Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Wow! Am I ever glad this story is completed and did not languish in your hard drive! dance

Yeah, sorry about the long delay on the story I sent you to beta. But I think I know what's going to happen in the last part. I'm going to work on it as soon as RL gives me a chance to do so.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
R
Ray Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Bakasi,
Thanks so very much for writing this story. I saw above that you had to fight the urge to make this an epic story but I wish you'd gone that way. I absolutely love long, well-written stories like this one has the potential to be. I waited until the whole story was posted, as I usually do, and I finally got around to reading it. I feel you hit the relationship between Clark and Lois spot on. I especially liked the insight Lois reading Clark's journal gave. Having Lois read Clark's thoughts and integrating them with her experiences gave her both sides of the story. It completed the missing pieces that allowed Lois to understand where Clark was coming from. The part about New Krypton was especially enlightening. It showed how Clark was affected by the war and by the squabbling after Nor had been defeated. That was unlike anything anyone has written about NK and it was refreshing, and I consider, accurate a portrayal of the New Kryptonians. I never thought they were as ready to follow Zara and Ching so your take supported my impression. Although most people were probably stunned when Clark told Lois there was nothing more for them now I was not surprised. Your journal entries showed how hurt Clark was, both with her breaking up with Superman, flirting with Scardino and then not falling in love with Clark, he had to be sure that, especially after three years, his feelings for Lois were over. The scene where Lois kissed Clark on the cheek before walking out of the suite was poignant and it made me feel for the characters. Then when Clark comes into the Planet the next day and they reconcile had me cheering. I think Martha was right and his reaction to Lois seemed to bear this out because all of a sudden his heat vision is back and he can shave and cut his hair. I'm glad they got together at the end and, if your muse allows, I know I'd love to see more of how their relationship develops. I wonder how Lois would be as a mother to little Sara, could be interesting.
Ray

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you for the kind feedback, Ray. I think I didn't make myself very clear. This could have been an epic, alright. But I don't think that I could have written it as an epic - or if I had, I doubt that you would still have considered it well written.

The story that I wrote was the story that I actually wanted to tell. Of course, there are many aspects of the story that could have been told in more detail. And there were scenes that I wanted to write. I had a (probably nfic) version of their first intimate encounter. I wanted to write the break-up between Lois and Superman. Initially, I had written the scene in the bookshop from Clark's point of view. When I thought of this premise, I wanted to tell the whole story from Clark's POV. But that just didn't work out. Clark was very difficult to tackle. He was so angry and self-righteous and stubbornly insisting that Lois had to love him rather than Superman. He couldn't forgive and he wouldn't believe Lois. It was much easier to tell the story from Lois' POV and add Clark's POV indirectly through the book he wrote and his journal.

I'd like to visit this universe in the future, if I find something worth telling. I already thought about exploring how Lois and Clark might explore the intimate aspects of a relationship. That would likely lead me toward the nfic folder - if anyone might be interested in this kind of story.
But for the time being, my muse is busy with one story I'm currently writing and another idea that keeps nagging my muse. If only I had the time to write... dizzy

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Just read the entire thing and it was a lovely little tale, a bit different than a lot of the LC fics. I enjoyed the take on the characters and the what if. And, of course, I enjoyed the happy ending.

/Cosmic

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard