Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you very much for your feedback, cuidadora and Blueowl. I appreciate that you always, take the time to comment.

I'll try to post more frequently.

Part 6 will be up, soon

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Still tense and exciting! And the "Shamrock of Horrors!" Much better than my suggestions.

Hey, y'all, I told you this was good. And bakasi is proving me right. Keep it up, lady!

I know you will, too, cause I done seen the rest and it's outstanding.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
Clark (Chuck) and Lois are already working well together ^_^
I wonder how they're going to go about the Planet's 'bombing'.... And I'm looking forward to seeing how Luthor responds to it all.
I hope Clark heals and recovers his strength quickly!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The threat had left his mouth before Clark had a chance to stop himself. He wasn’t even sure if he meant it. He’d never been trained to be a killer. Some people in the military had seen him as the perfect assassin. But the majority of the people of Bureau 39 had been afraid that a being as powerful as he was could become a terrible threat to humankind if used as a super-soldier. Clark was glad that they had never forced him to kill people. That went against his every instinct.

Really intense, but Scardino was belittling Clark by calling him Edgar.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I was hoping you'd appreciate the Shamrock of Horrors, Terry. I'm glad you like the adjustments I've made.

Originally Posted by Blueowl
Clark (Chuck) and Lois are already working well together ^_^
I wonder how they're going to go about the Planet's 'bombing'.... And I'm looking forward to seeing how Luthor responds to it all.

They make a good team, huh? You'll find out about the bombing, soon. I'll post the next chapter tomorrow. My tomorrow, for you it might very well be later today, depending on what time zone you're in.

@Morgana: The relationship between Dan and Clark is a little strained, though for slightly different reasons than in canon. Which reminds me that I always wanted to write a story where Clark and Dan had to work together to save Lois. If only I could come up with a decent plot. And if I had the time.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Really enjoyed this chapter. Definitely intense. You certainly brought me into both Clark and Lois' emotions brilliantly. Looking forward to where you take this next.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
You certainly brought me into both Clark and Lois' emotions brilliantly.

Glad you enjoyed this part. From now on, the story will focus more on developing the relationship between Lois and Clark, though I certainly won't forget the A-plot.

Part 7 is up.

Last edited by bakasi; 08/13/21 03:12 AM.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm glad Lois was picking up on how Dan was making Clark uncomfortable. I also hope they can get out of there without too much issue eek
Poor Henderson, having to juggle all of this. I wonder how Perry will respond to all of this....

Looking forward to more, as always.

Features Writer
Features Writer
A fast-moving chapter. Lois and Clark are working together well. Dan is still a jerk. And rather oblivious to how Clark is perceiving his "jokes," which aren't particularly funny, rather are hurtful in their double meaning. Also He's rather stupid to push Clark's buttons if he has any inking of what Clark can do. Maybe he thinks Clark's morals won't cause him to retaliate? And a cliffhanger! Looking forward to more of the relationship developing, assuming the Dastardly Duo don't mess up the plan too much.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Looking forward to more of the relationship developing, assuming the Dastardly Duo don't mess up the plan too much.

Dastardly Duo, that's funny clap

Thank you both for your feedback, cuidadora and Blueowl.

Part 8 is up

Last edited by bakasi; 08/13/21 02:50 AM.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Glad they got out of there, and dang, Luthor is not going to be pleased when he hears of Lois' death. I am curious to see what exactly his reaction is going to be, especially if he truly does love her.....
Looking forward to more ^_^

Features Writer
Features Writer
Excellent chapter with the tension and close calls. I agree with Scardino that he's probably giving more away about Clark than he'd want revealed to Lois and especially Jimmy. Will be interesting to see Clark's reactions to that in addition to Perry and Luthor's reactions to all that's happened, or what they think happened. Hope Clark can find a safe place to recover completely before he has to face danger again. Looking forward to where you take this intriguing story next.

Out of curiosity, any idea about how many chapters this will be? Or is that giving away too much information to your readers?

Cuidadora

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Glad they got out of there, and dang, Luthor is not going to be pleased when he hears of Lois' death. I am curious to see what exactly his reaction is going to be, especially if he truly does love her.....

Thank you for your feedback, Blueowl. Actually, I'm never sure about Luthor's true feelings for Lois.

@cuidadora: I'm glad you liked this chapter, although Clark practically shot at Lois.

Telling you how many chapters this will be, won't be giving away too much. I just don't know the exact number. Should be about 16.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Still good. Still tense. Still edge-of-the-seat fascinating.

There are twists coming! Of course, with a writer of Bakasi's caliber, you already knew that, right? So just expect the slight case of whiplash - it won't hurt too long. You'll probably even enjoy it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you, Terry. Your comments mean a lot to me.

Part 9 is up

Last edited by bakasi; 08/17/21 07:30 AM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Part 6

It was an understatement. Her hair was badly tousled and both her blouse and her skirt were torn. Blood stains made it appear like she’d suffered a bleeding nose. She’d stuffed a tissue into her nose to support that impression. To top it all off, a bruise was covering her left cheek. She gave a rather pitiful sight. Clark felt slightly sick to his stomach as he saw her. His first impulse was to apologize, but then he realized that her appearance wasn’t his doing.

Whoa! Years ago BJ wrote a fabulous story called, Master of Disguise. Lois used all her talents to blend in and get the goods on Luthor. If anyone gets a chance, by all means read it! That being said, reading about Lois emerging from that bathroom made me realize she has to pull off many disguises in order to get the story. As we can see here, her hand at making herself look beaten up was so professional, it made Clark sick. Well done Lois.

Well done Bakasi!

Last edited by Morgana; 08/17/21 04:36 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Part 7

“I can’t tell you everything right now, but we could use your help,” Lois said urgently. “Luthor is supposed to think that the two of us died in the explosion.”

“Explosion? Die?” Jimmy squeaked.

Clark was just finished exchanging the fourth charge, as his hearing picked up another sound.

“Do you see them?” The sound of the voice let Clark’s blood run cold. It was Ray.

“No,” Joe whispered back.

Cliffhanger! shock

Now I know why I shouldn't read fanfic at work! To quote our favorite female reporter, "This story just keeps getting better and better!"

Onto Part 8 ... at lunchtime.

Last edited by Morgana; 08/17/21 04:36 PM.

Morgana

Features Writer
Features Writer
You've done something that is nearly impossible. You have me actually being okay with Dan and sort of liking him.....
Anyway, I love that Lois is seeing proof of Luthor's evil actions. Release the Mad-Dog. *rubbing hands*
And the call Clark made to the Kents..... Man. How much exactly did they miss out on his life? And they only just now learned something can hurt him smirk And him afraid they won't still love him if they knew the truth. So sad cry

Looking forward to more.

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Now I know why I shouldn't read fanfic at work! To quote our favorite female reporter, "This story just keeps getting better and better!"

Thank you very much. Perhaps I should warn you that there will be a few more cliffhanger waiting for you.

@Blueowl: I'm glad that I managed to get Clark's fears across.

And now on to the next part

Part 10

Last edited by bakasi; 08/20/21 04:03 AM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you very much. Perhaps I should warn you that there will be a few more cliffhanger waiting for you.

No worries! I deliberately decided not to read anymore after Part 7 so I could binge! Going to read the latest posting this evening when the house is quiet.

Morgana

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard