#288286 02/06/21 10:31 PM
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Hello all!

I spotted a few other 'hello' posts in this section of the forum so I'm hoping I'm in the right spot!

I joined a forum 15 or so years ago for a different show and fell madly in love with the fandom. Ended up traveling to conventions, making some great friends, and of course, writing fanfic (after reading so, so much!). It's been quite some time since I posted, or wrote anything.

Then in April 2020 my husband and I were laid off during the initial lockdowns and I happened to have stumbled across Lois and Clark. I remember watching most of the episodes when they first aired (I moved to Canada in the second season, I don't remember the first season airing in the UK) and thought I'd watch them all again for a good bit of nostalgia. Well... I fell in love with the show again (though being older I think I can appreciate it more now!). I managed to watch all four seasons and read a nice chunk of fan fiction before we were recalled hastily back to work (that whole toilet paper mania thing...).

Over the last few months I've managed to write a few fics, and finally found enough courage to post two. I've managed to read a ton and recognize many of the names on this forum from those fics.

I'm learning how to navigate this site as it's a bit different from some of the others I used years ago. For reading fanfic, would you recommend using the TOC threads or the Lois and Clark fanfic threads?

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Toomi8,

Welcome! I hope you come to enjoy this fandom as much as your other one, and that you decide to write some L&C fanfic. (Out of curiosity, what is your other fandom?)

If you wish to read completed fanfic, I would suggest you go to the fan fiction archive site and read stories that have been nominated for or have won Kerth awards. These are the stories which the FoLCs here have voted as best in category or best overall each year.

What are your preferences for reading? Do you have a preferred story length? Do you prefer comedy or tragedy? Action or romance? If you post your preferences, someone here might be able to recommend stories.

Each TOC post consists of links to all of the parts of a story and to the corresponding feedback threads. Having such a table of contents makes it easier to find all of the relevant posts.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Welcome to the boards. There are many great stories here. Have fun!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Hey Tommi8,
welcome to the boards.
As Lynn already said, the Archive is the best place to find completed stories, I's say around 90% of the completet L&C fics find their way to it. Adittionally, you might want a look onto www.lcficdirectory.com.
Here you'll find an index page for the boards, where you can see wheter a Story is completedor not, and here you will also find the stories from the boards who are not listed on the Archive.
If you want some personal recs, just post your Story preferences here and I'm sure wome People will give you some great Storys. Generally, the Quality Standards of this fandom are very ihgh compared to others, so you should find something for you.
Oh, and what fanfics have you written and where one can find them?

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Toomi8
For reading fanfic, would you recommend using the TOC threads or the Lois and Clark fanfic threads?

Hey Toomi8!

Welcome back! To answer your question, the TOC threads would be where you want to read the fics as you'll find all parts listed together. You can check the Fanfic section for one offs that haven't had a TOC created yet but Mike M and many of the seasoned authors are good at setting those up for all the fics. Looking forward to seeing what your muse has in store for us. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
. (Out of curiosity, what is your other fandom?)

If you wish to read completed fanfic, I would suggest you go to the fan fiction archive site and read stories that have been nominated for or have won Kerth awards. These are the stories which the FoLCs here have voted as best in category or best overall each year.

What are your preferences for reading? Do you have a preferred story length? Do you prefer comedy or tragedy? Action or romance? If you post your preferences, someone here might be able to recommend stories.

Stargate (SG-1 and Atlantis... never got into Universe) and Farscape.... I have written an X Files fanfic but other than re-watching the episodes, was never really involved in Phile fandom.

Awesome, I've been reading stories on lcfanfic.com. There's so many on there!

As for preferences... I really like the medium and long ones. No deathfics. I like action, romance, angst. I will gleefully read just about anything. One fic I read ages ago, and can't remember the title or author, was about Alt-Clark dosing himself with red Kryptonite to help him forget. As someone who has been in the addiction cycle in the past it was hauntingly written, not in a trigger way, but respectful and understanding way. The story has stuck with me for a while.

Originally Posted by bakasi
Welcome to the boards. There are many great stories here. Have fun!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Hey Tommi8,
welcome to the boards.
As Lynn already said, the Archive is the best place to find completed stories, I's say around 90% of the completet L&C fics find their way to it. Adittionally, you might want a look onto www.lcficdirectory.com.
Here you'll find an index page for the boards, where you can see wheter a Story is completedor not, and here you will also find the stories from the boards who are not listed on the Archive.
If you want some personal recs, just post your Story preferences here and I'm sure wome People will give you some great Storys. Generally, the Quality Standards of this fandom are very ihgh compared to others, so you should find something for you.
Oh, and what fanfics have you written and where one can find them?

Thanks for the info!

fanfiction.net is where I've got my work posted. The oldest works on there are from 2008 and I haven't been able to face re-reading them. They could be awful (not a plug for reassurance! I'm pretty sure the grammar is not where it should be)! I am open to critical feedback, especially on grammar and sentence structure.

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Hey Toomi8!

Welcome back! To answer your question, the TOC threads would be where you want to read the fics as you'll find all parts listed together. You can check the Fanfic section for one offs that haven't had a TOC created yet but Mike M and many of the seasoned authors are good at setting those up for all the fics. Looking forward to seeing what your muse has in store for us. smile

Thanks! I need my muse to settle down as I've got 3 fics on the go! I will admit I'm a little nervous about posting anything here as the quality of writing is quite high!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome aboard! Looking forward to reading your fics!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Hey Tommi8,
The Story you are looking for is Yvonne Connel's "Addicted". There's also a Sequel called "Damaged". Both can be found on the Archive.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to the boards! We may be a small little part of the fandom, but you won't meet a better bunch of people - or find a more talented group of L&C writers. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I enjoyed the first season of Farscape myself, and am planning to buy the remaining seasons once it goes on sale.

The description of the story you read actually sounds like it could be one of my own: After the Fall
Updated: Oops, I take that back. My story was an alternate take on the Nor episode, but it involved “our” Clark, not alt-Clark.

If you have not yet already done so, I would recommend reading anything by Female Hawk. Her writing is far better than many professionally published books I have read.

Please don’t hesitate to post your stories. We Re always eager to have new authors here, and people here are extremely gentle with their feedback. If you wish, you can always request beta readers to help you polish you stories before you post them here.

Joy,
Lynn

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Morgana
Welcome aboard! Looking forward to reading your fics!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I enjoyed the first season of Farscape myself, and am planning to buy the remaining seasons once it goes on sale.

The description of the story you read actually sounds like it could be one of my own: After the Fall
Updated: Oops, I take that back. My story was an alternate take on the Nor episode, but it involved “our” Clark, not alt-Clark.

If you have not yet already done so, I would recommend reading anything by Female Hawk. Her writing is far better than many professionally published books I have read.

Please don’t hesitate to post your stories. We Re always eager to have new authors here, and people here are extremely gentle with their feedback. If you wish, you can always request beta readers to help you polish you stories before you post them here.

Joy,
Lynn

I will defiantly check out your fic and thanks for the recommendation for Female Hawk.

Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Hey Tommi8,
The Story you are looking for is Yvonne Connel's "Addicted". There's also a Sequel called "Damaged". Both can be found on the Archive.

Eeeeeeee! There's a sequel!

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Welcome to the boards! We may be a small little part of the fandom, but you won't meet a better bunch of people - or find a more talented group of L&C writers. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Thanks!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Post chapters here and you'll get actual feedback for improvement not the mostly useless comments on fanfic.net.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard