Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#280965 06/13/18 05:19 AM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Recently, my beloved husband, Ted suffered a heart attack. Thankfully, due to the heroic efforts of an excellent ER staff he is still with us. Our family and friends have rallied around and are helping with supermarket runs and a dozen of other little things that need to continue despite such an upset in our lives.

This event came as a complete shock to both of us and we are still picking up the pieces. That having been said, my presence on the boards will be greatly reduced. I probably won’t even be in lurker mode. Working with my fellow writers for the past eight years who have a deep love for the characters of this series has been a joy. Erin Klingler told me that the people in this fandom are nice and incredibly helpful. Her gentle words have proven to be very true.

Now my focus is on helping my spouse navigate getting better. He was already walking four miles a day, before this happened, but now he has to restructure exercise, diet and workstyle.

So, for the time being I am stepping back and taking a breath. It is so neat that old-timers have returned to the msbs with comments and new stories. Hopefully I will be back before too long, this has always been a happy place to go when RL gets a little wearisome.

Take care FoLC’s! wave

Last edited by Morgana; 07/11/18 08:44 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana #280966 06/13/18 07:20 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Morgana,

Of course real life and family should definitely comes first. I imagine I am not alone when I say that we understand, that you will be missed on the boards, and that you and Ted will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for all you have given to this community, and I hope to see you back here in the future, when RL has settled down and you and Ted have developed a "new normal".

Take care,
Lynn

Morgana #280967 06/13/18 08:43 AM
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Morgana

Of course, your family has to be the priority! While we will definitely miss you here, we understand, and we will be thinking of you and Ted.

Hugs to you, to Ted, and to your family, and my best wishes for a smooth recovery process.

Love,
Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Morgana #280968 06/13/18 08:49 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Best wishes to you and your family.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana #280969 06/13/18 12:33 PM
Kerth
Kerth
So sorry to hear that Morgana! Definitely will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of Ted and yourself in this time. You've always been there for me with a line of encouragement so I hope you know I'm always here if you need a listening ear.

Love you! sloppy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Morgana #280972 06/13/18 03:57 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Of course your family is your first priority. Please also take care of yourself each day and continue to let others help you. Giving care to a loved one can be the best and hardest thing you ever do. Sending you virtual hugs and prayers for healing.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana #280973 06/13/18 04:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So sorry to hear about your husband. Coming back from a heart attack takes its toll on not only the patient but the family and friends. Be sure to take time for yourself throughout this journey and ask for help when needed. Just know we're all here for you if and when you need us. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Just take it one day at a time. He may not get back to walking 4 miles a day overnight but he'll get there.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Morgana #280977 06/13/18 08:44 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm sorry to hear about your husband, and I hope he makes a safe and speedy recovery.

I look forward to getting to know you better when things have settled down a bit for the both of you smile

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Morgana #280978 06/13/18 09:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So sorry to hear about your husband's recent health struggle, Morgana. I will be praying for you both, and I hope that he is feeling better soon. Thank you for commenting on my stories, both here on the mbs and through email. Your comments were always encouraging and made me feel so much better as I posted my first story in years! I certainly appreciated it. I hope that you are able to come back around soon!

Take care of yourself and your family!

Tracey smile

Morgana #280982 06/13/18 11:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh no! I'm so, so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I'll be praying for you both, for swift healing and tons of strength. I don't blame you one bit for taking a step back. You've got way more important things to focus on. Still, we'll all be here if you need a mental break and when he fully recovers.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Morgana #280988 06/14/18 05:00 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I'm sorry for your struggles and I'll be praying for you both. You are appreciated and your reduced presence will be felt, but your priorities are right. Persevere but don't be shy about asking for help, either.

Shallowford
Morgana #280989 06/14/18 05:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chère Morgana,
I’m so sorry for your husband’s health issues and my thoughts and prayers go with you both…
You’ll be sorely missed on these boards… Thank so very much for having me feel so welcome in this joyful place, and for encouraging my fanfic writings.
I do hope that Life will be easier for Ted and for you, and that rest and Love will do wonders!
Fond wishes and hugs and many sloppy,
Millefeuilles

Morgana #280993 06/15/18 01:48 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's health issues. I'll keep the both of you in my thoughts and prayers and hope for swift recovery.

Joan

Morgana #280994 06/15/18 04:10 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
My dear Morgana,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! Wishing him a speedy recovery, and strength to you and your family.

All my love,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Morgana #281060 06/18/18 10:48 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I’m so sorry. Wishing your husband a full and fast recovery. Sending tons of love your way.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Morgana #281140 06/27/18 04:03 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks to all of you. Hoping to get a few moments to respond to everyone's kind comments. love

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana #281175 06/30/18 10:09 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good luck to your husband -- heart attacks suck. Good luck to you, too.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana #281342 07/11/18 09:29 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As promised, I wanted to say a great thank you to everyone who has dropped a line or sent an e-mail with kind thoughts. They really made me smile through some rather gloomy days.

Ted is recovering slowly. The heart sustained no damage, but the cardiologist did have to place a stint into his left ventricular. Nonetheless, there is still three months of cardio rehabilitation ahead of him. Poor guy. He is allowing his body to heal itself and will probably not return to work for another month.

In the beginning took short walks of only 500 steps and that took a great deal out of him. But now he's able to walk 1,000 steps. It is not where he wants to be, but each day is a joy. A close family friend was here for a week, making veggie meals, helping with chores I had abandoned for a month and generally making our lives a little easier and helping us reach for the 'new' normal.

The Bible has always been a source of comfort and encouragement to us and it has really been a help at this time! We both appreciate everyone prayers and tender concerns.

Made a few comments today and hope to make a few more in the weeks ahead, although it will not be the same as my previous output.

All of you, please take care. Give those you cherish and love a big, hug! love

Morgana

Morgana #281343 07/11/18 11:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad to hear his recovery is chugging along. I'm sure it must be a bit frustrating for him to have limits, but to double his steps is amazing! It's also awesome that his heart is undamaged.

My prayers for his continued recovery. I'm so glad you have what sounds like a great support system by you.

I look forward to seeing you back on the boards, but it's totally understandable that it will be in a limited fashion while you both find your new normal.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Morgana #281347 07/12/18 07:33 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Morgana,

Welcome back. Thank you for sharing your good news with us, and may Ted's progress continue apace.

Joy,
Lynn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard