Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Howdy! Thanks for reading our challenge fic!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Squeeeeel! A sequel! Be back to fdk properly.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap clap clap

Beautiful! Nice how it enhances the episode without actually interfering with the course of events, much. Although I did wonder how on Earth Lex thought that dying would be a good way to *avoid* meeting the devil again; either he was that freaked out or he really wasn't paying much attention in Sunday school. wink

~•~
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you! As far as his plan for avoiding the Devil, I think it was a little from column A and a little from column B lol.

He never struck me as the type of guy who paid close attention in catechism class wink

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for reading, Val! smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
I enjoyed the City of (Fallen) Angels very much and this one is just a good. Lucifer Morningstar as a friend of Clark's is such and unusual pairing and you have been able to blend the essence of both series so nicely. I loved Lucifer standing on the street observing Lex's swan dive and thinking to himself "Why isn't Clark saving him?" and then dismissing it due to Lex's ultimate destination not changing regardless. Beautiful.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nice to see a continuation of this cross over. You've captured Lucifer nicely and he fits in so well in this universe.

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Late to the party a little here but hi!

Val- thanks for reading! I love that you're that excited for a sequel smile

Queenie- well, when you'd just seen the Devil, I'm not sure you'd be thinking all that clearly LOL

Mike- thank you so much! We do work really hard to try and balance the two in these stories and I'm glad you think we've succeeded smile

Joan- he really does fit in surprisingly well. And we had so much fun writing COFA that I couldn't resist another one.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, a sequel!

Love it, ladies. Again, I don't watch Lucifer, but you've made the character extremely accessible, so, kudos to you.

Anyway, I love that he goes in there and basically toys with Lex. I mean, he knows *exactly* what he's doing. He doesn't make outward threats - "time to be dragged to hell, Lexie my boy!" - but he's still intense enough to drive Lex to the point where he's panicked enough to choose death rather than live with his new knowledge.

And let me just add...I *love* how Lucifer is actually compassionate enough to realize that there's something wrong with Clark's powers and to acknowledge with some guilt that Clark is going to blame himself for not being able to save Lex, even though he is completely blameless in the matter.

Well done, my friends! Feel free to write more. Maybe Lucifer visits the still-recovering Clark? Yes?

Also, I'm still very tickled by the idea of Superman and the Devil being friends. Actually, it made me think of one of my older fics, Forgiveness, where Clark seeks out absolution for his relief that Lex is dead. Imagine the conversation he would have with a priest admitting that he's on cool terms with the Devil himself! Hahaha!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
even readable for people who didn't watch city of (fallen) angels good story girls. Congrats

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just found this addition on AO3 and commented there -- how did I miss that you'd added another chapter? -- but just had to check here, too, to see if others had enjoyed it just as much as I did. Hee. smile

This was fun to read. I definitely wanted to see Lucifer confront Lex in the main story, so this was satisfying. I admit I'd also love to see Lex's hell loop ... watching Lois spurn him for Clark, over and over and over, perhaps? wink Clark and Lucifer being friends would probably be nearly as much of a shock to Lex, so that would be a nice addition, too, heh. Thanks for adding to the story, and for giving me a good excuse to reread the original. smile

Now I'm picturing Lois contacting Chloe post-revelation, since they will have that in common, too. If the timeline stays the same, by the time Lois & Clark get together, Lucifer & Chloe will have a solid year together under their belts, so Chloe would probably give some pretty good advice. Both on the "the man I love has another side to him" front and "Yeah, I was briefly engaged to a criminal mastermind, too ... it really sucks, doesn't it?" wink

And darn it, now you've got me wondering what Lucifer would make of Tempus. lol He'd probably get a kick out of him at first, since they share that dry, irreverent sense of humor, but once he started hurting people, especially going after his new buddy Clark ... Lucifer no like. devil angel-devil wink

Last edited by KathyB; 03/09/19 04:08 PM.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Endelda and Feli!

This is set between the end of City of (Fallen) Angels and it’s epilogue, and will make absolutely no sense if you haven’t read that one first. The Lois and Clark setting… well, read on!
So, we’re in for a devilish good time, then, I guess.

From there, he could try to piece together what had gone wrong. How the police had assembled evidence against him when he’d been so careful to cover his tracks. How Lois had turned on him. How Superman had escaped.
Yes, nobody certainly has granted any favors in that regard.

Even if the police knew of its existence, they would find it nigh impossible to displace him.
Well, they could set up drilling equipment…

“Hello, Alexander,” his visitor greeted him with a look of unholy glee on his face.
Granted a favor to Lex, did he?
LUCIFER: Hey, free will and all that.

"But there's no such place as Hell, and if there were some nightclub owner certainly wouldn't be its ruler."
*adorable shrug*

A shriek of terror was ripped from Luthor’s throat as Lucifer’s features seemed to vanish, replaced by a charred skull throbbing with a thin layer of exposed muscle and raw skin. Tiny flames licked around the edges of his temples and jawline
Something that’s been on my mind since Luci started to show his devil face more clearly. He does look a lot like Harvey Twoface’s criminal side from the Nolan Batmans. So, how would this Bruce Wayne react to the devil face?

Lucifer strolled casually out onto the balcony and leapt into the air, taking flight with a loud rustling sound. Recovering his wits, Luthor closed his mouth and rushed to the balcony railing, twisting to look upwards, searching the sky for any sign of Lucifer. Finding none, his knees went weak as the full import of the last few minutes struck him.
You’re setting his fall up quite nicely. Each devilish interaction is a building block in Lex tumbling from the balcony. First the doors open. Now, he is at the railing.

Finding an unoccupied alleyway, he let his wings unfurl. He’d make certain that Luthor’s soul remained exactly where it should be— in a private cell in Hell. It was the least he could do for a friend, after all.
So, then how did he get back out for The Phoenix?

and he’d realized everything he’d been taught as a boy about good and evil was true. Guilt for the people he’d killed. Guilt for the lives he’d destroyed. He pushed it away, knowing it would come back. Another reason to escape.
Huh, so Lex did feel guilty after all. Smart move, otherwise, he’d have gone to the Other Place.

Nice little Lucibit clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Hi Michael!

Well, they could set up drilling equipment...
See, now I’m picturing them using one of those tunnel borers like the ones they used to build the Chunnel

You’re right, he is looking a lot like Two-Face. Lucifer meeting the Justice League... lol

So, then how did he get back out for The Phoenix?
Haha we haven’t gotten that far yet!

As for the feeling guilty thing.... E and I have a theory that if you do enough evil deeds on Earth, you go to Hell regardless of whether you feel guilty or not. Otherwise there’d be quite a few murderous sociopaths running around the Silver City wink

I’m stealing ‘Lucibit’ as a description for any other short Lucifer stories I write now too, btw

Thanks Michael! Glad you enjoyed our random sequel

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard