Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#286676 03/21/20 10:51 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Fic

Amidst the uncertainty that looms over the world Clark's finds solace in the completeness that being with family brings.

All comments are welcome! Enjoy!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww! I suspect many of us are having similar moments with our own kids right now. But I can't imagine how helpless Clark (and any other heroes) must feel. Thanks for sharing!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Awwwwww adfdhfhb,jhnjlk

All the feels with this one! Works so well. I'm glad to see someone including this crisis in a story. I was just telling my friend that all the tv shows I've been watching are a little like watching historical fiction now... People going to work, hugging, going out to bars and restaurants... Even commercials haven't caught up with it yet. Talking about it helps, being straightforward.

Ridiculous levels of cuteness and waff helps immensely.

Thanks for this Val! And everyone, take a cue from Clark. Stay safe, stay sane, stay home.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice vignette, folc4. I agree with Mouserocks - all the feels. Every one of them. Reminds of of the times (longer ago than I care to admit to myself) when my wife and I once did those very same things.

Referring to Mouse's final admonition: I'm used to working from home and not going out much if at all. But my wife took a week of vacation last week - during spring break here - and nearly everything was shut tight. And she starts working from home tomorrow (Monday). She told someone on the phone a little while ago that she's getting a little stir-crazy. I plan to see if there's anything I can do to alleviate that feeling.

Y'all stay healthy, too.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It was good to include current events in this story. I am getting a little stir-crazy myself. Only going out to walk the dog and do supermarket runs for an elderly friend. But better safe than sorry.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That was a very cute story, and I too like that you made a story based on our current situation. I will say that the idea that Superman could become infected does surprise me a bit.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Folc4evernaday, thank you for this beautiful and positive story.

Mouserocks, you wrote:
I was just telling my friend that all the tv shows I've been watching are a little like watching historical fiction now... People going to work, hugging, going out to bars and restaurants... Even commercials haven't caught up with it yet.

I know what you mean. This first struck me when I was watching a show in which there was a birthday party. My gut reaction was that having a party was reckless and their proximity dangerous. We are becoming an entire world of Mr. Monks.

TaliaJoy, I don't think the concern was Superman becoming infected so much as him being an unwitting carrier (e.g., by getting the virus on his suit while he is rescuing person A and then transferring it to person B when he rescues them).

Stay well,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Aww! I suspect many of us are having similar moments with our own kids right now. But I can't imagine how helpless Clark (and any other heroes) must feel. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Vicki wave

Thanks for reading and commenting. Yeah, I kept going back and forth on this one. Should I include a nod to the pandemic or just leave it a waffy family fic. I'm glad including the current world issues was well received. I know the anguish all of us feel right now is overwhelming. I'm sure Clark's inability to fight the invisible enemy would be torturous. Glad you enjoyed it!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard