Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Just read part 9. Nice step-down on the tension level. Let me step through my thoughts, in no particular order.

Bill Henderson is personally invested in finding Lois' stalker. Makes me wonder if he is now (or soon will be) willing to cut some corners to close this case. Nice to see him show some real care about Lois' privacy and sense of security.

From Part 7 (and it just now struck me) - Scardino returned fire at the shooter outside Mayson's apartment with a rifle? Where did he get that? A pistol can be concealed, but I don't think the biggest NBA players could conceal a rifle on their persons. Maybe he really had a large handgun?

Clark told her. He really told her! And he let her think he was kidding!! Oh, that's not gonna bite him in the posterior, not ever. I can't imagine Lois taking that well - unless, of course, she slowly reasons it out that he'd spoken the truth. Either way, will she be totally stunned? Will she be angry over his "deception?" Will she be devastated by her own blindness? Will she push him away? If so, for how long? Can I get ringside seats?

Mayson's getting worse. Whether she filleted Lois' wardrobe or not, her grasp on reality and her control of her emotions are both slipping away. Maybe she didn't Lizzie-Borden Lois' closet. Maybe there are two crazies out there gunning for Lois. Or did someone symbolically "kill" her clothes as a controlled, sane warning to back off the Resurrection pill story? Also, will Mayson be unable to get to Lois and try to take it out on Clark and shoot/stab/club/drop a piano on him and discover his secret? Will she be so insane by that time that no one believes her?

Lois is micrometers from telling Clark she loves him. She's convinced he loves her, and of course she's right. I only hope she tells him before she discovers/realizes/is firmly told that CK=SM.

Great tale. Lots of possible paths. A little frightening, actually. I'm still eager to see where this goes next.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by SupesFan
I love this story. I am a loyal follower of your work. Shame on me. I lurk. peep

Hey SupesFan!

Long time no see! Welcome out of lurkdome. and I'm glad you're enjoying this tale.

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
This is getting scary.

Hey Terry! wave

I checked the end of 7 to see when Mayson caught the bullet in her knee (hmm, that sounds familiar somehow), and there's no real indication that she'd been hit. But it's perfectly reasonable to go from her apartment being sprayed with bullets to Daniel S. putting a pressure bandage on her knee. And she's really starting to lose contact with reality. "No, Superman, you can't fly me to the emergency room." "No, Lane, I don't want to work with you, despite your giving me a great lead." "No, I'm not going to pursue this evidence that I've been horrified was lost somehow." Even Scardino can see she's coming unwound.

So, most of the scene at the end of Chapter 7 was in Mayson's POV. So her perception is not the greatest or most reliable. Also, it wasn't her apartment but her office that was shot up. What she registers as a threat and how the others perceive reality are quite different.

Speaking of Dan-call-me-Daniel, he's not awed by Superman in the least. Interesting. Does that mean that he doesn't know that much about him, was totally distracted at the time, or knows a lot more than anyone else in this twisted tale? I noticed that Dan didn't consider Superman when he was mentally recounting his day among the crazy women of Metropolis.

Dan was definitely too distracted with the crazy woman refusing to go to the hospital. More Superman and Scardino scenes will come and you'll get to see his reaction to the hero in this slightly different environment.

Someone broke into Lois' closet and shredded all her semi-formal and formal clothing? That sounds like the work of a jealous woman to me - and one who's not totally sane. A man might attack her clothing, but he surely would widen his swath of shredding to include her underwear, assuming that wouldn't be his primary focus. Is it possible that Mayson is Lois' nemesis, that she's trying to sabotage Lois' relationship with Clark? These actions would fit the worldview of a woman with only forty-seven cards in her solitaire deck.

lol The threats against Lois are becoming more and more prominent and more will be revealed of those in the upcoming chapter.

Clark needs to reveal himself to Lois now, like in the next 24 hours. Let her work through her shock and fury while he's protecting her. Let her see just how much he cares for her and what he'll sacrifice for her. Let her realize that he kept this knowledge from her for two reasons - first, to protect himself, and second, to protect her. As endangered a species as Lois Lane seems to be in this tale, how many more knives would be pointed a her if it got out that she knew Superman's secret?

The revelation will be coming soon. Not as anyone expects but it will be coming soon. Convincing himself is quite the challenge for Clark.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Just read part 9. Nice step-down on the tension level. Let me step through my thoughts, in no particular order.

Hey Terry! wave

Bill Henderson is personally invested in finding Lois' stalker. Makes me wonder if he is now (or soon will be) willing to cut some corners to close this case. Nice to see him show some real care about Lois' privacy and sense of security.

Bill Henderson struck me as someone that cares about protecting the people of Metropolis. Even though I'm sure Lois has given him a hard time he wouldn't want anything to happen to her. You'll see some development here over the course of the story as the tension grows.

From Part 7 (and it just now struck me) - Scardino returned fire at the shooter outside Mayson's apartment with a rifle? Where did he get that? A pistol can be concealed, but I don't think the biggest NBA players could conceal a rifle on their persons. Maybe he really had a large handgun?

So, I think it's in chapter 10 or 11 you have Dan give his POV of that scene and it makes a little more sense. Chapter 7 had Mayson's distorted POV so it was in pieces. Her perception is jagged at best which makes her version of events seem more intense or out there than what actually happened.

Clark told her. He really told her! And he let her think he was kidding!! Oh, that's not gonna bite him in the posterior, not ever. I can't imagine Lois taking that well - unless, of course, she slowly reasons it out that he'd spoken the truth. Either way, will she be totally stunned? Will she be angry over his "deception?" Will she be devastated by her own blindness? Will she push him away? If so, for how long? Can I get ringside seats?

<snort> Yes, he did tell her...technically. Next chapter you get to see it all come to a head and I'm sure someone will have popcorn ready and waiting to watch the fireworks.

Mayson's getting worse. Whether she filleted Lois' wardrobe or not, her grasp on reality and her control of her emotions are both slipping away. Maybe she didn't Lizzie-Borden Lois' closet. Maybe there are two crazies out there gunning for Lois. Or did someone symbolically "kill" her clothes as a controlled, sane warning to back off the Resurrection pill story? Also, will Mayson be unable to get to Lois and try to take it out on Clark and shoot/stab/club/drop a piano on him and discover his secret? Will she be so insane by that time that no one believes her?

Mayson and reality aren't exactly on the same hemisphere right now. This will all come to a head eventually (cuz it has to, right?) but I'm not making any promises on what the damage will be.

Lois is micrometers from telling Clark she loves him. She's convinced he loves her, and of course she's right. I only hope she tells him before she discovers/realizes/is firmly told that CK=SM.

//hog ties muse and tosses her in the closet//

**whistles innocently**
Nothing to see here. smile

Great tale. Lots of possible paths. A little frightening, actually. I'm still eager to see where this goes next.

I didn't go the usual route (following the episode) with this one so I hope the twists and turns make the ending as enjoyable for you all as it was to write. (No, we're not there yet).

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Chapter 10 is now up after the long holiday.

Hope everyone enjoys the fireworks!

thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
You know, I actually thought Mayson was getting better, that she'd recovered some of her equilibrium after a good night's sleep.

Then this happened.

“It’s no big deal.” Mayson shrugged. “I mean, I guess I always knew she would be a problem, but I was kidding myself thinking we could be friends.” Mayson tapped her hand against the table. “She’s an okay person, and I guess she’s good enough at her job. Clark and I are working through it, though.”

Scardino’s eyebrows furrowed at that comment, trying to follow what Mayson was saying. “Wait, I thought Clark was with Lois?”

“Oh, God, no,” Mayson chuckled with the shake of her head. “Clark and Lois would never work together. She’s always jumping into disaster after disaster and way too high maintenance for him.”

How long before someone puts this insane female out of her misery? How long will she plague our favorite couple? How far will she go to reinforce her fantastic view of her personal virtual reality?

I don't know if this was her intent, but she just pointed Scardino at Lois like a Sparrow missile. How long will it be before she decides she's carrying Clark's baby? Orders wedding invitations? Picks out china patterns? Registers them at Target and Wal-Mart and Dollar General?

How long before she really starts hating herself?

You are evil. Not as evil as a very few other stories on this site, but still --

There is some real trouble coming.

Oh, Clark's rear end is not as badly bitten as I thought it would be. Good thing he's such a super-kisser. At least he didn't tell her when she was drunk.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
You know, I actually thought Mayson was getting better, that she'd recovered some of her equilibrium after a good night's sleep.

Oh, Terry, Terry Terry.... surely you know me better than that... huh

Then this happened.

“It’s no big deal.” Mayson shrugged. “I mean, I guess I always knew she would be a problem, but I was kidding myself thinking we could be friends.” Mayson tapped her hand against the table. “She’s an okay person, and I guess she’s good enough at her job. Clark and I are working through it, though.”

Scardino’s eyebrows furrowed at that comment, trying to follow what Mayson was saying. “Wait, I thought Clark was with Lois?”

“Oh, God, no,” Mayson chuckled with the shake of her head. “Clark and Lois would never work together. She’s always jumping into disaster after disaster and way too high maintenance for him.”

devil

How long before someone puts this insane female out of her misery?

Now why would I want to do that?

How long will she plague our favorite couple?

Until she's caught of course smile

How far will she go to reinforce her fantastic view of her personal virtual reality?

//whistles innocently//

I don't know if this was her intent, but she just pointed Scardino at Lois like a Sparrow missile.

More of this in the next chapter. Yes, very much her intent.

How long will it be before she decides she's carrying Clark's baby?

//spews drink laughing uncontrollably//

Orders wedding invitations?

Oh, what a lovely colection of evil thoughts that could get Mayson into trouble....

Picks out china patterns? Registers them at Target and Wal-Mart and Dollar General?

It'd get really hard to hide her crazy with an apartment full of presents for her imaginary wedding. She should probably pick out a new place for her and her imaginary Clark to live in first.

How long before she really starts hating herself?

I prefer to think of it as a love / hate relationship at the moment.

You are evil. Not as evil as a very few other stories on this site, but still --

I resemble that remark.

There is some real trouble coming.

Very much so.

Oh, Clark's rear end is not as badly bitten as I thought it would be.

He still has a hole to dig himself out of but the two are at least conversing.

Good thing he's such a super-kisser.

lol
At least he didn't tell her when she was drunk.
peep

Thanks for reading, Terry. I'm glad you're enjoying this tale. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
A couple of things:

1. This is very suspenseful and I'm wondering if Dan will unravel what's really going on with Ms. Cuckoo for Clarkopuffs.

2. "Steak melt"? ..."Steak melt"?! Ahem. The proper term is "Philly Cheesesteak". No, I don't care that the story isn't set in Philadelphia; that is the proper name for it! ...and now I want one.

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Holy crap, Mayson's going around the bend on two wheels!

I hope Dan catches on and either lets Lois in on the fact that Mayson seems to have some screws loose on her trolley, or starts keeping an eye on Mayson to see what other cuckoos may fly out of the bush.

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
A couple of things:

1. This is very suspenseful and I'm wondering if Dan will unravel what's really going on with Ms. Cuckoo for Clarkopuffs.

2. "Steak melt"? ..."Steak melt"?! Ahem. The proper term is "Philly Cheesesteak". No, I don't care that the story isn't set in Philadelphia; that is the proper name for it! ...and now I want one.

lol Cuckoo for Clarkopuffs lol

I love that. I am dying laughing here.

Steak melt is not the same as a Philly Cheesesteak. Two different things. Think of a Patty Melt with steak burger in between the two slices of bread. smile Sorry for making you hungry though ....

Anyway thanks for reading Queenie!

Originally Posted by Endelda
Holy crap, Mayson's going around the bend on two wheels!

I hope Dan catches on and either lets Lois in on the fact that Mayson seems to have some screws loose on her trolley, or starts keeping an eye on Mayson to see what other cuckoos may fly out of the bush.

Hey E! wave

Yes, Mayson's behavior is growing more and more erratic. so glad you are enjoying the chaotic train once known as Mayson falling off the tracks and crashing into things while simultaneously acting like everything is just fine.

Chapter 12 is up. Enjoy!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow. Mayson's not coming unglued, she's disintegrating. She might as well join the Rocky Horror Picture Show road company and learn to sing and dance the Time Warp in Grand Central Station.

I think Scardino is convinced that nothing Mayson says or does is reliable. And I wonder if she'll survive the journey back to the DA's office. This chick is getting downright dangerous. I still think it's plausible that Mayson's the second stalker - and we still don't have a total chapter count. Could it be that folc4 is planning to torture her readers incessantly for a full year? Or even more? Will Mayson besiege Lois and haunt Clark even as the first Kent children are receiving their Masters' degrees? Will McCarthy keep building bombs and sneaking gangsters out of prison for years to build a criminal organization to rival Luthor's? Can the new and "improved" relationship between Clark and Lois survive these stresses? Will Lois survive at all?

Tense, indeed. I salute you, lady. clap

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow. Mayson's not coming unglued, she's disintegrating. She might as well join the Rocky Horror Picture Show road company and learn to sing and dance the Time Warp in Grand Central Station.

Hey Terry wave

I think Scardino is convinced that nothing Mayson says or does is reliable. And I wonder if she'll survive the journey back to the DA's office. This chick is getting downright dangerous.

Yes, Mayson is definitely being unhinged and it is becoming more and more apparent to those around her.

I still think it's plausible that Mayson's the second stalker - and we still don't have a total chapter count.

Well, the finally chapter count wouldn't let me include it in the description when I started and I didn't feel like being inconsistent in postings so there's that... huh

Could it be that folc4 is planning to torture her readers incessantly for a full year? Or even more? Will Mayson besiege Lois and haunt Clark even as the first Kent children are receiving their Masters' degrees?

Now, I know I twist things along for awhile but I'm not that bad lol You're looking at 20-25 chapters (depending on some final edits and how long fleshing out some of the later chapters ends up). I promise it won't be a whole year of postings though. smile

Will McCarthy keep building bombs and sneaking gangsters out of prison for years to build a criminal organization to rival Luthor's?

whistle

Can the new and "improved" relationship between Clark and Lois survive these stresses?

whistle

Will Lois survive at all?

smile huh

Tense, indeed. I salute you, lady. clap

Thank you! More to come soon!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, very tense indeed! Catching up on some reading, although still very much behind.

How long is Mayson going to be able to keep the lid on her public veneer of sanity? It's definitely slipping.

You have me hooked to see what winding, twisted road you take us on in this story. shock

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chapter 13. Doesn't seem all that lucky to me.

They're making good progress on the case, and Dan is being surprisingly helpful. I wonder when he'll start to distance himself from Mayson to the point where she notices and includes him in her out-of-phase reality of rejection and loss. I don't think he realizes how dangerous she can be.

Nice to see Lois and Clark smiling at each other. Also nice to see Lois' casual acceptance of Clark's Superman persona. She's starting to treat him like one person. Maybe that mental integration thing in her mind is moving along better than he'd hoped.

Also seems that the criminals' conspiracy is coming apart. Albie appears to be running. Angry shouting between the others has become the norm. McCarthy keeps failing to deliver the deaths he promised. They're getting close to desperate - and very dangerous.

Melissa Scott, Asst. ME, is gone. And she's deep in this, right up to her presumably pretty chin. And wow! some of the Resurrection pill recipients died for real? These people are even scarier than in the series.

Now Mary Williams, Mayson's assistant, is dead. The cops have Chris Gomez alive, one of the bad guys (interesting how you didn't mention the name), and Williams has been murdered inside a police interrogation room. I understand that the baddies want to plug a leak and strew terror among their other accomplices, but the timing was terrible. The pool of suspects is small and isolated, and finding the actual shooter/stabber/clubber shouldn't be all that hard.

Really good "reader incentive" though. Kudos for continuing to end the chapters on a "What The Front Door?!" moment.

I'm looking forward to the next installment. Who's going to die? What insane thing will Mayson do next? Will Dan help Clark and Lois make a breakthrough to solve the case, or is he another prospective victim? Was the money Albie took laced with poison? (I used that one once - it's a good twist.) Will Rollie Vale go back to prison or die in the crossfire? What will happen to McCarthy? Will Clark keep saving Lois?

So many possible paths, so many possible outcomes. This is still a compelling tale.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Now we have 14. Goody.

You know, the first time I read it, I missed the line where Lois dried her hair then put on pajamas. Made me visualize her sitting on Scardino's chest, holding that plunger at the perfect angle of death, all while wrapped in a loose towel.

Dan: "I said eleven I hoped you'd be naked - er, less violent."

Too bad, because that scene was hilarious in my mind.

Anyway, no one else died. Yet. Mayson hasn't flipped out yet. There are still crooks on the loose, and I still wonder whether Mayson is the second stalker. Would fit her downward spiral, no?

On the plus side, Lois seems to be adjusting to Clark being Superman being Clark fairly well. At least she's not hunting Kryptonite-bedecked plungers.

Next post, please. More, please. <<More!?!>> Yes, please, ma'am.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
My sincere apologies. I hadn't realized how long it had been since my last comment.

So. Chapter 17.

It's indeed a cruel irony that McCarthy observes his latest murder from the roof of the Daily Planet. So he got Clemmons but seems to have missed Mayson, if just barely. And now the late DA can't follow through on his threat to fire his insane, obsessed, monomaniacal ADA. I truly wonder if Mayson will blame Lois for her second near-death in this tale. Might McCarthy leave some evidence on that handy roof that would implicate Lois in this latest bombing?

I also wonder if Clemmons' death will remove one more impediment to Mayson's crusade against Lois. And if there is planted evidence on the Planet's roof, I wonder if Mayson will ignore logic and try to indict Lois for first degree murder.

Lois seems to have transitioned to full acceptance of the unity of Clark and Superman. I hope he shares the whole story of "too late" with her, whether before bed or in the morning before work. She needs to understand how personally he takes every unnecessary death. He needs the emotional release of telling someone and the unconditional support of someone who chooses to love him unreservedly.

And Bill Henderson is on the side of right in this tale, too, unless he's being really sneaky and perverse. But I don't see him warning Perry of Mayson's attempt to indict Lois on obstruction charges if he's not one of the good guys.

Ah. Now we see the linking of the bad guys, Rollie Vale, Sean McCarthy, Nigel St. John. They're working together, but not in harmony. There are fissures developing in that triumvirate of terror, and it's a sure bet that Lois and Clark will exploit them when they get the opportunity. And you've told us that, while Lois is still in mortal danger, it isn't an immediate threat to her, although she's going to see stalkers in the shower before this is over. You also told us that Albie Swanson is in immediate danger. I hope he has a deep hole nearby ready to be occupied at a moment's notice.

I'm looking for Clark and Lois and Bill Henderson to uncover some evidence that leads to our evil trio. Put pressure on them, and one of them (probably Vale) will make a series of serious mistakes and the entire conspiracy will fall apart like a watermelon at a Gallagher show. (Gallagher is a comic whose schtick is smashing watermelons and covering the front rows of the audience with wet debris. Google him.) Maybe the good guys will find where McCarthy is getting all those explosives. I'm pretty sure they're not available at the local Costco (not on the shelves, at least).

Still tense. Still taut. Still interesting. Keep them coming!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
//side eyes FDK//

Sorry. I've been bad about responding to FDK

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Wow, very tense indeed! Catching up on some reading, although still very much behind.

How long is Mayson going to be able to keep the lid on her public veneer of sanity? It's definitely slipping.

You have me hooked to see what winding, twisted road you take us on in this story. shock

Hey cuidadora!

So glad you're enjoying this twisted tale. Mayson is going to continue to live in her version of the truth for a few chapters...

Chapter 13. Doesn't seem all that lucky to me.

Well, it's an ironic chapter title smile

They're making good progress on the case, and Dan is being surprisingly helpful. I wonder when he'll start to distance himself from Mayson to the point where she notices and includes him in her out-of-phase reality of rejection and loss. I don't think he realizes how dangerous she can be.

Dan will definitely begin to see the crazy in Mayson. What he does with that...? That'll be up to him...

Nice to see Lois and Clark smiling at each other. Also nice to see Lois' casual acceptance of Clark's Superman persona. She's starting to treat him like one person. Maybe that mental integration thing in her mind is moving along better than he'd hoped.
Oh, yes! Things are starting to brighten up on the romance front.

Also seems that the criminals' conspiracy is coming apart. Albie appears to be running. Angry shouting between the others has become the norm. McCarthy keeps failing to deliver the deaths he promised. They're getting close to desperate - and very dangerous.

Well, you know what they say... If you don't want to get burned... don't play with fire. evil

Melissa Scott, Asst. ME, is gone. And she's deep in this, right up to her presumably pretty chin. And wow! some of the Resurrection pill recipients died for real? These people are even scarier than in the series.

Twisted a-plot is where my muse decided to go with this one. smile The twists and turns we never got to see ...

Now Mary Williams, Mayson's assistant, is dead. The cops have Chris Gomez alive, one of the bad guys (interesting how you didn't mention the name), and Williams has been murdered inside a police interrogation room. I understand that the baddies want to plug a leak and strew terror among their other accomplices, but the timing was terrible. The pool of suspects is small and isolated, and finding the actual shooter/stabber/clubber shouldn't be all that hard.

It's definitely not going to be hard to determine the suspect but finding the suspect may prove to be a challenge.

Really good "reader incentive" though. Kudos for continuing to end the chapters on a "What The Front Door?!" moment.

Thank you, Terry!

I'm glad you're enjoying the OMG moments at the end.

I'm looking forward to the next installment. Who's going to die? What insane thing will Mayson do next? Will Dan help Clark and Lois make a breakthrough to solve the case, or is he another prospective victim? Was the money Albie took laced with poison? (I used that one once - it's a good twist.) Will Rollie Vale go back to prison or die in the crossfire? What will happen to McCarthy? Will Clark keep saving Lois?

So many possible paths, so many possible outcomes. This is still a compelling tale.

lol

My sincere apologies. I hadn't realized how long it had been since my last comment.

So. Chapter 17.

It's indeed a cruel irony that McCarthy observes his latest murder from the roof of the Daily Planet. So he got Clemmons but seems to have missed Mayson, if just barely. And now the late DA can't follow through on his threat to fire his insane, obsessed, monomaniacal ADA. I truly wonder if Mayson will blame Lois for her second near-death in this tale. Might McCarthy leave some evidence on that handy roof that would implicate Lois in this latest bombing?

There's a lot going on here. There will be a lot of twists and turns for how Clemmons' death will both effect Clark but also how this will push Mayson's mental state and her motivation for justice against perceived threats. Clemmons saw Mayson's spiraling and attempted to stop it but now there's no way to follow through on her firing.

I also wonder if Clemmons' death will remove one more impediment to Mayson's crusade against Lois. And if there is planted evidence on the Planet's roof, I wonder if Mayson will ignore logic and try to indict Lois for first degree murder.

Interesting thought...but I'm remaining quiet on the subject for now.

Lois seems to have transitioned to full acceptance of the unity of Clark and Superman. I hope he shares the whole story of "too late" with her, whether before bed or in the morning before work. She needs to understand how personally he takes every unnecessary death. He needs the emotional release of telling someone and the unconditional support of someone who chooses to love him unreservedly.

Oh absolutely. There will be a lot of LnC moments in the next chapter.

And Bill Henderson is on the side of right in this tale, too, unless he's being really sneaky and perverse. But I don't see him warning Perry of Mayson's attempt to indict Lois on obstruction charges if he's not one of the good guys.

Henderson is definitely in the right and looking out for his team and attempting to keep justice flowing on all angles.

Ah. Now we see the linking of the bad guys, Rollie Vale, Sean McCarthy, Nigel St. John. They're working together, but not in harmony. There are fissures developing in that triumvirate of terror, and it's a sure bet that Lois and Clark will exploit them when they get the opportunity. And you've told us that, while Lois is still in mortal danger, it isn't an immediate threat to her, although she's going to see stalkers in the shower before this is over. You also told us that Albie Swanson is in immediate danger. I hope he has a deep hole nearby ready to be occupied at a moment's notice.

Baddies like to play with one another. Yes, there's still a threat but not an immediate one for Lois, but Albie is one who should be worried.

I'm looking for Clark and Lois and Bill Henderson to uncover some evidence that leads to our evil trio. Put pressure on them, and one of them (probably Vale) will make a series of serious mistakes and the entire conspiracy will fall apart like a watermelon at a Gallagher show. (Gallagher is a comic whose schtick is smashing watermelons and covering the front rows of the audience with wet debris. Google him.) Maybe the good guys will find where McCarthy is getting all those explosives. I'm pretty sure they're not available at the local Costco (not on the shelves, at least).

Costco?? lol Yeah, there's still a few twists to weave into this tale but we're getting close. //muffles muse's big mouth shut//

Still tense. Still taut. Still interesting. Keep them coming!

Thanks Terry!

Next Chapter

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
<bumping> I buried myself wink

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Chapter 19 is up.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Not sure if anyone is still reading this or not, but Chapter 20 is up. The end is coming!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm reading. I'm still figuratively nibbling my nails, too.

Scardino has gained Clark's conditional trust with that file. (Note: There's something missing from the end of the three-scene in Lois' apartment with the file. I suspect it's kind of a big deal, too.) And our heroes have picked up some very valuable information. This will jump-start their investigation and point them in the right direction. All they need to do now is keep Lois alive long enough to finish the job.

I'm glad(?) Superman saved Albie and impressed the leg-breaker. I assume that McCarthy saw the whole thing go down, and he'll be close to panic because he'll assume Albie will squeal. Probably will, too, if only to reduce his own sentence.

Most interesting development is Nigel's hubris showing. Mayson saw that she signed off on the warrant for Nigel St. John and she couldn't remember doing it! Maybe now she'll seek help, because she's starting to realize that somebody's seriously messing with her mind. I hope she tells Henderson, who will want her to see Dr. Klyburn (can't help it, first thing to my mind was pianist Van Clyburn) who will try to help her.

Along with that, maybe Mayson really is the second stalker - she just doesn't know it. All of the non-lethal actions against Lois - the clothing, the notes, and now the death threat - could be from someone mind-controlling Mayson. And if she does realize it, will that be enough to interfere with her programming? Maybe even enough to alter or break it? And does the flicker in her laptop screen have anything to do with updating her programming?

I can see her trying to handle this on her own, too, and it would get her into Superman-rescue territory if she does. It would be a disaster if she learned about CK=SM while under the influence of the bad guys. Or - might it be enough to shock her into either catatonia or completely out of their control? Yeah, that would be very interesting.

Near the end, huh? Wait a second - there. I'm ready now. Hit me with you best shot!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard