes. He is definitely not well. Hopefully Perry can put some sense into him.

hyper Yes!!! Glad you caught the soup bit.

Part 11 is posted.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thank you for another wonderful chapter! I can see why flying on a plane would make Clark nervous. I hope his powers come back soon. I can’t wait for more!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hmm, I suspect Perry has a long term plan? Glad he was there to redirect Lois and (sorta) sooth things over.
I also hope to see more of Jack. I feel he was under utilized in the series....

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Hmm, I suspect Perry has a long term plan? Glad he was there to redirect Lois and (sorta) sooth things over.
I also hope to see more of Jack. I feel he was under utilized in the series....

I really liked the character of Jack and feel it was a pity they didn't use him a little more in the second season... You will see more of him, just a bit.

Part 12 is now posted!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for a terrific chapter!! I enjoyed it a lot but it’s also very emotional. I admit I got teary eyed for Clark. What he’s going through hurts.

Love is a powerful emotion, perhaps the strongest of them all. It can be irrational and not always make sense. It sometimes leads you to do do stupid things. Jonathan is right that when the dust settles, there can be regret which is what Lois is feeling. Jonathan is a wise man and he gave Clark a lot to think about.

Clark really needs to talk to Lois. They are both hiding a truth from the other.

I share Clark’s horror at the bright pink calamine lotion. I think we’ve all been there.

I can’t wait for the next chapter! I hope more is coming soon!

Features Writer
Features Writer
I really hope they're not biting him because some of his invulnerability is coming back, that and the loud buzzing....
And hopefully he and Lois can clear some things up between them.
Looking forward to more.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Songbird
Thanks for a terrific chapter!! I enjoyed it a lot but it’s also very emotional. I admit I got teary eyed for Clark. What he’s going through hurts.

Love is a powerful emotion, perhaps the strongest of them all. It can be irrational and not always make sense. It sometimes leads you to do do stupid things. Jonathan is right that when the dust settles, there can be regret which is what Lois is feeling. Jonathan is a wise man and he gave Clark a lot to think about.

Clark really needs to talk to Lois. They are both hiding a truth from the other.

I share Clark’s horror at the bright pink calamine lotion. I think we’ve all been there.

I can’t wait for the next chapter! I hope more is coming soon!

Thanks for the compliment smile It was a challenging chapter to write and while Jonathan's viewpoint doesn't appear in this story, I wanted to include some of his wisdom, and have an interaction with Clark and his Dad.

Originally Posted by Blueowl
I really hope they're not biting him because some of his invulnerability is coming back, that and the loud buzzing....
And hopefully he and Lois can clear some things up between them.
Looking forward to more.

wink

I will say no more....

Except... Part 13 is posted!

I am taking off for a week's camping in good ol' Saskatchewan. No chapter next week as I'll be fighting the mosquitos myself (and bringing along the bottle of calamine lotion!)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Good luck on your camping trip, Toomi8. The mosquitos up there are a lot bigger and meaner than the ones we have south of the Mason-Dixon line.

This was a short chapter but still interesting. Someone is still pulling strings at LexCorp, and it may be Mrs. Cox doing the pulling. Maybe she was more involved here than in canon. It appears that she's not in police custody, unless I've missed something significant (maybe she made bail?).

I know that Lois has no real reason to suspect that CK=SM at this point, but she's going to start thinking about it very soon. I think she has a subconscious niggle in her mind that will push her toward that deduction, just as Bill has already done. Of course, he's not in love with Clark, so that isn't clouding his reasoning processes. Besides, she's still in shock at being pushed out of LNN.

Perry will get to the bottom of that mysterious "Stop that!" phone call soon, and I'd bet nickles to noodles that both Jimmy and Jack will help significantly. And, like some others, I sure hope Clark's powers come back soon. He always said he wanted a normal life, but living without his powers is analogous to a normal person being in a body cast. All the things one does without thinking are now either exceptionally difficult or impossible. Clark has to help people - it's innate in his psyche - and he can do that far better with powers than without.

Next chapter, please. Following your camping trip, of course. Enjoy whatever activities you have planned and the people with whom you have planned them. And don't come back bathed in pink. (I doubt that's a good look for you.)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay, another chapter. I'm sorry I didn't leave feedback on the last one.

I love this story. It's good to see Lois side again. And a Clark's emotional state in the last chapter was just heart-wrenching. Very well done

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Toomi8, thanks for a wonderful chapter! I love this story and you have me addicted. I always want more!

The “Stop that!” phone call has me intrigued. I’m sure Perry will get to the bottom of it. Maybe that call will be enough to spark Lois’s curiosity and get her interested in something again. Of course, that’s assuming Perry tells her.

I’m wondering if Henderson will hint to Clark that he knows his secret.
Clark definitely needs to talk to Lois. Henderson might just give him the nudge that he needs to tell Lois his secret.

I hope you’re having fun on your camping trip and that the mosquitoes are leaving you alone! Maybe you’ll get lucky and you won’t need the pink stuff. I’m looking forward to the next chapter after you get back!

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
This continues to be incredible. Thank you for posting it.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Features Writer
Features Writer
Luthor's influence is still trickling through.... I hope they get everything squared away and that Luthor really is deaddead..... grumble

Anyway, Henderson still being Henderson cool. I hope Clark begins feeling better/super soon and that him and Lois can patch things up.
Looking forward for more.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Good luck on your camping trip, Toomi8. The mosquitos up there are a lot bigger and meaner than the ones we have south of the Mason-Dixon line.

This was a short chapter but still interesting. Someone is still pulling strings at LexCorp, and it may be Mrs. Cox doing the pulling. Maybe she was more involved here than in canon. It appears that she's not in police custody, unless I've missed something significant (maybe she made bail?).

Next chapter, please. Following your camping trip, of course. Enjoy whatever activities you have planned and the people with whom you have planned them. And don't come back bathed in pink. (I doubt that's a good look for you.)

Hmm... The intent was to show that Lex had arranged for Lois's departure the morning of their wedding. I've changed the sentence to read:

With trembling hands, Lois placed the receiver back in its cradle. Dave had done some digging and all he could tell her was the orders to terminate her position within LNN had come from much higher up than management. There had been nothing in her file to indicate any performance issues, or anything that would lead to such an abrupt ending of her job. The only thing he had found was a signature on the termination forms, a Mrs. Cox, dated the day she was supposed to be married.

Thankfully we saw almost no mosquitos! Regina was swarming with wasps though, so I think I'd take the mosquitos.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Hello all,

Thanks for the great feedback.

Part 14 is posted. Apologies as it's so short!

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
So happy for Clark!!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay, Clark's powers are coming back. And it looks like Lois is making an appearance soon and this time Clark might actually be wiling to talk to her. Double YAY!!! Eagerly waitng for the next chapter

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I was so happy when I saw there was a new chapter! Thank you! I’m happy for Clark. It was nice of Martha to invite Lois to visit. I hope she goes. Lois and Clark need to talk. I can’t wait for the next chapter!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Part Ten

I am enjoying this story immensely! In the TV series, we viewers were treated to 'jumps' in what happened after Lex killed himself. Here, we see what took place in between the 'jumps'. For instance, Lois and Clark slowly working there way back to friendship. There are several stories that talk about them after the Daily Planet is rebuilt, but precious few which delve into their relationship before hand. Kudos to you!

“Oh, they’re not too much of a nuisance,” Lois tried to assure her, adopting a cheery tone, while trying to stop the giant lump in her throat from growing. Martha was showing more concern for her wellbeing than her own mother had. “They’ll give up soon.”

This is my one pet peeve. Ellen Lane was loud, opinionated and yes, a recovering alcoholic, but underneath all that, she did care for her daughter. Phyllis Coates appearance, although brief, showed a woman who was fiercely loyal to her child and not someone who would abandon her and spend two weeks at a spa. I would like to think she would have given those reporters milling around Lois's apartment a piece of her mind. It is a shame the writers did not allow her to become Ellen Lane rather than Beverly Garland.

Otherwise this story is awesome.

Love Perry's appearance just as the argument was getting heated. Talk about timing! laugh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard