Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
The hardest part of this chapter to write was the confrontation between Lois and her father. I remember too many confrontational incidents which I witnessed between adult children and their parents not to feel a twinge or two at that section. Perversely, though, I enjoyed writing the interaction between Cat and Lucy. Seems they know each other pretty well, too, if Cat has Lucy's number memorized.

And Lois' leg injury will figure in some of the later plot action. You'll know it when you read it.

Tense much?

peep

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“The orthopedist can kiss my sweet little behind! I know my own body! Now unhook me and give me my clothes or I’m unplugging myself! And if you try to hold my clothes hostage I’ll walk out the front door naked!”

The day nurse suppressed a laugh and said, “That won’t be necessary, Ms. Lane. You do need to wear a knee brace for a few days, though. I’ll go get one and bring it as soon as I can.”

Whew! My hat is off to that wonderful nurse! She deserves combat pay! Hospitals bring out the worse in many of us.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was intrigued by Lex's indication that there is a non-self-interested interpretation of Pascal's Wager, so you got me to read more about it. Go you.

I thought you captured Lois's emotional turmoil we'll in this chapter. There certainly was a lot of it.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard