Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284364 05/05/19 07:40 PM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I’m so very excited to finally begin posting my story. This story idea came from a dream I had around 20 years ago that I always thought would have made a good movie. I have never been considered a writer (though perhaps now I should), but after a chance discovery of NaNoWriMo on October 29th, 2018, I somehow came to the conclusion that despite having a fulltime job and busy family, it was totally reasonable that I should be able to “win”. One month and 55,449 words later, I still wasn’t done [Linked Image]. With the help of some awesome people in a hangouts chat, I finally made it to the end grin .

Altogether, it is split up into four parts (with meaningful headings wink ), or 34 chapters and an epilogue. I plan to post a chapter at a time twice a week (which should be doable since its all done but I have been known to have unusual things happen to mess my plans up...).

I’m super excited for feedback, so lay it on, good or bad!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Wow. That is an intriguing start! Well written. Seems like time has been changed in some way. Tempus? Will be here reading to find out? Thanks for writing.

JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by AndyG
Wow. That is an intriguing start!
That's what I was going for!

Well written.
Thank you. smile

Seems like time has been changed in some way. Tempus? Will be here reading to find out? Thanks for writing.
You are welcome and I hope you like what you find out!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Thanks for this great start. I love it

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Features Writer
Features Writer
My goodness! What a great introduction for your story! Intriguing, mysterious and heart-wrenching. Looking forward to more! clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
Thanks for this great start. I love it
You are welcome!

Originally Posted by cuidadora
My goodness! What a great introduction for your story! Intriguing, mysterious and heart-wrenching. Looking forward to more! clap
My goal was to provide the reader with some shock. Looks like I was successful. grin

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And here he was standing with her celebrating this occasion in style. He had insisted on a grand soiree with fancy dresses and fantastic decorations. Lois hadn’t argued. She loved him and if this was what he wanted, then she would play along and enjoy herself.

I was all into this description until I realized Mr. Kent would never spend so much money for a lavish second anniversary. Not on a reporter's salary. So my eyes kept rovering over the screen until the end of the segment:

“I love you, Lois,” he murmured against her lips.

She kissed him again.

“I love you, too, Lex.”

They have been married two years? Where on earth is Clark?! shock

Love? Had he heard Lana right? Love? She thought he loved Lois? He was stunned by her observation. He didn’t even think about Lois when he was awake! Every time it came up that he worked in Metropolis for a while, he felt such intense guilt that he had to find something to take his mind off of it. He didn’t quite know how to handle that. Nothing else had ever made him feel so guilty. Maybe Lana was misconstruing his guilt as love.

Hmmm, methinks something really bad happened in Metropolis to make Clark return to the arms of Lana Lang.

All of the patients in question reported memory problems after visiting the facility. It was a continuous cycle of shifting the blame from one party to another as each new piece of evidence told another side of the story.

Memory lapses? Lex is involved? Most of all Perry cannot remember why he did not attend Lois' wedding? Oh baby! This sounds like a very cool opening to a great story. Glad to know you are posting twice a week! Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
I was all into this description until I realized Mr. Kent would never spend so much money for a lavish second anniversary. Not on a reporter's salary.
Ha! I'll be honest, I didn't even consider that. Kudos for finding this unintentional clue!

They have been married two years? Where on earth is Clark?! shock
See, I was thinking that even people totally unfamiliar with LnC would be surprised to read that as well. wink

Memory lapses? Lex is involved? Most of all Perry cannot remember why he did not attend Lois' wedding? Oh baby! This sounds like a very cool opening to a great story.
And I really enjoyed writing it! I got stuck every now and then, but this opening flowed onto the page with little help from me (though it did require much polishing).

Glad to know you are posting twice a week! Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. thumbsup
Me too!

Thanks for the feedback, its great getting a peek at what readers are thinking while reading!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard