Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Morgana Stepping Aside - 06/13/18 09:19 AM
Recently, my beloved husband, Ted suffered a heart attack. Thankfully, due to the heroic efforts of an excellent ER staff he is still with us. Our family and friends have rallied around and are helping with supermarket runs and a dozen of other little things that need to continue despite such an upset in our lives.

This event came as a complete shock to both of us and we are still picking up the pieces. That having been said, my presence on the boards will be greatly reduced. I probably won’t even be in lurker mode. Working with my fellow writers for the past eight years who have a deep love for the characters of this series has been a joy. Erin Klingler told me that the people in this fandom are nice and incredibly helpful. Her gentle words have proven to be very true.

Now my focus is on helping my spouse navigate getting better. He was already walking four miles a day, before this happened, but now he has to restructure exercise, diet and workstyle.

So, for the time being I am stepping back and taking a breath. It is so neat that old-timers have returned to the msbs with comments and new stories. Hopefully I will be back before too long, this has always been a happy place to go when RL gets a little wearisome.

Take care FoLC’s! wave
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Stepping Aside - 06/13/18 11:20 AM
Hello Morgana,

Of course real life and family should definitely comes first. I imagine I am not alone when I say that we understand, that you will be missed on the boards, and that you and Ted will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for all you have given to this community, and I hope to see you back here in the future, when RL has settled down and you and Ted have developed a "new normal".

Take care,
Lynn
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: Stepping Aside - 06/13/18 12:43 PM
Morgana

Of course, your family has to be the priority! While we will definitely miss you here, we understand, and we will be thinking of you and Ted.

Hugs to you, to Ted, and to your family, and my best wishes for a smooth recovery process.

Love,
Feli
Posted By: groobie Re: Stepping Aside - 06/13/18 12:49 PM
Best wishes to you and your family.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Stepping Aside - 06/13/18 04:33 PM
So sorry to hear that Morgana! Definitely will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of Ted and yourself in this time. You've always been there for me with a line of encouragement so I hope you know I'm always here if you need a listening ear.

Love you! sloppy
Posted By: cuidadora Re: Stepping Aside - 06/13/18 07:57 PM
Of course your family is your first priority. Please also take care of yourself each day and continue to let others help you. Giving care to a loved one can be the best and hardest thing you ever do. Sending you virtual hugs and prayers for healing.

Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: Stepping Aside - 06/13/18 08:05 PM
So sorry to hear about your husband. Coming back from a heart attack takes its toll on not only the patient but the family and friends. Be sure to take time for yourself throughout this journey and ask for help when needed. Just know we're all here for you if and when you need us. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Just take it one day at a time. He may not get back to walking 4 miles a day overnight but he'll get there.
Posted By: Endelda Re: Stepping Aside - 06/14/18 12:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your husband, and I hope he makes a safe and speedy recovery.

I look forward to getting to know you better when things have settled down a bit for the both of you smile
Posted By: traceylynn Re: Stepping Aside - 06/14/18 01:19 AM
So sorry to hear about your husband's recent health struggle, Morgana. I will be praying for you both, and I hope that he is feeling better soon. Thank you for commenting on my stories, both here on the mbs and through email. Your comments were always encouraging and made me feel so much better as I posted my first story in years! I certainly appreciated it. I hope that you are able to come back around soon!

Take care of yourself and your family!

Tracey smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Stepping Aside - 06/14/18 03:10 AM
Oh no! I'm so, so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I'll be praying for you both, for swift healing and tons of strength. I don't blame you one bit for taking a step back. You've got way more important things to focus on. Still, we'll all be here if you need a mental break and when he fully recovers.
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Stepping Aside - 06/14/18 09:00 AM
I'm sorry for your struggles and I'll be praying for you both. You are appreciated and your reduced presence will be felt, but your priorities are right. Persevere but don't be shy about asking for help, either.
Posted By: Millefeuilles Re: Stepping Aside - 06/14/18 09:39 AM
Chère Morgana,
I’m so sorry for your husband’s health issues and my thoughts and prayers go with you both…
You’ll be sorely missed on these boards… Thank so very much for having me feel so welcome in this joyful place, and for encouraging my fanfic writings.
I do hope that Life will be easier for Ted and for you, and that rest and Love will do wonders!
Fond wishes and hugs and many sloppy,
Millefeuilles
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: Stepping Aside - 06/15/18 05:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's health issues. I'll keep the both of you in my thoughts and prayers and hope for swift recovery.

Joan
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Stepping Aside - 06/15/18 08:10 PM
My dear Morgana,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! Wishing him a speedy recovery, and strength to you and your family.

All my love,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: jackiek Re: Stepping Aside - 06/19/18 02:48 AM
I’m so sorry. Wishing your husband a full and fast recovery. Sending tons of love your way.
Posted By: Morgana Re: Stepping Aside - 06/27/18 08:03 PM
Thanks to all of you. Hoping to get a few moments to respond to everyone's kind comments. love
Posted By: Annie B. Re: Stepping Aside - 06/30/18 02:09 PM
Good luck to your husband -- heart attacks suck. Good luck to you, too.
Posted By: Morgana Re: Stepping Aside - 07/12/18 01:29 AM
As promised, I wanted to say a great thank you to everyone who has dropped a line or sent an e-mail with kind thoughts. They really made me smile through some rather gloomy days.

Ted is recovering slowly. The heart sustained no damage, but the cardiologist did have to place a stint into his left ventricular. Nonetheless, there is still three months of cardio rehabilitation ahead of him. Poor guy. He is allowing his body to heal itself and will probably not return to work for another month.

In the beginning took short walks of only 500 steps and that took a great deal out of him. But now he's able to walk 1,000 steps. It is not where he wants to be, but each day is a joy. A close family friend was here for a week, making veggie meals, helping with chores I had abandoned for a month and generally making our lives a little easier and helping us reach for the 'new' normal.

The Bible has always been a source of comfort and encouragement to us and it has really been a help at this time! We both appreciate everyone prayers and tender concerns.

Made a few comments today and hope to make a few more in the weeks ahead, although it will not be the same as my previous output.

All of you, please take care. Give those you cherish and love a big, hug! love
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Stepping Aside - 07/12/18 03:46 AM
Glad to hear his recovery is chugging along. I'm sure it must be a bit frustrating for him to have limits, but to double his steps is amazing! It's also awesome that his heart is undamaged.

My prayers for his continued recovery. I'm so glad you have what sounds like a great support system by you.

I look forward to seeing you back on the boards, but it's totally understandable that it will be in a limited fashion while you both find your new normal.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Stepping Aside - 07/12/18 11:33 AM
Hi Morgana,

Welcome back. Thank you for sharing your good news with us, and may Ted's progress continue apace.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Stepping Aside - 07/12/18 02:23 PM
Yay! Welcome back Morgana! So happy to hear that Ted is on the mend, and to see your name floating around on the boards again.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: Stepping Aside - 07/13/18 11:53 PM
Glad to hear he's doing better!
Posted By: Nan Re: Stepping Aside - 07/18/18 04:34 PM
I just found this thread, and I'm terribly sorry to hear about your husband. I'm glad he's recovering and that there was no heart damage.

It is events like this that make you re-evaluate your priorities in your life, as I discovered some years ago.

My prayers are with you and him.

Nan
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards