#130667 05/28/06 05:30 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Cover Story Challenge
=======================

There is something that comes over the radio that can't wait, Earthquake, or something,

Clark is in circumstances with a secondary character. Cat, Dan, Mayson, etc, where he MUST go now and there is no hope of an excuse.

He spins into Superman, tells the character to "Cover for me" and flys off.

He may say slightly more, for example he might tell Cat "Be very careful around Lois, she'd too close to Luthor and so on and so forth.."

===================================

The character's reaction and the story they invent.

Framework4
#130668 05/28/06 11:24 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Mayson Drake beginning (around the time of "The Eyes Have It")
======================

"You're a good skier Clark" said Mayson as they settled into the lift chairs for the ride back up.

"So are you Mayson, thanks for inviting me, this has been fun"

"I'm glad you came Clark. I''d intended to invite you for a private weekend but decided I'd be rushing things beyond a point where either of us would have been comfortable."

"Mayson, I'm glad you invited Henderson and his wife and the others. Plus the seperate bedrooms helped."

Mayson laughed, "Oh I think I'll .."

Whatever she'd been about to say was interupted by a loud booming sound that seemed to go on and on.

Looking eastward both could see the mountain slide down covering skiers.

"Avalanche" both said it at the same time.

Clark looked around, it would be several minutes till the lift reached the top.

"Mayson, if those people aren't reached quickly they'll die of suffocation or hypothermia"

"I know, I don't suppose you have Superman on speed dial? By the time the sound of those shouts reaches Metropolis most of these people will be dead."

"Mayson, I'll need you to cover for me with Bill and the others" Clark said as he unhooked his safety belt.

"What are" Mayson stopped in mid sentance as Clark shifted out of the liftseat hanging in mid air.

"Cover for me" he repeated as he spun in to the suit and took off towards the disaster.

Mayson and the lift continued upward.

Framework4
#130669 06/09/06 12:47 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice, plus it brings up all sorts of questions like how does Clark and Mayson's relationship develop from there and how would Lois react to the whole situation.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
#130670 06/09/06 12:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh yeah. Not to mention how ticked off Lois would be (if and when she found out his secret) that Mayson had found out the secret first. Oooh, this could be a really good fanfic. Write it, Framework4, please! grovel

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#130671 06/09/06 12:20 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Yes, I do think this should be continued, Framework4.

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#130672 07/16/06 03:25 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh, great challenge. I might just try the Scardino angle later, but not right now.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#130673 07/29/06 01:18 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The Setup

Here's my response to this challenge. Enjoy!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#130674 07/29/06 05:04 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
DSDragon's response is truely delightful. thumbsup

Framework4
#130675 07/29/06 05:06 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
The old saying is "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", well I think NOTHING could compare to the fury of a Lois Lane left out of the Loop.

wildguy Lois

peep Clark

==================

Framework4
#130676 07/29/06 05:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, Framework, please continue your Mayson angle. I've always wondered what would have happened had Mayson found out - especially since she loved Clark and hated Superman.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#130677 07/30/06 03:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm still waiting Framework4... for you to continue the Mayson angle. Please? I'm one of the few people, probably, who actually liked Mayson. Not that I wanted to see her end up with Clark, I was always rooting for Lois. I actually wrote a revelation to Mayson in a story I wrote a while back.

So I look forward to your continuation of this story.

-- MR

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#130678 07/30/06 09:59 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
peep

After posting the start of Aftermath and thinking that with an outline it would be easy to finish and than not getting it done I'll wait till I finish writing the mayson story before posting it any of it.

I also need to get some permissions to borrow ideas from a couple of stories.

The pager/beeper from
Gone in a Flash: An Alternate Adventure of Lois and Clark By Betsy
And from another story a line about trusting Superman because he is Clark.

Framework4
#130679 08/23/06 06:29 AM
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
That was a great bit there. I would love to see a story come of it.

Rhea

#130680 09/11/06 03:53 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Framework, please write this story. Great angle!!

smile1 AnnieJ

#130681 12/10/13 09:03 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Originally posted by Ambar:
Very nice, plus it brings up all sorts of questions like how does Clark and Mayson's relationship develop from there and how would Lois react to the whole situation.
I never got anywhere, I did work up an outline but never used it and no longer have it.

I did think about this point and figured if I was bumping it up I might as well add it.

I picture Mayson Drake as the daughter of Paul Drake and Della Street Drake. Named for Della's boss and unrequited love Perry Mason. Perry insisted they spell it Mayson which sounds the same but created a feminine diminutive of "May".

Mayson never used it but the thought was there. Somewhere there is fanfic wherein Mayson finds out and tells Clark that she now trusts Superman because he is Clark.

In my view Mayson saw the triangle of Perry Mason, Della Street and Paul Drake when she looked at the Superman, Lois Lane and Clark Kent triangle.

Something occurred that caused Della to give up waiting for Perry and turn to Paul. Perhaps it was a woman becoming interested in Paul that woke up Della. Assume it was.

Mayson likes Clark but can see he is crazy about Lois. She figures if she makes a play for him, either Clark will see her and become interested, or Lois will wake up and turn to Clark. She sees either outcome as a win for Clark.

Finding out Clark is Superman means she has no hope Clark will get tired of waiting for Lois and turn to Mayson. After all if he does get tired of waiting he will simply out himself to Lois and after she gets over being mad he will have Lois.

I pictured Mayson calling in the story of the avalanche and the Superman rescues to Lois at the Daily Planet.

"Lois?, Hi Clark asked me to call in the story to you as he is too busy helping the victims."

I pictured the rest of the tale being Mayson helping Superman deal with all the legal issues that bothered her and trying to get Lois to see Clark and see admit to herself that she is attracted to Clark.

I pictured Lois's dismay at seeing Mayson become a friend of Superman.

I picture Mayson arriving at the precinct in T.O.G.O.M.

"Lois, he's alright, Superman took him the Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center "

And giving Clark hell for letting Lois believe him dead one single second longer than he had to.

So, any takers?

Framework4
#130682 12/11/13 05:22 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Read this for the first time today. Now I realize there is something worse for Clark than Lois's fury--Lois furious with Clark AND Mayson harassing Clark about Superman. Personal like messed up, check. Superhero side, check.

I guess the only thing to add would be a lawsuit against the Planet if Clark let slipped something into an article that he should have only known as Superman.

Shallowford
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Framework4
Bump

Originally posted by Ambar:
I never got anywhere, I did work up an outline but never used it and no longer have it.

I did think about this point and figured if I was bumping it up I might as well add it.

I picture Mayson Drake as the daughter of Paul Drake and Della Street Drake. Named for Della's boss and unrequited love Perry Mason. Perry insisted they spell it Mayson which sounds the same but created a feminine diminutive of "May".

Mayson never used it but the thought was there. Somewhere there is fanfic wherein Mayson finds out and tells Clark that she now trusts Superman because he is Clark.

In my view Mayson saw the triangle of Perry Mason, Della Street and Paul Drake when she looked at the Superman, Lois Lane and Clark Kent triangle.

Something occurred that caused Della to give up waiting for Perry and turn to Paul. Perhaps it was a woman becoming interested in Paul that woke up Della. Assume it was.

Mayson likes Clark but can see he is crazy about Lois. She figures if she makes a play for him, either Clark will see her and become interested, or Lois will wake up and turn to Clark. She sees either outcome as a win for Clark.

Finding out Clark is Superman means she has no hope Clark will get tired of waiting for Lois and turn to Mayson. After all if he does get tired of waiting he will simply out himself to Lois and after she gets over being mad he will have Lois.

I pictured Mayson calling in the story of the avalanche and the Superman rescues to Lois at the Daily Planet.

"Lois?, Hi Clark asked me to call in the story to you as he is too busy helping the victims."

I pictured the rest of the tale being Mayson helping Superman deal with all the legal issues that bothered her and trying to get Lois to see Clark and see admit to herself that she is attracted to Clark.

I pictured Lois's dismay at seeing Mayson become a friend of Superman.

I picture Mayson arriving at the precinct in T.O.G.O.M.

"Lois, he's alright, Superman took him the Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center "

And giving Clark hell for letting Lois believe him dead one single second longer than he had to.

So, any takers?

Interesting take on this. I agree that Mayson could definitely be used this way in a story. I don't think it would quickly shift to friends though. I could see Mayson still making a play for Clark (while trying to "fix" the legal issues inherent with Superman). Eventually I would definitely think (after failing with Clark) that she would throw a "wrench" (that's not actually a wrench) in Clark and Lois's partnership with outing him as Superman (possibly about the time that she realizes an interest in Scardino, perhaps?)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard