Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#281225 07/04/18 11:03 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So, if you recall there were some loose ends left on one of my shorter fics. "In Too Deep"

Thanks to some prodding and hilarious convos and not enough caffeine a seed was planted for this one. This is just for fits and giggles. I hope you all enjoy it. Thanks again to Mouserocks and Endelda for the idea.

Story is here

[Linked Image]

All comments are welcome. Hope you all enjoy and for those of you in the US have a safe 4th of July. thumbsup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
clap Yay! You posted! I loved it!

The words were simple. Three words Clark Kent’s heart had been aching to hear from Lois Lane’s lips for nearly three years
Awwwwwwww. So sweet. Warms my heart right from the start.

She turned her chair toward the door and caught the annoyed expression on Clark’s face. He seemed to be holding back before his face relaxed and he retorted with an even, “I wasn’t planning on it.”
Haha, love that she can read his face so we'll, although he's probably not doing much to hide it.

Lois tightened her jaw staring back at the oblivious DEA Agent as she shook her head, “I have plans tonight,” she glanced back at Clark with a smile. “We have plans.”
Haha, yeah! Scram, Dan, you homewrecker you!

but he knew from experience just because he could cook a filet at super-speed didn’t mean he should.
lol smart boy.

She should be feeling so many emotions at this point but strangely she found herself unable to focus on anything other than the look of despair in Clark’s eyes this morning when he’d finally spoken up.
Love how vague you played it. We're used to seeing her mad about the revelation, so this is a nice change of pace. Plus the detail of the despair in his eyes is great. *Pats Clark on the head* There, there. She doesn't want the out, it'll be fine.

The memory of his heartbroken expression after his confession in the park so many months ago crept up to the forefront of her mind
So sad and sweet that that moment stays with her so strongly, that she still doesn't like thinking about it.

She took a bite of her potatoes and made a grimace. “Oh, I guess I let it sit too long.” She pushed the plate toward him, “Would you mind giving this a quick warmup with your thingamajig?”
laugh rotflol Her timing is impeccable. Beat him to the punch, right when he was about to spill all.

"Oh, don’t give me that look, Clark,” Lois gave him a knowing smile, “Did you really think I wouldn’t figure it out?”

clap perfect! I loved it! The ending leaving off here leaves it so light and funny. Great job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Hahahahaha that was awesome!!!

I don’t know which I liked more- Lois shutting Dan down so thoroughly, the waffiness, or the revelation at the end.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Valerie!

So, a sequel to In Too Deep?.../checks FDK/ Huh, who’d have thunk?

“Just don’t leave town, Kent,” Scardino joked patting him on the shoulder rougher than necessary.

‘Patience,’ he reminded himself, squashing the urge to throw back a sarcastic retort. “I wasn’t planning on it.”
That’s great!

The clearing of Dan Scardino’s throat from behind them pulled her out of the trance she’d fallen under, staring into Clark Kent’s eyes. She could lose herself in those eyes for all eternity. She had fallen hard.
Isn’t it interesting how it was the same with Superman’s eyes, just a few months earlier?
LOIS: Hey, are you calling me fickle?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

He wasn’t convinced but decided not to push the issue. He took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for the task at hand, “You know, I’m actually glad you suggested a low-key dinner tonight. There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you. I’ve wanted to tell you for a long time now but…”

She took a bite of her potatoes and made a grimace. “Oh, I guess I let it sit too long.” She pushed the plate toward him, “Would you mind giving this a quick warmup with your thingamajig?”
shock

“Oh, don’t give me that look, Clark,” Lois gave him a knowing smile, “Did you really think I wouldn’t figure it out?”
rotflol

That was lots of fun! Now I wonder how long she had known? And did she dump Dan before or after she figured it out?

CLARK: Great, here come the doubts…

And what if Clark hadn’t opened up and she had known and chosen Dan. Well…kinda chosen him, the way she did on the show. evil

CLARK: Now that’s just mean!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
What a lovely little story, and a great ending! Looks like I'll have to go and read In Too Deep now as well. smile

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Hahaha that was great! Well done!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
clap Yay! You posted! I loved it!
Awwwwwwww. So sweet. Warms my heart right from the start.

I did promise WAFFY!

Haha, love that she can read his face so well, although he's probably not doing much to hide it.

Yeah, she needs to rescue Clark before he throttles Dan.

Haha, yeah! Scram, Dan, you homewrecker you!

Nobody wants you here, Danny boy!

lol smart boy.

Yes, even Superman has to take his time when cooking red meat.

Love how vague you played it. We're used to seeing her mad about the revelation, so this is a nice change of pace. Plus the detail of the despair in his eyes is great. *Pats Clark on the head* There, there. She doesn't want the out, it'll be fine.

Thanks. She's processing a lot of things here. His admission from that morning, her recent uncovering of the revelation, and her own feelings. It's a lot to digest.

So sad and sweet that that moment stays with her so strongly, that she still doesn't like thinking about it.

She broke his heart so completely and thorougly and that was a turning point for both of them. It'd make sense it still pops up in her mind.

laugh rotflol Her timing is impeccable. Beat him to the punch, right when he was about to spill all.

That's all she needed. A hint that he was going to tell her.

clap perfect! I loved it! The ending leaving off here leaves it so light and funny. Great job!

Thanks Mouse! Glad you enjoyed this one. Thanks for reading and helping plant the idea with the bantering.

Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Hahahahaha that was awesome!!!

I don’t know which I liked more- Lois shutting Dan down so thoroughly, the waffiness, or the revelation at the end.

Aw, thanks NK! smile1 Glad you enjoyed the shut down of Dan and the comical revelation.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Valerie!

So, a sequel to In Too Deep?.../checks FDK/ Huh, who’d have thunk?

“Just don’t leave town, Kent,” Scardino joked patting him on the shoulder rougher than necessary.

‘Patience,’ he reminded himself, squashing the urge to throw back a sarcastic retort. “I wasn’t planning on it.”
That’s great!
Do not squash Scardino like the bug he is. Do not squash Scardino like the bug he is. grumble grumble

The clearing of Dan Scardino’s throat from behind them pulled her out of the trance she’d fallen under, staring into Clark Kent’s eyes. She could lose herself in those eyes for all eternity. She had fallen hard.
Isn’t it interesting how it was the same with Superman’s eyes, just a few months earlier?
LOIS: Hey, are you calling me fickle?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Shhh...[Linked Image] no planting ideas like that in poor Clark's head.

He wasn’t convinced but decided not to push the issue. He took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for the task at hand, “You know, I’m actually glad you suggested a low-key dinner tonight. There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you. I’ve wanted to tell you for a long time now but…”

shock

[Linked Image]Whoops! [Linked Image]

“Oh, don’t give me that look, Clark,” Lois gave him a knowing smile, “Did you really think I wouldn’t figure it out?”
rotflol

That was lots of fun! Now I wonder how long she had known? And did she dump Dan before or after she figured it out?

CLARK: Great, here come the doubts…

And what if Clark hadn’t opened up and she had known and chosen Dan. Well…kinda chosen him, the way she did on the show. evil

CLARK: Now that’s just mean!

wave Michael

See, there's a ton of ways you could go. I like to think that she figured it out that morning. But who knows? Now you get to play with it and have a good laugh. The lovely world of waffy endings and deer in headlights expressions. [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Alisha Knight
What a lovely little story, and a great ending! Looks like I'll have to go and read In Too Deep now as well. smile

Thanks for stopping by and reading. Glad you enjoyed this one. clap

Originally Posted by jackiek
Hahaha that was great! Well done!

Glad I could give you a good laugh, jackiek! rotflol

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile1

Now that’s my idea of a wrecking ball! Lois jumped into the deep end with the proper effect on Clark!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
smile1

Now that’s my idea of a wrecking ball! Lois jumped into the deep end with the proper effect on Clark!

Hence the title, Morgana! rotflol I'm glad you enjoyed the twist.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
[…]
Flabbergasted, then rotflol
Loooooooooove it! Lois is the BEST and you have FABULOUS comedy timing. notworthy

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
[…]
Flabbergasted, then rotflol
Loooooooooove it! Lois is the BEST and you have FABULOUS comedy timing. notworthy

LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed a comedic relief that I felt was needed. Revelations gone wrong can be angsty but I figured a little comedy couldn't hurt. rotflol

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard