Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#284262 04/21/19 12:17 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Happy Easter, FoLCs! May it be joyful and peaceful, no matter what/if you celebrate.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautiful job as always, Vicki! It's always nice to read different takes on BaTP/HOL arc revelations. You always do a great job painting the scene.

Happy Easter!

(Sidenote: LOL at you having to post more than once to get it all in there)

lol

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice, DC!

I can see this working out just this way. Luthor goes after Clark when Lois turns him down and misses so badly that his attempt rebounds on him and kills him. And Clark would be like, "What happened?" for a couple of seconds until he saw Luthor's body on the ground behind him.

Anyway, I love Lois' befuddlement at the revelation and Clark's retreat to Switzerland to sit on a mountain. Lois calling Smallville to interrogate Jonathan and Martha would have been funny under other circumstances. Most of all, I adore the way Lois repaired the basis of their relationship with Clark - no demands, no ultimatums, no screaming or yelling or loss of temper, just letting her tenuous love touch his heart. Of course, he had to be receptive to her entreaties, too. I enjoy reading about a human, emotionally vulnerable Superman. That's the way I view him, so we are in synch there.

Keep writing, DC! You're one of the very best.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a delightful story! Love your word pictures. My favorite is...

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
What confidence she’d had about sorting out the perplexing mess of feelings in her heart turned to ash and blew away in the breeze left behind as Superman turned to leave, his cape fluttering with the movement.

clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Beautiful job as always, Vicki! It's always nice to read different takes on BaTP/HOL arc revelations. You always do a great job painting the scene.

Happy Easter!

(Sidenote: LOL at you having to post more than once to get it all in there)

lol

Thanks, Val! And thanks for making sure Lois and Clark weren't *too* mean to each other in this one!

Also, my muse doesn't know the meaning of "short" story lately.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Very nice, DC!

I can see this working out just this way. Luthor goes after Clark when Lois turns him down and misses so badly that his attempt rebounds on him and kills him. And Clark would be like, "What happened?" for a couple of seconds until he saw Luthor's body on the ground behind him.

Anyway, I love Lois' befuddlement at the revelation and Clark's retreat to Switzerland to sit on a mountain. Lois calling Smallville to interrogate Jonathan and Martha would have been funny under other circumstances. Most of all, I adore the way Lois repaired the basis of their relationship with Clark - no demands, no ultimatums, no screaming or yelling or loss of temper, just letting her tenuous love touch his heart. Of course, he had to be receptive to her entreaties, too. I enjoy reading about a human, emotionally vulnerable Superman. That's the way I view him, so we are in synch there.

Keep writing, DC! You're one of the very best.

Aww, thanks, Terry! I also love a human Clark. His vulnerable heart is what makes him so interesting. So yes, we are very much in synch on that point!

Glad you enjoyed the story! The idea of having Superman make the reveal was too interesting to pass up.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
What a delightful story! Love your word pictures. My favorite is...

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
What confidence she’d had about sorting out the perplexing mess of feelings in her heart turned to ash and blew away in the breeze left behind as Superman turned to leave, his cape fluttering with the movement.

clap

Aww, thank you! So glad you enjoyed it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
grin I love it! Thanks for writing a response to my challenge. That is one of the places where I thought an "I'm Clark Kent" reveal could totally happen. I love how you wrote her instantly feeling regretful about everything that happened. And I also like how you kept it from her POV.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by JellyS2
grin I love it! Thanks for writing a response to my challenge. That is one of the places where I thought an "I'm Clark Kent" reveal could totally happen. I love how you wrote her instantly feeling regretful about everything that happened. And I also like how you kept it from her POV.

Thanks, Julie! It was certainly a fun challenge to take on. That moment when she propositions Superman is SO cringeworthy, it would have served her right to have him throw the reveal in there.

I knew it had to be fully from Lois' POV - I wanted to examine her instant regret and how the knowledge of what she's done really messes with her.

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you liked it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. The emotion was so intense. Glad they managed to work it out without stretching out the angst too much. And really glad that Lois stepped back and truly thought about what she had put Clark through. In the series, it was hard to tell if she really did or not at times, you know?
Anyway, really great read ^_^

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Wow. The emotion was so intense. Glad they managed to work it out without stretching out the angst too much. And really glad that Lois stepped back and truly thought about what she had put Clark through. In the series, it was hard to tell if she really did or not at times, you know?
Anyway, really great read ^_^

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm glad you liked seeing Lois' thought process and the way she's able to process what she's said and done, as well as the effect it's had on Clark. It was certainly a lot of fun to get inside her mind.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just loved your story, DC! smile1 Lois thinking through all that she had put Clark through was so priceless. Can't help it, but I just love a good reveal story! Well done! hyper

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Superjan
Just loved your story, DC! smile1 Lois thinking through all that she had put Clark through was so priceless. Can't help it, but I just love a good reveal story! Well done! hyper

Thanks so much! I'm also a sucker for a reveal story, so getting the chance to invert it as an "I'm Clark" moment was too tempting and fun to pass up! Thanks for reading. And so glad you enjoyed it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
I liked this story to. It was great.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Sparkyfire
I liked this story to. It was great.

Aww, thanks, Sparkyfire! Glad you liked it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Wonderful story. I love the fact you start after the reveal instead of with a reveal

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
Wonderful story. I love the fact you start after the reveal instead of with a reveal

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the fic! But it *did* start with the reveal, just flipped from the usual "I'm Superman" to "I'm Clark." The original post had to be split into posts in order to fit. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Something about the way he flung Lex’s name at her pricked at her mind, the same as his seemingly intentional usage of “like a brother.” It was like he was dancing around, deliberately throwing clues at her for some puzzle only he could see. Frowning, she figured she would play his game and work out whatever it was that he was getting at. She was a reporter, after all. And not just any reporter. She was the best.

At last, Lois' spidey senses are tingling, but not for Luthor! Urgh!

Was she in love with Clark?

No, she told herself.

Not yet, whispered the voice inside her mind. If you gave him a chance, however…

Love takes time and right now Lois is so confused she doesn't know what to do!

“Time to call in the big guns,” she said as she paced her living room two nights after she’d last seen Clark.

A call to Smallville would have been my first move!

“Fair enough,” he conceded, then swiftly formed a mini tornado as he spun out of his costume and into his civilian attire. He was a sight for sore eyes in a pair of faded blue jeans and a black leather jacket, beneath which she could just see a hint of a pale gray t-shirt.

Hubba! Hubba! Clark in that outfit is amazing!

Lois shook her head. “Not in the way you think. You could have said no to me a thousand times, standing there in the blue suit. It never would have hurt as much as it did when I realized what I’d done to you. How I’d hurt you. How I’d broken your heart. How I’d unintentionally humiliated you by putting you up against yourself, comparing you to yourself, rejecting the real man to chase an illusion.”

This is true, still Clark didn't help matters by flirting with her as his alter ego.

Lois nodded. “I was too worried about you to even think about Lex. Which, now that I think about it, is pretty telling, isn’t it? It’s always been you, Clark.” She reached over and took his hand in hers, studying his soft skin as though trying to memorize every part of him. “I can’t…I can’t say yes to him. Not when it means I’ll lose you. And now, hearing why you think he’s dangerous…knowing he’s threatened you…”

Hmmm. Lex, the relationship with Miss Lane is definitely over!

Clark lost it. He laughed deeply, Lois joining in a heartbeat later. In that moment, Lois was certain she’d made the right decision. Whatever life held in store for her, she would find out with Clark by her side, not Lex.

Lex Luthor only has one side ... his own.

Lois laughed nervously and gave him a sheepish smile. “I…may have called them when I was looking for you. I also may have told them what happened. But, in my defense, I was going out of my mind worrying what might have happened to you after you left.”

Oh, I would have loved to have seen the expressions on Martha and Jonathan's faces when Lois dropped that bomb on them!

Thanks for an insightful and sometimes funny story. It hit the spot!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
I really enjoyed this one. I especially liked how you Show the thoughts of Lois and why she does what she does. I always could strangle her in this park Scene and the next one - perhaps your Story helped me a bit to understand her better. I also love that BOTH Lois and Clark finally see their mistakes and say this each other.
I also enjoyed Clark realising he couldn't have both: Lois don't recognizing him, but seeing still Clark in him. I can't remember any other fic who showed this, and I'm afraid about that, because it makes so much sense! Thanks for writing! Nick

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
I really enjoyed this one. I especially liked how you Show the thoughts of Lois and why she does what she does. I always could strangle her in this park Scene and the next one - perhaps your Story helped me a bit to understand her better. I also love that BOTH Lois and Clark finally see their mistakes and say this each other.
I also enjoyed Clark realising he couldn't have both: Lois don't recognizing him, but seeing still Clark in him. I can't remember any other fic who showed this, and I'm afraid about that, because it makes so much sense! Thanks for writing! Nick

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard