Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: folc4evernaday FDK: Remedy - 03/22/20 02:51 AM
Fic

Amidst the uncertainty that looms over the world Clark's finds solace in the completeness that being with family brings.

All comments are welcome! Enjoy!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Remedy - 03/22/20 06:45 PM
Aww! I suspect many of us are having similar moments with our own kids right now. But I can't imagine how helpless Clark (and any other heroes) must feel. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: Remedy - 03/22/20 08:53 PM
Awwwwww adfdhfhb,jhnjlk

All the feels with this one! Works so well. I'm glad to see someone including this crisis in a story. I was just telling my friend that all the tv shows I've been watching are a little like watching historical fiction now... People going to work, hugging, going out to bars and restaurants... Even commercials haven't caught up with it yet. Talking about it helps, being straightforward.

Ridiculous levels of cuteness and waff helps immensely.

Thanks for this Val! And everyone, take a cue from Clark. Stay safe, stay sane, stay home.
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Remedy - 03/22/20 11:00 PM
Very nice vignette, folc4. I agree with Mouserocks - all the feels. Every one of them. Reminds of of the times (longer ago than I care to admit to myself) when my wife and I once did those very same things.

Referring to Mouse's final admonition: I'm used to working from home and not going out much if at all. But my wife took a week of vacation last week - during spring break here - and nearly everything was shut tight. And she starts working from home tomorrow (Monday). She told someone on the phone a little while ago that she's getting a little stir-crazy. I plan to see if there's anything I can do to alleviate that feeling.

Y'all stay healthy, too.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Remedy - 03/23/20 12:02 AM
It was good to include current events in this story. I am getting a little stir-crazy myself. Only going out to walk the dog and do supermarket runs for an elderly friend. But better safe than sorry.
Posted By: TaliaJoy Re: FDK: Remedy - 03/23/20 01:59 AM
That was a very cute story, and I too like that you made a story based on our current situation. I will say that the idea that Superman could become infected does surprise me a bit.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Remedy - 03/23/20 11:46 AM
Folc4evernaday, thank you for this beautiful and positive story.

Mouserocks, you wrote:
I was just telling my friend that all the tv shows I've been watching are a little like watching historical fiction now... People going to work, hugging, going out to bars and restaurants... Even commercials haven't caught up with it yet.

I know what you mean. This first struck me when I was watching a show in which there was a birthday party. My gut reaction was that having a party was reckless and their proximity dangerous. We are becoming an entire world of Mr. Monks.

TaliaJoy, I don't think the concern was Superman becoming infected so much as him being an unwitting carrier (e.g., by getting the virus on his suit while he is rescuing person A and then transferring it to person B when he rescues them).

Stay well,
Lynn
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Remedy - 04/04/20 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Aww! I suspect many of us are having similar moments with our own kids right now. But I can't imagine how helpless Clark (and any other heroes) must feel. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Vicki wave

Thanks for reading and commenting. Yeah, I kept going back and forth on this one. Should I include a nod to the pandemic or just leave it a waffy family fic. I'm glad including the current world issues was well received. I know the anguish all of us feel right now is overwhelming. I'm sure Clark's inability to fight the invisible enemy would be torturous. Glad you enjoyed it!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards