Lois & Clark Forums
The hardest part of this chapter to write was the confrontation between Lois and her father. I remember too many confrontational incidents which I witnessed between adult children and their parents not to feel a twinge or two at that section. Perversely, though, I enjoyed writing the interaction between Cat and Lucy. Seems they know each other pretty well, too, if Cat has Lucy's number memorized.

And Lois' leg injury will figure in some of the later plot action. You'll know it when you read it.

Tense much?

peep
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Veterans of Foreign Wars 15/25 - 06/29/20 07:02 PM
“The orthopedist can kiss my sweet little behind! I know my own body! Now unhook me and give me my clothes or I’m unplugging myself! And if you try to hold my clothes hostage I’ll walk out the front door naked!”

The day nurse suppressed a laugh and said, “That won’t be necessary, Ms. Lane. You do need to wear a knee brace for a few days, though. I’ll go get one and bring it as soon as I can.”

Whew! My hat is off to that wonderful nurse! She deserves combat pay! Hospitals bring out the worse in many of us.
Posted By: AmyPrime Re: FDK: Veterans of Foreign Wars 15/25 - 07/16/20 09:26 AM
I was intrigued by Lex's indication that there is a non-self-interested interpretation of Pascal's Wager, so you got me to read more about it. Go you.

I thought you captured Lois's emotional turmoil we'll in this chapter. There certainly was a lot of it.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards