Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
That's it, it's done!

Thanks to everyone who's read and commented on our slightly bizarre crossover- I hope you enjoyed it!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nicely done. I love the ambiguity you left wondering which confession Clark is going to give in his talk with Lois.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks Val! It never occurred to me that the ending was ambiguous, because I knew exactly what he was on his way to confess (but I'm for sure not telling now! rotflol )

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the fdk! grin

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just posted comments over on AO3, which is where I read this, but then I had to come over here to see what other Lucifer fans are lurking in FoLCdom, LOL.

Oh my Lucifer's dad, someone wrote an L&C/Lucifer crossover!! I'm flailing, I tell you ... flailing!

I enjoyed this story very much. Kudos to you both! The parallels between the two couples and their secrets are pretty strong, so it's nice to see this recognized. I was really hoping that Lucifer would help Clark find evidence on Lex -- welching on a deal aside, Lucifer would not be able to abide by Lex's crimes -- so I was quite pleased to see that part. And I like that you drew the parallel to Marcus being Lucifer's version of Lex; that whole S3 arc, I kept seeing similarities to BatP/HoL, so I'm glad I wasn't alone there.

I admit, I also got a kick of our Lois & Clark looking at Pierce and thinking "geez, what a jerk." (OK, I actually thought a much more Lucifer term, but I'm not sure the boards will let me use that word here, hahaha.) Probably as much of a kick as I did when, on the show, Lucifer told Pierce they needed to find his Kryptonite. lol

And the ending, with Lucifer's text, was PERFECT. smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I very much enjoyed this story. I'm sad there are no more Lucifer stories for me since I don't Netflix.
Make some more stories, Please?
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Great story with excellent characterization. Next story will be them all pairing up again with Chloe and Lois learning the secrets of the two friends. This time in metropolis. You guys can write that one, right?

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Ooh, feedback!

Val- I have to agree with E, I didn't see the ambiguity, but then we knew exactly what we meant! lol And thank you smile

KathyB- the more I watch Lucifer, the more parallels to L&C I seem to find! (No wonder Lucifer resonates so strongly with me). Loving how many Lucifans we seem to have drawn out of the woodwork with this one.
I can hazard a guess at your reaction to Pierce- I'm guessing it's very similar to mine rotflol
Thanks very much! It's actually my first attempt at co-writing a story, and our styles just seemed to gel.

Artemis- maybe you'll get lucky and they'll bring S4 out on DVD eventually? I'm glad you enjoyed our story though smile

AndyG- Thank you! We worked really hard on the characterisation, so I'm glad you think it paid off smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Endelda
Thanks Val! It never occurred to me that the ending was ambiguous, because I knew exactly what he was on his way to confess (but I'm for sure not telling now! rotflol )

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the fdk! grin

Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Ooh, feedback!

Val- I have to agree with E, I didn't see the ambiguity, but then we knew exactly what we meant! lol And thank you smile

It's ambiguous in the fact that he's harboring two secrets:

1) How he really feels about Lois
2) He's Superman

The question is....does he confess both? Does he confess one? If it's just one which secret?

evil I'm just going to leave this here and let these unanswered questions bother you both until someone's muse can't stand it any longer....

**jeopardy theme plays**

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
Awwwwwwww! A perfect ending to this somewhat sweet, devilish tale!

I really loved this crossover fic so much! You struck just the right balance between the two shows, not favoring one any more than the other... Not to mention the parallels between the two shows are staggering.

Very well done. I feel you left it open enough for a potential sequel, but at the same time you wrapped it appears up nicely. Lucifer and Clark getting on so well was great, as was the scene of Lois and Lucifer running off together to cause trouble... Er... Investigate. Yeah. That's what it was.

All in all, it was a great ride! Excellent character development, your plot was well thought out and plopped into just the right spot in the LnC timeline... Plus, you may have inadvertently recruited another Lucifan. devil

Fantastic job you two!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap Wonderful! Would have been nice to see Lois completely dodge the Lex-bullet, but still a good ending. smile I've never seen Lucifer, but the story was very easy to follow and gave me enough information about who was who without feeling too expositiony. Good work! And it's both wonderful and hilarious that Clark is BFFs with the devil. Again, Kudos!

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Queenie!

I don't recall that we ever really considered having her dodge that bullet, we were mostly wanting to slip this into existing canon without causing too many ripples.

I'm glad to hear that it was enjoyable for non-Lucifans without feeling like a massive info dump!

And Clark and the Devil becoming friends was the initial idea that drove me to pester Feli until she agreed to co-write this, so I'm extra glad that you enjoyed that part grin

Thanks for reading! [Linked Image]

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi ladies!

So I finally made my way through your story over the course of the week - interrupted by kids, Halloween, and the plague going through my house, of course. And I was very confused at first, since I'm not a Lucifer watcher. But it got easier as I went on and I have to admit, watching Clark (of all people!) befriend the Devil was something I never saw coming and found hilarious all at once. It's an interesting dynamic between them, so much in common and so much the exact opposite.

I did wonder from the beginning, and I think you kind of touched on it a bit...all of what is happening to Lucifer might *not* actually be God being a crummy parent, but His way of testing Lucifer and letting him earn absolution.

Nice work and seamlessly - I have NO idea which of you wrote what. And that is a HARD thing to accomplish! Congrats!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Feli and Endela!

It’s really over already? What a great ride it has been smile1 On to the epilogue, then.

Luthor was dead (and thanks to a timely word to a powerful friend, certain to stay that way no matter who’d stolen his remains from the morgue),
rotflol
/imagines Lex having to watch Lois and Clark being all lovey-dovey while Clark strips his shirt for Lois/

It was refreshing to have another man around who knew what it was like to deal with greater-than-human abilities and having the world either not know about or not acknowledge the challenges of inhumanity.
Plus, Lucifer can recommend a great shrink who can help with problems in the relationship department.

Between a few surreptitious flights when Lois and Chloe were busy and a series of increasingly frequent texts, Clark felt like they were building a solid friendship.
Awwwwww!

Chloe was visible over his shoulder, dressed in pyjamas and scowling at the camera from under unkempt hair as she ate her breakfast.
rotflol He’s learning boundaries! The selfie’s not of him and Chloe in bed.

The message was short and to the point.

‘I swear you won’t regret it’
laugh

Clark stared at the image as a grin slowly spread across his face, then got out of his chair to go find Lois.

He had important things to tell her.
LOIS: Clark! What the devil’s gotten into you?

Very adorable ending clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard