Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#283869 02/27/19 12:52 AM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
So I found myself wondering if there are any fics out there in which the revelation that Clark Kent is Superman comes from Superman instead of Clark Kent. I've been told there are some, but I haven't come across any. So when and where and how and why and to whom would Superman say, "_____, I'm Clark Kent," and what mayhem would ensue?

Aaaannnnnnd...

Go!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Well, yes, there are some. At the Moment, I remember two stories by Wendy Richards:
- In "A conscious choice", Superman starts a loving relationship with Lois, and finally reveals his true ideitity to her.
- in "It happened one Super night) Lois got pregnant by Superman, but he doesn't know it. When he finds out, he reveals his Clark persona, too.
I also remember a ficathon Christmas Story where Superman reveals he is Clark but can't remember title/author now.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
start the thinking process now ... :-p

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks Blindpassenger! I'll have to go look those up. smile

And LadyT, I know you've already thought about it wink

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Another story is Nan Smith's Pheromone. Its sequel is The Newlywed Game.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I wrote a story that sort of fulfills your request, in that it is Superman, rather than Clark, who deliberately lets Lois know. I wrote "sort of" because he doesn't actually use the phrase, "Lois, I'm Clark Kent." The story is The Final Piece of the Puzzle

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Superman also reveals that he's really Clark in If I Were You by Caroline K.

I liked it a lot, and would enjoy seeing more stories with this revelation premise laugh

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
We also have Tank's "a Chat with Lois", a very different sort of Revelation - read it, it's funny.
Then there is "Ordinary like this" by Bethy.
And I'm not sure but I believe that Superman reveals himself as Clark also in cuidadoras "Don't be cruel" at the end.

B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Oh, and don't Forget "sex, truth and Revelation" by Adam Labotka. In this one, Superman has to reveal his identity to the public after the affair-scandal. It's well-written.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
And I'm not sure but I believe that Superman reveals himself as Clark also in cuidadoras "Don't be cruel" at the end.

Not exactly. As Superman he reacts differently to Lois's declaration of love than canon. Towards the end it's Clark who reveals himself to Lois, although he doesn't use the words "I'm Superman."

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, yeah, the muse is working on this one...stay tuned.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
are three more I found.
In "Wine and Consequences" by Mozartmaid Superman gets infected with kryptonite and alcohol and marrys Lois. When he realises what he has done he reveals himself as Clark to her.
In "Family Ties" by Christy, Superman reveals himself to Dr. Klein as Clark Kent after his son gets injured and he needs his medical abilities.
In "An extraordinary Man" by CHristine Carr Superman reveals his Identity to an alternate Universe Version of Clark who doesn't recognize him.

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard