Print Thread
#284699 06/09/19 03:55 AM
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Story

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! [Linked Image]

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Yay E! I love this story... it’s just so freakin adorable. All the happy WAFF! Great job. (And I’m always happy to beta for you smile )

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 06/09/19 07:59 AM.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Kerth
Kerth
lol and sloppy All in one!

This was so stinking cute! Clark caring for these ducklings and then Lois getting panicked when she went and they weren't there anymore.. gah there was too much sweetness to comment on it all! But I will say the rational connection she made about Clark flying through the sky was perfectly done clap brava!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap Beautiful! I love it! This was sweet and hysterical, and absolutely perfect fluff! Bravissimo! clap

~•~
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Yay E! I love this story... it’s just so freakin adorable. All the happy WAFF! Great job. (And I’m always happy to beta for you smile )

Thanks Feli, I had a lot of fun playing with it!

Originally Posted by Mouserocks
lol and sloppy All in one!

This was so stinking cute! Clark caring for these ducklings and then Lois getting panicked when she went and they weren't there anymore.. gah there was too much sweetness to comment on it all! But I will say the rational connection she made about Clark flying through the sky was perfectly done clap brava!

awww, thank you! And thanks again, I was really proud of that logical progression grin

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
clap Beautiful! I love it! This was sweet and hysterical, and absolutely perfect fluff! Bravissimo! clap

[Linked Image] thank you so much, that's exactly what I was aiming for!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol

Originally Posted by Endelda
Clark looked down, and a smile slowly snuck its way onto his lips. He looked back up at her tentatively. “Don’t you mean our ducks?”

She took a few moments to wipe her eyes and catch her breath before answering. “Yeah, I guess they are our ducks, aren’t they?” She looked at him thoughtfully. “So… now what?”

He held out a careful hand. “Would you like to come flying with me and the kids?”

This line here made me giggle more than I ought to but I absolutely loved it!

He broke eye contact and cleared his throat, staring at the pocket like he could see the babies through the fabric. “Huey, Dewey, Louie, Daffy, Daisy, and… um… *mumble*.”

Lois giggled. “And what?!

Clark darted a glance at her. “Howard.”

Her jaw dropped and she slapped him on the arm, pulling the punch at the last second when she remembered not to jostle the ducklings. “You named a sweet little innocent baby Howard the Duck?

This bantering right here is what happiness is made of! I have been told so many times "You have to see this move."

frown No, I don't.

He gave an embarrassed laugh. “Hey, I was a sophomore in college when that came out! All my friends thought it was hilarious!”

Lois nudged him again. “It was disgusting!”

Clark grinned at her. “Well yeah, I know that now. It still seemed like a funny name for this little guy.” He patted one of the lumps.

She shook her head. “No. No way, you should change his name to Donald before he’s old enough to know better.”

He gave an exaggerated sigh and rolled his eyes, pretending to be heavily put-upon. “Fiiiiine. If it bothers you so much, I’ll change it to Donald.”

Thank you for this moment right here. I love that he caved so easily to the name change and that Lois made him refuse that awful movie connection. smile Great job!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Val, I'm glad you enjoyed it! grin

Features Writer
Features Writer
Delightful story! And what a unique reveal. rotflol

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks cuidadora, glad you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun writing it grin

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was very original and fun!

Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Amy, I'm glad you liked it!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was adorable, E! I'd pick out favorite lines, but that would basically be me quoting the whole thing. I loooove the image of a sheepish, newly outed Clark surrounded by ducks btw. Great story! More little gems, please!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Amazing. Absolutely loved it. Such an adorable, cute and heartfelt story!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How, How did I miss this sweet and very different story? Talk about original reveal! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you ladies, I'm glad you enjoyed it! blush grin

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard