Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#282994 01/01/19 12:09 AM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Work was very quiet, that's a first! This story comes from my writing notebook and since the year was rapidly coming to a close, it was written today. Whew! Autumn is unbetaed, so please don't mind the typos and any misspellings, it will be cleaned up for the archives. whistle

This is a very short story about an walk Lois and Clark take one pretty fall day.

Comments as always are welcomed.

Last edited by Morgana; 01/01/19 12:12 AM. Reason: edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww, this was lovely! So charming and sweet, I love their relationship and the hints about their alt-verse!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is such an interesting little snippet into the AU you've created. Thanks so much for sharing Morgana.

Happy New Year!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a lovely, sweet addition to your AU! So glad to have you posting again.

Happy New Year!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Kerth
Kerth
“As you know Clark, my parents went through a rough time in their marriage. Daddy nearly had an affair with one of his surgical nurses, but thankfully he appreciated who my mother is and didn’t pursue it. That taught me an important lesson, to value the ones I love.

So many differences in the lives of these two characters are revealed as the story develops, but I think this one lays the foundation for a change in Lois' relationship with men. Our Lois' inability to trust is deeply rooted in what she witnessed of her parents' marriage. This colors her perception of men as she grows older - she is always waiting for trust to be broken. Your AU Lois is free of that baggage, and thus able to share her heart more easily. It also led to a very sweet story. love

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
One of the things I love about your stories is that you take opportunities/decisions that the series made to create drama/tension/angst and make slight changes that keep that from happening. Groobie pointed out one regarding Lois' father's affair (or near one in this case) but Clark deliberately not seeking Lois out as Superman reduces the "Love Triangle with two people" issue. While Lois rescues will always top his priority list, him stopping by (as Superman) Lois' apartment would reduce Lois' 'Superman fantasy'. Just little things that change the path of their relationship for the better (at least easier).

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Endelda

Awww, this was lovely! So charming and sweet, I love their relationship and the hints about their alt-verse!

In this fic Lois and Clark have know each other for about a year. The Daily Planet is intact and Lex is still around. So who knows what will happen in the next part of the series: Winter.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
FoLC4evernaday

This is such an interesting little snippet into the AU you've created. Thanks so much for sharing Morgana.

Number Two in the series! dance

Last edited by Morgana; 01/03/19 10:39 PM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cuidadora

What a lovely, sweet addition to your AU! So glad to have you posting again.

Happy New Year!

Hey, I couldn't let the year end without writing something! wink Everyone here has been very supportive during some rather bleak days, so it was time to give a little love back.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

So many differences in the lives of these two characters are revealed as the story develops, but I think this one lays the foundation for a change in Lois' relationship with men. Our Lois' inability to trust is deeply rooted in what she witnessed of her parents' marriage. This colors her perception of men as she grows older - she is always waiting for trust to be broken. Your AU Lois is free of that baggage, and thus able to share her heart more easily. It also led to a very sweet story. love

This fic shows what happens when Lois has many positive influences rather than several negative. This way both she and Clark avoid a great deal of grief! Especially when Lana tries to worms her way back into Clark's life. I have never really bothered to write seriously about Scardino ... maybe I should one of these days. smile

Thanks so much for reading!

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

One of the things I love about your stories is that you take opportunities/decisions that the series made to create drama/tension/angst and make slight changes that keep that from happening. Groobie pointed out one regarding Lois' father's affair (or near one in this case) but Clark deliberately not seeking Lois out as Superman reduces the "Love Triangle with two people" issue. While Lois rescues will always top his priority list, him stopping by (as Superman) Lois' apartment would reduce Lois' 'Superman fantasy'. Just little things that change the path of their relationship for the better (at least easier).

Agreed. One of the reasons Lois was so angry with him was because he had played with her emotions by dropping the apartment so often. She felt like a fool. She mentioned after her aborted wedding to Lex Luthor that she was such a good judge of character. It was originally a throwaway line, but she meant it ... and to a certain degree it was true. Otherwise how could Lois have gotten to the top of her profession without that talent?

In any case, I always felt that Lois reacted to the revelation that way out of embarrassment, probably thinking to herself: What? Fooled by a man again?

I appreciate the insight! Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Morgana; 01/08/19 07:39 PM.

Morgana

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
I loved Dax. Good story Morgana

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LadyTpower

I loved Dax. Good story Morgana

Our dog Dax is everything described in the story. She is a lovable big yellow dog with a fluffy tail that wags nonstop! Thanks for the kind words.

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, lovely little WAFFy AU you've created! Dogs tend to bring out the mushy side of people, don't they?

(Also, what is that mother's secret for getting her kids to listen the first time without complaint? Asking for a friend...)

Cute fic, thanks for sharing!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Deadly Chakram

Aww, lovely little WAFFy AU you've created! Dogs tend to bring out the mushy side of people, don't they?

(Also, what is that mother's secret for getting her kids to listen the first time without complaint? Asking for a friend...)

Hey DC! Thanks for the kind words.

What can I say, dogs do bring folks together and yellow Labs are notorious 'guy magnets'. whistle

The bit with the kids was purely wishful thinking on my part. Ellen NEVER got into the car on the first request. Come to think of it, neither did any of my nieces or nephews. thud

Morgana

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a delightful WAFFy story! I love reading about this AU where many mistakes and heartaches are avoided and where the characters behave like adults and not like in a soap opera series...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a friendly Lab is usually the means of uniting them!

Bravo. I hope to read more of your universe pretty soon. smile1

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!
The bond between them was strong enough that when Lex Luthor asked her on a date, she politely, but firmly refused.
dizzy
Edit: Ah, yes, the sequel to Summer.

The results were two-fold: Lois and Clark, the ‘Hottest Team in Town’, were known for more than their connection to Metropolis’ most famous resident and Lois stopped following the Man of Steel with near groupie adulation.
So, she’s now working through Superman’s best friend to get back into the hero’s good graces?

Still, if they were to grew any closer, he and Lois needed to sit down and have an uncomfortable conversation about a very serious subject.
He’s a very patient man they will have to wait for marriage before they can move their relationship further.
wink

As they climbed into the vehicle, the little boy could be heard saying to his mother, “That nice man’s wife was real pretty.”
Oops?

Than Lois broke the silent by bending down and playfully shaking her finger in front of Dax’s nose and said teasingly. “Its all your fault! Labs are such lovable dogs, people see a couple walking one and immediately they think are a family.”
She’s adorable!

Lois said a little wistfully. “He was a charmer that one. I wonder how he’ll ask a girl out on a date when he’s old enough?”
Well, that’s a hint if I ever saw one!

Awww, well that was a cute one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Millefeuilles

What a delightful WAFFy story! I love reading about this AU where many mistakes and heartaches are avoided and where the characters behave like adults and not like in a soap opera series...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a friendly Lab is usually the means of uniting them!

Bravo. I hope to read more of your universe pretty soon. smile1

Thank you so much for the kind comment, especially since your workload is so heavy. Every time you visit and comment it is a treat for the rest of us. grin

In my stories, the characters do act like adults, not soap opera characters who drag out the suspense to an unnatural degree. Real people actually have heartfelt conversations and hopefully figure out them out without driving themselves (and the readers) crazy.

Hey, do I read a little Jane Austin in that sentence about yellow labs? So very true. They are the best family dog ever! Walking Dax on autumn evenings in my neighborhood was never a quick experience, children would come up to her and ask if she could be petted. While that was going on, I would chat with the parents. Very relaxing and rewarding!

Thanks so much for wanting to step into this small alternative universe where Lois, Clark and their friends live. If you want to read more check out my Visitor series on the archives. Yes, everyone, that was a shameless plug! wave

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

Quote:

Lois said a little wistfully. “He was a charmer that one. I wonder how he’ll ask a girl out on a date when he’s old enough?”
Well, that’s a hint if I ever saw one!

Awww, well that was a cute one!

Thank you! It only took six hours to write this story! I had a lot of fun doing it

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard