Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#282807 12/09/18 01:00 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Has anyone ever explored a fic where Clark and Lois have a telepathic connection... But it starts way earlier in canon? The closest thing I can think of is VirginaR's Wrong Clark series (or the other one, can't remember the name), but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

So. Your mission, should you choose to accept it....

Lois or Clark start hearing each other's thoughts in their head, as early as season 1. They think they're going crazy until someone finally snaps and brings it up. Maybe Lois won't stop daydreaming about Superman, maybe Clark has a song stuck in his head, maybe it's a strong burst of anger that suddenly strikes Lois when they're in the presence of Lex Luthor... You decide! Long or short as you'd like. laugh

Have fun!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, there's I Was Just Thinking by Teeej on the dark side of the boards. It might just be the gold standard for mischief with telepathy.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Instead of Season 1 how about all their lives.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by dcarson
Instead of Season 1 how about all their lives.

Brilliantly done for Alt-Clark and Alt-Lois in Nothing Is Impossible by BJ.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I think Terry Leatherwood's The Road Taken is along these lines.

Shallowford
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
The Road Taken doesn't have any telepathy in it, but Further On Down the Road (part 2) and The End of the Road (part 3) both do. In fact, the telepathic link is one of the big differences between Lois and Lana.

I'm not sure these tales would meet your challenge criteria, Mouse, since it's so far away from canon on a number of levels. But I got some good feedback on them and two Kerth noms on them, so I know they're not puppy kibble.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
OK, I have sequels on the brain. As Terry said, this one is far away from canon too but it is a great read, just like my other suggestion.

In Yvonne Connel's Damaged (i.e. part two of Addicted and Damaged) Alt-Clark has some telepathic dealings with Lois. 'Nuff said, no spoilers here. smirk

Shallowford
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I remember a few fics in the N section that went that way, but for the life of me, I can't remember them.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Well, there's I Was Just Thinking by Teeej on the dark side of the boards. It might just be the gold standard for mischief with telepathy.

wave Michael

I miss her fics! Any idea where the rest of the one I'm thinking of (can't remember the name but if I looked it up, I'd probably remember) went to? Wa there any plans to finish or is this one case where someone will have to try and use her outline to continue it?

Telepathy in Season 1... I imagine it would have to be during moments of heavy stress but here;s my ideas of moments that they might have connected.

Pilot: When he first meets Lois. When she bursts in, there's a moment where he's surprised (many say this is the moment he falls for her) and she pretty much blows him off. If it's telepathy, she's projecting but he's very obviously not "transmitting" if you were. How would this be a different moment? Then there's two moments of high stress when I could see a potential connections could be made. 1) when they are about to be blown up and 2) When she is in the shuttle

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What I'm thinking for pre show is that for young Clark it is just another reason he isn't normal because he has a voice he can talk with in his head. It might though let hem be less afraid of his powers because Lois would be the type to encourage his use of them.

Lois on the other hand having someone she can (and has to) talk to about things would change her in many ways growing up.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I miss her fics! Any idea where the rest of the one I'm thinking of (can't remember the name but if I looked it up, I'd probably remember) went to? Wa there any plans to finish or is this one case where someone will have to try and use her outline to continue it?
Oh right, yes! The Care and Training of Concubines. Totally forgot that there's telepathy in there, too. The last update was part 19 in 2008 frown

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Between this board and Zoom's board I was able to find TCaToC through chapter 21, and also found where it was posted for adoption here (if anyone wants to pick up the ball and run with it, I guess)

Last edited by Endelda; 12/22/18 11:09 PM. Reason: Note: that link is to the local nfic board

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
I love the telepathy thing in this show and it's sad that it was never used again after BGDF.
I can remember some fics where Clark can telepathically communicate with his descendants (Dagger series, Home series, Parent trap, Tales from the Krypt, Matchmaker Chronicles).
In the Dagger universe it's established that Kryptonians are ables to communicate with their human soulmates if they try hard to learn it (in this Case, Lois and Clark and also Marta and Wyatt).
Then, there is the great funny "Memories" by Bob Bartholomew, which shows the danger of telepathy on a special way.
I can also remember a NK-Story where Clark learns to talk to Lois while he is in prison, must research the name later.
Oh, and of course Dawn Fields Krypton-Series, where Kal/Clark gets to know Lois as an adult and shares a telepathic connection with her. Very well done and readable.
Your challenge brought me to a story idea for an episode rewrite to a certain S2-episode, but i won't say more now because perhapt I will right it...

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Okay. I took up the challenge and started my rewrite of a well-known episode. Just here:
http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/283490

Have fun!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard