Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284596 05/29/19 05:26 PM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 9 is now available. This final chapter of Part 2 was one of the most difficult to write, as you can imagine if you’ve read it already wink. Scenes from it were some of the first I wrote when I started all of this (my writing is only linear in the loosest sense of the word…) before I even knew exactly how we’d get to this point. It was emotionally painful to write that last scene :sigh:. I had to do some pretending and lots of editing to get it right. I’ll admit I felt … sick … dirty after I finished it. I moaned and groaned mecry about it for a bit, brushed my teeth and watched some quality season 2 episodes until it went away grin. (Yet one more piece of evidence that my Lex may be the most evil…Hmmm, completely unintentional and why hadn’t I realized it before?? huh) It’s a necessary evil though, so don’t hold it against me forever.

Part 3 begins Sunday with another double chapter posting as those first two are fairly short. We’ll switch gears once more but I’m sure you’ll be pleased if you like what you’ve read so far grin Thank you all for the feedback! smile

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Man this Lex is evil...
Another great chapter girl

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
Man this Lex is evil...
I swear I didn't think I had such evilness lurking in me...

Another great chapter girl
grin Thanks!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, Lois, Lex thought, his heart reaching out to her. It will all be over soon, my darling. The emotions that coursed through him were not unlike those of a parent disciplining a child in a way that causes the parent’s sorrow but is undoubtedly necessary in teaching a lesson.

That was not was he was going for and it broke his heart to have put her in this position.

He really thinks his cold-shriveled-black heart can break for Lois, after deliberately taking everything - even her ability to choose - away from her.

This whole chapter is a brilliant illustration of why I think this Lex is so evil.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
jawdrop Wow.

This just keeps getting scarier as we go along. Your Lex Luthor is absolutely the most evil I've ever seen. He cares for no one but himself, and Lois is his unwilling and unwitting sex slave. This Lex is just - evil I can hardly wait for him to receive his just rewards.

Of course, it's not gonna happen soon, since you have 26 more chapters to post! Yikes. I hope I can sleep at night (or at least get my afternoon naps in).

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by cuidadora
He really thinks his cold-shriveled-black heart can break for Lois, after deliberately taking everything - even her ability to choose - away from her.

This whole chapter is a brilliant illustration of why I think this Lex is so evil.
Perhaps I had my Lex hat on a little too tight when I was writing this and didn't see the evilness so well because I was channeling his completely messed up perspective. I'm going to consider that a good thing at this point wink.

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
jawdrop Wow.

This just keeps getting scarier as we go along. Your Lex Luthor is absolutely the most evil I've ever seen. He cares for no one but himself, and Lois is his unwilling and unwitting sex slave. This Lex is just - evil I can hardly wait for him to receive his just rewards.
I think the worst thing of all, in his mind he doesn't even see it as wrong. he sees Lois as willing.

Of course, it's not gonna happen soon, since you have 26 more chapters to post! Yikes. I hope I can sleep at night (or at least get my afternoon naps in).
Well, tomorrow I will post two chapters smile. Should be very early in the morning as I have to be in meetings beginning at 7 am until 7 pm... It's also the start of Part 3! So, if nightmares from your reading wake you up, perhaps it will offer some relief.

Last edited by JellyS2; 06/11/19 11:52 PM. Reason: to remove my asinine comment that I never should have said and didn't mean the way it was taken and attempt to replace it with what I was actually thinking at the time.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by JellyS2
Sadly, at this point, she was willing. sick

I normally try pretty hard not to let ignorance on the internet bother me, but I've been thinking about this for days and I have to say something.

NO

Lex rewrote the part of her brain that knows that she loathes him. This does not make her willing, this makes her compliant.

Lois is no more willing than she would be if he'd gotten her drunk, given her rohypnol, or knocked her out and had his way with her unconscious body, and Lex is no less a rapist in this story than in any of those scenarios.

To say that "sadly, at this point, she was willing" at any point when she was acting under the influence of Lex's memory scrubbing is disgusting and offensive. "Willing" requires informed consent, which she is incapable of giving by the very nature of the plot of this story.

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by JellyS2
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
jawdrop Wow.

Sadly, at this point, she was willing sick.

I've had this up for a day and a half trying to find the right words to respond. //looks up at previous poster// I've obviously been beaten to the punch here.

You wrote a twisted tale here and interesting plot but your comment here bothers me.

Unwilling means she is unable to give proper consent.

In order for Lois Lane to give consent, she has to be awarded the ability to consent.

- She's been unwittingly kidnapped
- Her memories removed
- New memories implanted to replace the real ones.

How exactly is she of sound mind and body to consent to anything?

Maybe you misunderstand what consent is.

Maybe you didn't realize by making such a comment you're also hinting to anyone who has fallen victim to an assault while under the influence or drugged had somehow consented to their attack.

Maybe you didn't realize the weight those words carried.

This comment feels like victim shaming. This comment is disrespectful to those that have fallen victim to or know someone who has fallen victim to sexual assault.

You wrote a tale where Lois Lane is being unwillingly and unwittingly raped by Lex Luthor. Own it. Don't excuse it by trying to blame the victim. Lex is the criminal here. Don't excuse his behavior. He has enough people doing that for him.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Holy Crap! I can't believe I didn't see what I was saying. My original comment was never intended to mean what it did. I see now that it totally does and I can't believe I was so stupid that I didn't see it. I really am very sorry. I realize I've offended just about everyone and I am very sorry.

It has been pointed out numerous times now. I apologize. But, of course, you all are right. I am absolutely certain that this oversight on my part is why I didn't see my Lex as the most evil Lex. Thinking about it now, I believe I was looking at it from Lex's point of view, which we've already established as horribly rotten (as would be anyone else in the same boat, several examples have been shared with me).

I really never made the comparison between what Lex did and real-life examples and was appalled when I finally saw the connection. In addition, I see now that my comment was even more inappropriate than I realized because the sick face was originally directed at the situation but the way I worded it looked like it was directed at Lois. I hope that I have rephrased my original comment better and that this comment no longer seems dismissive, especially when I was in agreement with the outrage.

Last edited by JellyS2; 06/12/19 09:11 AM. Reason: Edited to mean what I was actually trying to say. Hopefully I got the tone right this time.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When Lois and Clark find out what Lex has been done to them and those they love, he will. He will be begging to go back to prison.

Unforgettable indeed.

Last edited by Morgana; 06/06/19 03:00 PM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard