A response to JellyS1 revelation challenge

comments

Chapter 13: The barbarians at the Planet

Lois and Clark walked in the park, Clark was going to tell Lois about his feelings for her. They walked towards the fountain. The sky was blue with only a little breeze cooling the air. Clark’s felt his heart bouncing in his chest, his hands all clammy. A deep sigh left Clark this was it there was no way back now. He turned towards Lois taking her hand in his.

“Lois there is something I want to talk to you about and I fear that if I don’t do it know I will regret it later,” Clark said before he swallowed.

“What is it, Clark?” Lois asked a little impatient.

“This is hard for me to say, Lois. I am afraid of your reaction.” Clark said looking down at his feet.

“Clark, you know that you can tell me anything. What is on your mind?” Lois was confused now. Clark was never someone to walk around the bush like this.

Clark closed his eyes and closed a deep breath trying to calm his nerves. He stayed silent for a couple of moments.

“Come on Clark, it can’t be that bad. You are scaring me right now.” Lois said in her high voice a little scared that she was about to lose Clark to a fatal disease.

“I really hope that what I’m about to say is not going to ruin the small friendship we still have.” Clark sighed again and looked Lois straight in her eyes before continuing, “Lois Lane, I love you. I am in love with you from the moment I laid eyes on you.”

Lois looked him in the eyes seeing that what he was telling was the truth and not some excuse to keep her away from Lex Luthor. She closed her eyes. How was she going to tell him softly that she didn’t feel the same about him?

“Oh, Clark, I love you too but not in the same way that you love me. You are my best friend, a brother I never had but I am not in love with you.” Lois said trying to bring it as careful as possible.

Clark turned his back to Lois trying to control the tears in his eyes, “Do you love him?”

Lois knew exactly who he meant when he asked that, Clark had been talking bad about Lex Luthor since it was known that she was serious about dating the rich villain. It had strained their friendship. "I really think I do, not that it is your business. You have been jealous of the moment I started dating him.”

“It was a mistake to come here and talk to you, forget I ever said it. Have a happy life with him, Lois. Goodbye.” Clark said with restrained anger. How could she marry him without being sure about her love for him but refuse to give me a chance?
Clark was already walking away from her when she stopped him again, “Clark?”
Clark looked over his shoulder but didn’t say a thing. Lois could see the hurt in his eyes.
“Could you ask Superman to come and see me, please? I want to talk to him and you're the only one who knows how to reach him.”

Clark rolled his eyes but didn’t say a thing. He needed to think about it if Superman would respond to that particular call. He needed to be on his own for a while so he looked around and when it was clear that nobody was around he spun into his Superman suit and took off somewhere to a remote island to think about everything.

Superman had been on that remote island for hours. Walking through the woods throwing some coconuts as far as he could throw, letting out all his pain and frustration. He wanted to hear what Lois wanted to tell him but on the other side, he feared that the news would break his heart even more than she had when she had rejected him. Would he regret it if he didn’t go? Would she lay the link between Superman and Clark if he stayed away? Superman took a deep sigh and made a decision, hoping that he wasn’t going to regret it.

Lois had just taken a book to read when a gust of wind and a familiar woosh sound had startled her. she looked over her shoulder and smiled when she saw who had entered her apartment through the window.

“Superman!” Lois smiled happily but Superman didn’t return her smile. His posture was distant.

“You wanted to speak to me?” He said a little too cold for his liking.

“Yes, euhm let me put on a robe!” she said a little shyly.

“As long as it’s not lead-lined, Lois don’t bother!” Superman said regretting what he said right after the words had left his mouth.

Lois looked to the ground at that remark before walking towards him.

“I think you have heard it from Clark, Lex has proposed to me but I can’t take the decision without knowing…,” she took a step closer towards Superman, placing her hands on his arms, that were crossed in front of his chest, “ without knowing if there is a future for us. I am so madly in love with you Superman.”

Superman sighed and took a step back to remain his distance, trying to not get more hurt than this, knowing that those hands would never touch him ever again.

“How can you say that Lois, you don’t know anything about me,” Superman said trying to control his emotions.

“I know enough to know that I love you, you are selfless and you have a big heart. I am not in love with your powers or you being a celebrity. I would love you even if you were a normal man with a normal boring job! Why can’t you believe me?” Lois said tears in her eyes Superman had never been this distant to her. Superman closed his eyes, tears in his eyes,  
“Under the circumstances, I don’t know how I can.”  

“What do you mean? it is not like I rejected you before, Superman." Lois asked confused. Getting angry when she didn't receive a response until she saw the hurt in his eyes. Lois gasped when it hit her, "I have rejected you, haven't I? Clark?"

“Yes Lois, it’s me Clark, but rest assured I will never bother you again, goodbye Lois!” Superman took off before Lois could response. He knew it had been a mistake to come here tonight.

Lois stood there, tears in her eyes, she was in love with her partner, her best friend and he loved her but how would she save that precious relationship? How was she going to prove him now that she really loved him? She dressed her self in sweat pants and a shirt, she put on some easy shoes and left her apartment in a hurry, she wasn’t going to lose him not without a fight.

Superman had been flying for hours, patrolling the city two times. He knew he had to go home sometime, he needed to think what to do now that he was jobless. Why wouldn’t he go and travel around again but first he was going to let Lois see who Lex Luthor really was. He wasn’t going to stand back and let her marry the biggest Criminal of Metropolis, he owed her that much. He was walking towards his home at Clinton when he saw something on his stairs in front of his apartment or rather someone. Lois was sitting on his stairs with her head in her hands. Clark sighed and walked towards her.

“What can I do for you, Lois?” Clark asked with clear pain in his voice.

“Clark, can we talk?” Lois asked carefully

“I don’t know what else there is to say, Lois!” Clark said coldly until he saw the tears in her eyes. If there was something that was worse than kryptonite than was it a crying Lois.

Clark sighed and smiled, “ Come in.”

“Do you want some tea?” Clark asked the moment they sat at the table in the kitchen.

“No, thank you, Clark.” Lois sighed and gathered all of her courage to continue, “I told Lex that I couldn’t marry him.”

Clark looked up but didn’t say a thing.

“I can’t marry him when my heart belongs to someone else and when I know that I carry his heart with me,” Lois said looking Clark straight in the eyes.

“Oh Lois, how can I even know for sure that you love me for me and not because I am Superman?” Clark said thinking that there was nothing that could hurt him more.

“Just let me love you, Clark! Let me prove to you that I love you for who you are.” Lois pleads with watering eyes.

Clark stayed silent for a moment, thinking if he was going to risk losing Lois forever, he had the chance to have everything he ever wanted, “ One the condition that I can love you too and that you will help me bring down the biggest criminal we have ever known in Metropolis, Lex Luthor!” Clark placed a hand on Lois her cheek hoovering over the table to close the gap between them, Lois knew this was what she always dreamed of and leaned in until their lips were inches from each other, “Bring it on!” She whispered before their lips touched each other in their first kiss without secrets.

The end  

Last edited by LadyTpower; 05/18/19 02:47 PM.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *