Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#282197 10/08/18 09:06 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The final part in the “Shattered” series. We see Lois and Clark both face up to their faults and have a long-awaited conversation. Set after “Resurrection” in canon.

Hold On

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

All comments are welcome.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
Aww! Very well done! clap A much needed talk indeed. The way you capture their personalities is perfect, and I like how you dive into both of their thoughts this time. Hopefully that coffee will do them both some good wink

Great conclusion to this little trilogy!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nicely done! They both need to talk before they both ruin the best thing that's ever happened to them. I love how they are both distracted to the point of being blind to the movie/date. Now, let's how they both act like adults and clear the air at that coffee talk. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Ooh now I’m trying to imagine what they would have talked about over that coffee! Nice ending though and much preferable to the episode so I hope that in the end Lois tells Scardino to back off

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yup, sometimes you have to hold on ... and talk. Neat wrap-up to the trilogy!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Yes, communication! Something they often lacked in the series. I def like your version of events better. Well done!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Aww! Very well done! clap A much needed talk indeed. The way you capture their personalities is perfect, and I like how you dive into both of their thoughts this time. Hopefully that coffee will do them both some good wink

Great conclusion to this little trilogy!

Thanks Mouse!

So glad you enjoyed this series. This part of the show was heartbreaking and giving these two an opportunity to talk about what's weighing on their mind is the first step to resolving things.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Nicely done! They both need to talk before they both ruin the best thing that's ever happened to them. I love how they are both distracted to the point of being blind to the movie/date. Now, let's how they both act like adults and clear the air at that coffee talk. smile

Hey Vicki,

Yeah, when you have a lot on your mind it's hard to focus on anything else, isn't it? I'm glad you enjoyed my take on this piece.

Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Ooh now I’m trying to imagine what they would have talked about over that coffee! Nice ending though and much preferable to the episode so I hope that in the end Lois tells Scardino to back off

Hey Crazy_Babe,

Yeah, I tried to leave it up to the reader to determine how that conversation would have gone. So glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Yup, sometimes you have to hold on ... and talk. Neat wrap-up to the trilogy!

Thanks Morgana,

Yes the key to any relationship is communication.

Originally Posted by jackiek
Yes, communication! Something they often lacked in the series. I def like your version of events better. Well done!

Hey jackiek,

I agree completely. Many issues would have resloved if someone had just opened up their mouth and started talking sooner rather than later.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Delurking for a short while to post a short comment to this wonderful "little" series. (At present, I cannot find the time to read longish fics, as RL is absolutely and madly hectic after a dreadfully busy summer at the office. So, it’s just short fics reading for me, while commuting to/from work.)

AT LONG LAST, our favourite heroes are behaving like adults and not cardboard human beings in line for a soap opera... smile1 It makes this reader quite glad, and very curious to hear that long awaited talk... <Wink-wink Nudge-nudge>

And, is it my perception of him or does this Dan feel more irksome than most of his other fictional avatars?

Loved the little touches like
The movie—if you could even call it that had been a waste of time. Clark Kent knew from the moment he sat down next to Lois in the dark theater there was something off. She seemed distant. The normal things she’d typically laugh at had barely cracked a smile from her.

And the end dialogue is the beginning of real communication. Yay! A real couple does need it to thrive. I’m glad they’ve grown up enough to realize it.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
Delurking for a short while to post a short comment to this wonderful "little" series. (At present, I cannot find the time to read longish fics, as RL is absolutely and madly hectic after a dreadfully busy summer at the office. So, it’s just short fics reading for me, while commuting to/from work.)

AT LONG LAST, our favourite heroes are behaving like adults and not cardboard human beings in line for a soap opera... smile1 It makes this reader quite glad, and very curious to hear that long awaited talk... <Wink-wink Nudge-nudge>

And, is it my perception of him or does this Dan feel more irksome than most of his other fictional avatars?

Loved the little touches like
The movie—if you could even call it that had been a waste of time. Clark Kent knew from the moment he sat down next to Lois in the dark theater there was something off. She seemed distant. The normal things she’d typically laugh at had barely cracked a smile from her.

And the end dialogue is the beginning of real communication. Yay! A real couple does need it to thrive. I’m glad they’ve grown up enough to realize it.

Hey Mille! wave

So good to see a post from you.

Totally get it about RL. Glad you took the time to read my little fic though.

Yes, these two need a neon sign and someone locking them in a closet to make them talk, don't they? The soap opera should be titled "Miscommunication"

I'm not sure. I didn't write Dan in any of these fics, just focused on what he'd said or done in Resurrection. I guess seeing Lois go back and forth with everything makes him more irksome?

I'm so glad you enjoyed this one Mille. Hope real life slows down a little for you. Thanks for stopping by.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I'm not sure. I didn't write Dan in any of these fics, just focused on what he'd said or done in Resurrection. I guess seeing Lois go back and forth with everything makes him more irksome?

I'm so glad you enjoyed this one Mille. Hope real life slows down a little for you. Thanks for stopping by.

I'm afraid that I wrote in too much haste and not with enough precision: I do know that Dan isn't in your fic, but Lois's attitude about him makes the character even more irksome than in the series: I guess the actor has such a ridiculously funny ebullient presence on screen that the audience just knows that Lois will see the light in the end. (After all the series is called "Lois and Clark"!) Yet, you made Clark's angst and Lois's vacillations much more tangible than on tv... notworthy

I'll come back on the boards asap. I miss you guys!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww! This was sweet. smile

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard