Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: bakasi FDK: Live Another Day - 07/06/21 08:56 PM
Comments go here. Please let me know what you think!

Part 1
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/07/21 01:26 AM
Holy cow. Well, her instincts and reflexes are certainly getting her in trouble here....
That, and her unfailing bad luck....
And she of course had to see the man's face sad

Hope to see the next part soon!
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/09/21 06:06 PM
Thanks for commenting, Blueowl. Yes, Lois is a real trouble magnet. But over the course of the story that special talent will also have some positive side effects.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/12/21 02:01 AM
He loved her. Lois couldn’t honestly say that a man had ever said such a thing to her and truly meant it. She wasn’t even sure if any of the men in her life had ever uttered those three words – including her father. That someone could actually be in love with her sent her heart racing. Now Lois was faced with the biggest decision of her life. Should she marry Lex Luthor? She desperately longed to talk it through with someone.

OK, you got me wondering how this one is going to evolve. Lex is totally sexy when he is trying to influence a woman, but later on... watch out! Lois, think before answering, the man does not love you.

Looking for more in the near future!

Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/13/21 12:05 PM
Thanks for your feedback, Morgana. The next chapter should give you an idea where this story is going.

It's coming up in the next few minutes wink

Part 2
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/13/21 02:06 PM
Still tense, still tight, still outstanding. Great story, bakasi. I can't comment more than that (I am privileged to have been a beta on this tale) except to say that there's a lot of really good stuff coming up! Y'all keep reading, okay?
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/14/21 12:24 AM
Wow. I suspect Chuck has an interesting backstory.
I see why you had put that warning! Glad things turned out . . . okay there.
And it was amazing to see Lois seesaw between incredible bravery and understandable fear, so in character smile
Anyway, looking forward to more.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/14/21 03:51 PM
Lois’ gut twisted painfully. She had once thought that Claude was interested in her personality. It was a given that she couldn’t trust her instincts when it came to men.

Such a harrowing situation would frighten anyone. But now it is time for you to make full examination of everything around you and make plans to escape.

Glad you gave that warning, it was getting tense.

Where is Clark?
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/15/21 11:49 AM
Thank you for advertising, Terry. Actually it was a privilege having you as a beta and not the other way round.

Originally Posted by Blueowl
Wow. I suspect Chuck has an interesting backstory.

Well, his backstory will at least play an important role during the rest of the story.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Glad you gave that warning, it was getting tense.

Where is Clark?

I'm glad that the warning didn't scare you off. Thank you for reading, everyone.

The mystery of Clark's whereabouts will be solved in the next chapter. evil

Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/16/21 08:22 PM
Wow, catching up with this thrilling, intense story. I certainly didn't expect the twists so far, and looking forward to wherever you take it next,
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/20/21 12:15 PM
Thank you for your feedback, Cuidadora.

I'm curious how you will like the next twist.

Part 3 is coming up

peep
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/21/21 10:18 PM
Well, this is definitely intriguing. And what a cliffhanger! What in the world happened during that fight???
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/23/21 12:17 PM
Live Another Day is certainly a chilling story! Now we know what happened to Clark.

Dan is probably Scardino, who is 'Chuck's' supervisor.

Is Clark estranged from his parents? Hope not, they are the main stabilizers in his life.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/23/21 12:40 PM
Live Another Day is certainly a chilling story

I hope this doesn't mean you're going to stop reading now. frown
Lois and Clark certainly didn't start on the best of terms (quite the opposite in fact). I fully intend to put my toys back into the box. Unlike most stories I have written lately this story actually has an A-plot worth mentioning. But throughout the remainder of this story, there will also be a huge focus on B-plot. I wanted to show how Lois and Clark learn to trust each other after this less than ideal start. The chilling should subside during the next two chapters. You'll certainly find out what's going on with Clark and how much he needs a Lois.

Thanks for your feedback, Morgana.

@cuidadora: Thank you very much for reading. I think you may be surprised about what happened during the fight. angel-devil

Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/25/21 12:59 PM
I hope this doesn't mean you're going to stop reading now. frown

Nope this reader is staying for the whole Nantucket sleighride! wink This is a very different Lois and Clark meeting. I may not comment as much as in the past, yet I will be around. hyper

Looking forward to the next part!
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/26/21 02:39 PM
Nope this reader is staying for the whole Nantucket sleighride!

Glad to read that. I had to look up the expression. Interesting analogy. I'm just wondering who the whale is. goofy

Since I'll be visiting my in-laws tomorrow, I don't know whether I'll find the time to post. So, I'm going to do it a little earlier. For the next four weeks, I'm not sure I can stick to posting on Tuesdays. I'll try to keep a weekly schedule, though.

The next chapter should be the last one to give you the chills. I'm turning up the heat soon. peep

Here's Part 4
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 07/27/21 12:57 AM
Very cool alternative background for Clark. I love how he is still Clark at his core while struggling to decide what he should do in the situation.
I also wonder what Lois is going to do now that she likely knows he's not really a bad guy and is some kind of undercover officer (of sorts).
And you actually managed to make me not instantly hate Scardino! That's impressive.
Looking forward to more.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/03/21 08:12 AM
Thank you very much for your feedback, Blueowl. I'm glad you're still following this story.

I also wonder what Lois is going to do now that she likely knows he's not really a bad guy and is some kind of undercover officer (of sorts).

You're going to find out soon. Part 5is up.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/03/21 12:48 PM
Wow. I feel bad for Lois, but at least she's still listening. And I hope Clark gets his powers back quickly eek

I really hope they can avoid blowing up the Planet and nail Luthor together. I've always wondered how much closer they could have gotten, sooner, if they had done so in the show.

Looking forward to more.
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/05/21 11:18 PM
Still reading and getting caught up on my comments.

Part 4 - Well, I didn't expect that explanation for Clark's limp. It makes perfect sense. I hope his solution won't cause an even bigger problem. What a sad back story for him. His threat to Dan at least worked.

Part 5 - Lois is going through a range of emotions in a short period of time. I could feel her world being turned upside down with the revelations. Looking forward to more.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/06/21 12:26 PM
Thank you very much for your feedback, cuidadora and Blueowl. I appreciate that you always, take the time to comment.

I'll try to post more frequently.

Part 6 will be up, soon
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/06/21 03:41 PM
Still tense and exciting! And the "Shamrock of Horrors!" Much better than my suggestions.

Hey, y'all, I told you this was good. And bakasi is proving me right. Keep it up, lady!

I know you will, too, cause I done seen the rest and it's outstanding.

Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/07/21 12:29 AM
Clark (Chuck) and Lois are already working well together ^_^
I wonder how they're going to go about the Planet's 'bombing'.... And I'm looking forward to seeing how Luthor responds to it all.
I hope Clark heals and recovers his strength quickly!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/08/21 12:17 PM
The threat had left his mouth before Clark had a chance to stop himself. He wasn’t even sure if he meant it. He’d never been trained to be a killer. Some people in the military had seen him as the perfect assassin. But the majority of the people of Bureau 39 had been afraid that a being as powerful as he was could become a terrible threat to humankind if used as a super-soldier. Clark was glad that they had never forced him to kill people. That went against his every instinct.

Really intense, but Scardino was belittling Clark by calling him Edgar.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/09/21 05:06 PM
I was hoping you'd appreciate the Shamrock of Horrors, Terry. I'm glad you like the adjustments I've made.

Clark (Chuck) and Lois are already working well together ^_^
I wonder how they're going to go about the Planet's 'bombing'.... And I'm looking forward to seeing how Luthor responds to it all.

They make a good team, huh? You'll find out about the bombing, soon. I'll post the next chapter tomorrow. My tomorrow, for you it might very well be later today, depending on what time zone you're in.

@Morgana: The relationship between Dan and Clark is a little strained, though for slightly different reasons than in canon. Which reminds me that I always wanted to write a story where Clark and Dan had to work together to save Lois. If only I could come up with a decent plot. And if I had the time.

Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/09/21 06:50 PM
Really enjoyed this chapter. Definitely intense. You certainly brought me into both Clark and Lois' emotions brilliantly. Looking forward to where you take this next.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/10/21 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by cuidadora
You certainly brought me into both Clark and Lois' emotions brilliantly.

Glad you enjoyed this part. From now on, the story will focus more on developing the relationship between Lois and Clark, though I certainly won't forget the A-plot.

Part 7 is up.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/11/21 12:20 AM
I'm glad Lois was picking up on how Dan was making Clark uncomfortable. I also hope they can get out of there without too much issue eek
Poor Henderson, having to juggle all of this. I wonder how Perry will respond to all of this....

Looking forward to more, as always.
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/13/21 01:34 AM
A fast-moving chapter. Lois and Clark are working together well. Dan is still a jerk. And rather oblivious to how Clark is perceiving his "jokes," which aren't particularly funny, rather are hurtful in their double meaning. Also He's rather stupid to push Clark's buttons if he has any inking of what Clark can do. Maybe he thinks Clark's morals won't cause him to retaliate? And a cliffhanger! Looking forward to more of the relationship developing, assuming the Dastardly Duo don't mess up the plan too much.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/13/21 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Looking forward to more of the relationship developing, assuming the Dastardly Duo don't mess up the plan too much.

Dastardly Duo, that's funny clap

Thank you both for your feedback, cuidadora and Blueowl.

Part 8 is up

Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/14/21 02:48 AM
Glad they got out of there, and dang, Luthor is not going to be pleased when he hears of Lois' death. I am curious to see what exactly his reaction is going to be, especially if he truly does love her.....
Looking forward to more ^_^
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/15/21 09:47 PM
Excellent chapter with the tension and close calls. I agree with Scardino that he's probably giving more away about Clark than he'd want revealed to Lois and especially Jimmy. Will be interesting to see Clark's reactions to that in addition to Perry and Luthor's reactions to all that's happened, or what they think happened. Hope Clark can find a safe place to recover completely before he has to face danger again. Looking forward to where you take this intriguing story next.

Out of curiosity, any idea about how many chapters this will be? Or is that giving away too much information to your readers?
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/16/21 06:19 AM
Glad they got out of there, and dang, Luthor is not going to be pleased when he hears of Lois' death. I am curious to see what exactly his reaction is going to be, especially if he truly does love her.....

Thank you for your feedback, Blueowl. Actually, I'm never sure about Luthor's true feelings for Lois.

@cuidadora: I'm glad you liked this chapter, although Clark practically shot at Lois.

Telling you how many chapters this will be, won't be giving away too much. I just don't know the exact number. Should be about 16.

Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/17/21 03:06 AM
Still good. Still tense. Still edge-of-the-seat fascinating.

There are twists coming! Of course, with a writer of Bakasi's caliber, you already knew that, right? So just expect the slight case of whiplash - it won't hurt too long. You'll probably even enjoy it.

Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/17/21 10:57 AM
Thank you, Terry. Your comments mean a lot to me.

Part 9 is up
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/17/21 08:31 PM
Part 6

It was an understatement. Her hair was badly tousled and both her blouse and her skirt were torn. Blood stains made it appear like she’d suffered a bleeding nose. She’d stuffed a tissue into her nose to support that impression. To top it all off, a bruise was covering her left cheek. She gave a rather pitiful sight. Clark felt slightly sick to his stomach as he saw her. His first impulse was to apologize, but then he realized that her appearance wasn’t his doing.

Whoa! Years ago BJ wrote a fabulous story called, Master of Disguise. Lois used all her talents to blend in and get the goods on Luthor. If anyone gets a chance, by all means read it! That being said, reading about Lois emerging from that bathroom made me realize she has to pull off many disguises in order to get the story. As we can see here, her hand at making herself look beaten up was so professional, it made Clark sick. Well done Lois.

Well done Bakasi!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/17/21 08:35 PM
Part 7

“I can’t tell you everything right now, but we could use your help,” Lois said urgently. “Luthor is supposed to think that the two of us died in the explosion.”

“Explosion? Die?” Jimmy squeaked.

Clark was just finished exchanging the fourth charge, as his hearing picked up another sound.

“Do you see them?” The sound of the voice let Clark’s blood run cold. It was Ray.

“No,” Joe whispered back.

Cliffhanger! shock

Now I know why I shouldn't read fanfic at work! To quote our favorite female reporter, "This story just keeps getting better and better!"

Onto Part 8 ... at lunchtime.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/18/21 01:23 AM
You've done something that is nearly impossible. You have me actually being okay with Dan and sort of liking him.....
Anyway, I love that Lois is seeing proof of Luthor's evil actions. Release the Mad-Dog. *rubbing hands*
And the call Clark made to the Kents..... Man. How much exactly did they miss out on his life? And they only just now learned something can hurt him smirk And him afraid they won't still love him if they knew the truth. So sad cry

Looking forward to more.

Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/20/21 07:59 AM
Now I know why I shouldn't read fanfic at work! To quote our favorite female reporter, "This story just keeps getting better and better!"

Thank you very much. Perhaps I should warn you that there will be a few more cliffhanger waiting for you.

@Blueowl: I'm glad that I managed to get Clark's fears across.

And now on to the next part

Part 10
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/20/21 03:28 PM
Thank you very much. Perhaps I should warn you that there will be a few more cliffhanger waiting for you.

No worries! I deliberately decided not to read anymore after Part 7 so I could binge! Going to read the latest posting this evening when the house is quiet.

Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/20/21 11:45 PM
Two excellent chapters, continuing the tension yet not making it overwhelming. I'm picturing Dan's smirk, dismissing Lois' concerns as not consistent with his knowledge about Clark. Lois caring about Clark is believable, despite his behavior in front of the goons and shooting her and Jimmy. Looking forward to more.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/24/21 12:17 PM
Thanks for the review, cuidadora. I'm glad you think that Lois being worried about Clark is believable despite everything that happened between the two of them. That was perhaps the aspect of this story I was agonizing about the most.

Hope you'll enjoy part 11.'
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/24/21 03:14 PM
Part 8

A massive explosion rocked the building and Clark intensified his grip on Lois and Olsen. He focused all his energy on his ability to fly and with a grunt he managed to lift the three of them off the ground as the shockwave hit them from behind. Speeding on, he managed to stay before the wave until they passed the door. He gave it a shove with his foot as he passed it. The door closed with a resounding thud just as Clark’s reserves ran out. They landed in a heap somewhere in the middle of the staircase that was leading to the street level.

Chuckle! What a cool way to use that scene from the pilot, when Clark took off with Jimmy and Lois just as the explosion which Dr. Baines had set went off!
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/24/21 04:33 PM
Uh oh. Lois has really done it now. She really is too curious for her own good. I really hope Clark tells her the truth now, though I imagine he won't be in the mood..... But now he's even weaker than before because of this exposure eek
I hope Lois can fix this.

Looking forward to more.
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/27/21 02:49 AM
Well, the Lane luck strikes again! She got lucky and found the one thing that can gravely harm, even kill, Clark Kent, and she's just exposed him to it. Now he'll have to improvise on his plan and figure out a way to shove Lois out of the target area. Doing both is going to be most difficult.

But I have faith in you. And have I mentioned how excellent this story is? Tight plot, good pace, danger, Clark undercover, Lois probing for the truth even when she's all but terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought, Bill Henderson doing his thing, Dan Scardino being irritating, and Luthor flashing his fangs. Y'all better watch out for the next chapter - it's gonna be a humdinger!

For you folks not from the South that's a good thing.

Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/27/21 12:55 PM
Thank you both very much for your feedback, Terry and Blueowl. It means a lot to me.

After Terry has set up such high expectations for the next part, I almost don't dare to post it. Talk about pressure.

Anyway, enjoy. Here's Part 12

Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/29/21 02:57 AM
Well, expectations have been met smile. I liked how Clark handled the situation. It made sense and was still so Clark. As for Lois, I can't wait to see how she reacts when she learns the truth. I really hope it pleasantly surprises Clark smirk
Looking forward to more.
Posted By: L Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/29/21 06:27 PM
This is a very intriguing take on the characters. I'm of course eager to read the next chapter!
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/29/21 08:09 PM
" "It's a big bag, we can share." BAKASI,BAKASI, BAKASI what have you done? So Lois and Clark.. Loving it.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 08/31/21 11:42 AM
Thank you all so much for your feedback. You're making my day.

Okay, guys. Three chapters and one epilogue to go.

Part 13 is up

Part 14 is up
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/03/21 01:51 AM
Wow, I feel spoiled ^_^
3 parts? clap

Definitely suspenseful with Luthor pulling the trigger and all, and then Lois' rescue... very very cool. And Scardino's interaction with Lois and Clark didn't make me want to slap him, so another very good scene laugh

I can't wait to see what happens next. I really hope Clark is pleasantly surprised by Lois' response (I think he will), and I also hope he gets closer with his parents and repairs/grows that relationship as well.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/03/21 03:01 AM
Yep, that's Lois. Selfless rescuer of seriously injured fake gangsters.

You captured Lois' amazement while watching Clark's injuries vanish very well. I noticed something that eluded me during beta - she only put on her T-shirt when Dan got close. If Clark had awakened earlier or Dan had come later, who knows what might have happened? I think it's an indicator of Lois' trust in this very strange but very dedicated man - she didn't feel that Clark would take advantage of her despite her scanty wardrobe (and what would essentially be see-through clothing when wet).

I liked it when Dan asked Clark about the explanation of his healing and Clark gently told him no. Ah, poor Dan. Doomed to live out his days with an itch he can't scratch - at least, not until Superman starts saving people right and left.

Still a great story. And now the tension is whether or not Lois will leave her window open and whether or not Clark will actually come to see her instead of disappearing again and how the heck did he get her address anyway?

I told y'all it was gonna be good. And the final chapter is just as interesting as the first. Just wait.

No pressure, Bakasi. Everyone already knows how well you write.

Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/04/21 08:09 AM
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I was so elated that I finally can login via my laptop again that I just couldn't keep you dangling with a series of cliffhangers.

I hope you'll like the last chapter. I think that should wrap up most dangling threads. To wrap up all of them I would have to use the Shakespearean solution: everybody dies.

We wouldn't want that, now would we? wink

Part 16 is up
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/05/21 01:12 AM
Glad he reconnected with his parents. I hope they can become as close as they were in canon. I can only imagine the hardship the Kents had endured all those years of not knowing if they'd see him again mecry
Also glad he had gathered his courage to see his parents again and to go see Lois again grin
I wonder if Superman will ever exist in this universe....

Anyway, thanks for sharing this very different version of our favorite duo.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/06/21 12:57 PM
But the tears were already flowing freely. His throat felt so tight that he wasn’t sure he could say another word. All of a sudden he wanted nothing more than to hang up. He didn’t know how he’d survive if his parents didn’t love and accept him the way he was.

“We could never hate you, son,” his mother said quietly.

He really wanted to say something, but his emotions were a raging beast and his voice hardly worked.

“Bye Mom,” was all he managed to say. Then he hung up.

Clark's conversation with his parents is heartbreaking, but true. It is probably one of the many reasons why he was always so hesitate to reveal who he was to Lois, the fear of her anger was great. Still the terror of her utter rejection of him was far greater. Excellent chapter.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/07/21 08:20 PM
Thank you for your feedback, Blueowl. Thank you for reading all the way through, though this was probably the darkest story I've ever written. I hope you liked it anyway.

Glad to see you're still reading, Morgana. Thank you very much for your feedback. It's always appreciated.

Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/07/21 09:06 PM
Hi Bakasi, I waited until all the chapters were posted to read this story. I thought it was excellent though it’s dark. I still feel sad for what Clark and his parents went through with Clark being taken from his parents at a young age. I’m very happy Clark now has Lois in his life. He deserves happiness. I guess in this world there won’t be a Superman since there are still many who want him dead. Thanks for sharing your wonderful story!

Best,
Leslie
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/08/21 09:01 PM
Part 12

A jumble of very different emotions washed over him, ranging from panic over despair to white-hot rage. And he didn’t even try to keep that last one from affecting his voice. “I had secured that box for a reason! Does the word privacy mean anything to you?”

“I’m sorry, Clark,” she whispered.

I have to agree with Clark here. Lois has never really been good at respecting boundaries. She always wants people to respect her privacy, but not so much the other way around.

Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/09/21 06:12 PM
Part 12

“Good night, Clark,” he heard her whisper from behind.

“G’night, Lois,” he mumbled.

Then he was fast asleep.

Awww! Reminds me of Honeymoon in Metropolis. sloppy
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 09/13/21 04:49 PM
Finally some light in all this darkness, huh? Your whale is getting tired, Morgana. laugh Thanks gor for the feedback dance

I haven't replied to your feedback as well, shame on me. Thank you very much for reading. I'm glad you liked the story despite it's darkness. As for Superman appearing, I'm not sure about that. I guess Clark would need a lot of encouragement to reveal himself to the world. I guess it would need a catastrophe rivaling Nightfall to persuade him.

I have to think about that one.
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 02/03/22 10:05 PM
HOLY COW!! This was so amazingly good! SO, SO GOOD! So well-written and tightly plotted with the perfect speed of b-plot, and the characterization was BRILLIANT. I’m really in awe! hail thud

Sara <3
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 02/04/22 02:32 PM
Wow, thank you, Sara. That means a lot to me. I'm glad you liked the story, despite its being rather dark.

Stay turned for the sequel. Poor Clark needs some cheering up.

goofy
Posted By: Penny_Lane Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 03/08/22 11:42 PM
Bakasi, I really like this well written tale! Very creative and unique backstory for Clark Kent. Excellent characterization of each actor provides essential support to advance the captivating plotline.

Fantastic job of delivering on your PG-13 rating for “angst, violence and language”. But, somehow doing so without subjecting the reader to horrible portrayals which generally lead me to change the channel! You completely captured the intensity of a terrifying situation (even for Lois, our beloved intrepid reporter!) to the point that I was holding my breath—particularly during the hyperventilation scene. And I too, shuddered along with Lois, at the lewd actions of Ray and the smell of his sweat.

From beginning to end the story was packed with intrigue and edge of the seat excitement, together with just enough introspection and hints about a potential developing friendship. The darkness was well balanced with sufficient light and promise to compel the reader to see this journey through to a victorious end.

I would really like to spend more time in this universe because I do like this Lois and Clark. It was nice to see Lois more assertive in pursuit of a closer relationship with Clark for a change. So, I hope you are serious about a sequel!

Thank you for sharing your outstanding storytelling with us!
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 03/09/22 01:55 PM
Thank you so much for your feedback, Penny Lane. I'm really looking forward to writing that sequel. I've written some pages and as soon as I've finished my current WIP, I'm going to continue with the sequel.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 03/10/22 12:50 AM
A sequel? Yay!
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 06/16/22 11:00 AM
I finally found the time to go through this story. I love the premise, that's very intriguing, and I believe it's definitely something that hasn't been done yet which, after all that years, is quite rare. This Clark is a bit different from what we are used to but I think under the circumstances, that's a good thing and plausible. The iea that Clark, with enough training, can consciously decide which of his powers will return first/where to focus his sun energy is neat. I hope that this "friendship" with Lois (that no doubt will turn into something more sooner or later, won't it) can help Clark to overcome his self-doubts and accept himself as a person. I'm sure that these two will hopefully find a way to deal with Trask and co. for good so Clark can be free and may become a public Superman one day...assuming that is still something Clark would want to do after his terrible experiences. Maybe it isn't, and given his POV, I wouldn't blame him either.

Great story. I binge-read through it in two days and enjoyed it. Too bad that I hadn't the time to read it pre-Kerth or it would have got a vote from me.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Live Another Day - 06/16/22 12:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Blindpassenger. I'm glad you liked this fic. If you want to find out how the relationship between this Lois and Clark develops and whether this Clark might become Superman one day, check out the sequel: License to Love.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards