Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
D
Plese Leave feedback for my first story: Gone Too Soon

I hope you enjoy it

Thanks
Daytonagirl

Last edited by Daytonagirl; 01/18/20 09:42 PM.

Not all those who wander are lost.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
First off, welcome to the boards and congrats on posting your first story!

What a doozy of a story it is too - in a heartbreaking, but good, way. You handled a sensitive issue well. Poor Lois and Clark. I can't imagine the kind of grief it is to lose a child. It makes me want to go and hug my (currently sound asleep) daughters right now. I love that you gave Lois and Clark a second chance to be parents. I'll admit, you had me fooled at first. I really thought you were going to go down the road of "Kryptonian and Human DNA is completely non-viable." I'm glad you didn't. As horrible as the circumstances surrounding their loss was, it was comforting (for serious lack of better wording) to see it as something Lois and Clark could work to change - to help get the law changed to hopefully prevent, or at least punish, these kinds of crimes in the future.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

D
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
D
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
First off, welcome to the boards and congrats on posting your first story!

What a doozy of a story it is too - in a heartbreaking, but good, way. You handled a sensitive issue well. Poor Lois and Clark. I can't imagine the kind of grief it is to lose a child. It makes me want to go and hug my (currently sound asleep) daughters right now. I love that you gave Lois and Clark a second chance to be parents. I'll admit, you had me fooled at first. I really thought you were going to go down the road of "Kryptonian and Human DNA is completely non-viable." I'm glad you didn't. As horrible as the circumstances surrounding their loss was, it was comforting (for serious lack of better wording) to see it as something Lois and Clark could work to change - to help get the law changed to hopefully prevent, or at least punish, these kinds of crimes in the future.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you for the kind words.

I actually did think about the whole Kryptonian/Human incompatibility road, but I wanted it to be something besides infertility being the cause of their loss.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Welcome to the boards! Congratulations on posting your first story. wave

Wow, what a challenging story right off the bat! You handled a difficult subject with sensitivity, and found a great way to make Lara's short life meaningful. I can just picture Lois and Clark investigating and lobbying to change the law. Writing editorials in addition to news stories highlighting the deficiency in the law and giving voice to the unborn victims.

I'm also glad you didn't have the human-Kryptonian incompatiblility issue. Clark's memories of the incident had me hooked, wondering if there were one or two deaths.

Hope to read more from you!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome! wave

Fantastic story. Your debut to the boards started with a BANG!

Hopefully we will hear more from you very soon.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
D
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
D
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I hope to start posting my first multi-part LnC story soon. But right now this story seems to want to continue to play with my mind, so it might spawn a longer fic that dives deeper into the plotline.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Decided to check this story out before reading A Dangerous Mind.

While this loss is so sad and heartbreaking, I appreciate how Lois & Clark were able to give purpose and meaning to the life of their daughter. And to learn they are now blessed with another child to love and cherish.

Good job at skillfully dealing with this very difficult topic in a way that doesn’t leave the reader despondent with such an enormous loss.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard