Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Howdy, thanks for reading! grin

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Very cute! What a sweet ending.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Jackie!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brava!clap This was excellent! The whole bit at the Mended Drum (ha! XD) had a very Pratchetty rhythm to it; all that was missing was the footnotes! laugh

Not sure how I feel about the ending, though. I mean, it's sweet and all, but don't they need that thing? o_O

~•~
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Queenie, I was hoping someone would mention my humble shout-out to Sir Pterry! I wish I had the ability (and the nerve) to write an actual crossover, but small love notes to the Disc will have to do.

A lot of married folks I know have a decorative marriage certificate to frame, with all the calligraphy and curlicues that a romantic heart could wish for, while the official one is filed with the county clerk.

The certificate on the desk in Lethal Weapon appears to be a little less 'frilly', but I'm still assuming that the official one is on file somewhere and the one in the townhouse is a copy.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, that makes more sense, then. ^_^

...(then again, methinks there is story potential if Lois and Clark need to prove they're married and can't find the paperwork...)

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol E, this was so adorable and cute! I love it! Happy to help with the dialogue! hyper Great job!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Val, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Adorable and cute were the targets I was aiming for, so yay!

C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
rotflol Classic! Made me laugh so hard I’m ready to cough up a lung (colds and laughing do not mix)

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Drunk Lois is always fun!

Any attempt at picking out her heartbeat was thwarted by the skull rattling volume of what Clark assumed must be music. Judging from the enthusiasm of the dancers on the floor it was popular, but he could have sworn the drummer was just energetically slamming rocks together.
= me some 80% of the time, well, minus trying to pick out a heart beat. wink

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Crazy_Babe, I'm glad it made you laugh (although I now feel vaguely guilty about the state of your lungs)! I hope you feel better soon!

Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Jelly, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
...he could have sworn the drummer was just energetically slamming rocks together.

I've played with that drummer. He only had one volume setting - Animal from The Muppets ("Animal beat drums! Haaaahhh!"). See him in action here.

Very funny. I'm not as big a fan of drunkenness as some of the others are - my father-in-law died an alcoholic in the back bedroom of his house and nobody looked for him for almost a week. It was tough on my wife and her sister. But that's just me and my way of seeing things. You presented Lois as a (mostly) funny drunk whose insecurities snuck up on her while her defenses were down. And it's a good thing Clark didn't need to use his heat vision in the bar - he might have set fire to the whole place.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read. I like seeing little personal snippets into the married life of Clark and Lois. And I really like the ending. I'm sure Lois willingly drank a big glass of water and went to bed to sleep it off.

I'm guessing Lois never found a band-aid.

You're an excellent writer. Keep up the great work!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for reading, Terry!

I'm sorry to hear about your family's experiences with your father-in-law, but I hope your wife and sister-in-law are doing well these days. I'm lucky enough to have a generation or two between myself and my alcoholic relatives, and mostly just remember a lot of scary shouting and behavior that just seemed weird and confusing to a small child.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story, and you're right - she never found that band-aid goofy

I'm working on something a bit longer (that's not related to this story at all); it's slow going, but I'm determined not to give up!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bwhahahahaha! I LOVE IT! SO much better than I ever imagined it would be when you mentioned the prompt to me. Excellent job! I'd quote my favorite hilarious descriptions, but that would be the entire story.

Thank you, for making that prompt a reality!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi Vicki! I'm blushing so hard right now grin

I'm so glad you liked it, I had you in the back of my head the whole time I was writing it!

Thanks for helping with the initial 'fleshing out' session, you planted some seeds for story direction that turned out to germinate some pretty good roots!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well-written, with a plausible reason Lois became intoxicated since she (may) think the drinks are low in alcohol content. As others mentioned, it's cute and funny. Nicely done.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Any attempt at picking out her heartbeat was thwarted by the skull rattling volume of what Clark assumed must be music. Judging from the enthusiasm of the dancers on the floor it was popular, but he could have sworn the drummer was just energetically slamming rocks together.

Sounds like a couple of discos I visited back in the eighties...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Cuidadora, I'm glad you enjoyed it smile

Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi Morgana!

Same here, back when I was younger and more willing to risk deafness for a possible good time lol

Thanks for reading![Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard