Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Part One (I & II) is here
Part Two (III) is here.
Part Three (IV, V & Epilogue) is here.

Thank you for following Sandrine’s adventures till the end… I’d love to read your comments if you want to write them here.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Wonderful!

I enjoyed how Sandrine recognized that Schwarzy-El was really Kal-El (so to speak). I'm not normally one for dream sequences, but yours was a good one.

“Are you a mind reader?” Sandrine exclaimed in alarm.

Clark laughed. “Not yet

Not until Zara and company arrive. Dream Clark might not be a mind-reader, but he appears to have precognition.

I like how Sandrine is thinking about ways she can help Clark misdirect the public, and I would not be at all averse to her visiting Clark in a sequel. I'd be especially interested in seeing Lois's reaction to her. (Just how jealous will she be?)

Clear off some room for more Kerths; I expect this story will win several next year.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I am curious about whether LexArts' funding of Sandrine's work was just a bit of world building or whether it was the seed for a future story.

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 05/21/18 06:55 AM. Reason: Added p.s.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why did Sandrine pull away from people after Clark moved to London? Since she did not have romantic feelings for him? I should think she would consider having met him and enjoying their brief friendship her life would be enriched. After all, since 'Ski Mask Guy' saved her, she should honor that rather than withdrawing that everyone.

Just a thought.

And maybe, just maybe, in time, she could give Clark some little tips, to misdirect his audience, or to point them in the right direction.

Understanding how people saw reality was a great asset. But reality didn’t always have to be the naked truth.

Even angels needed their privacy.

Ouch! Sandrine saw through his disguise! Yes, Clark will definitely need some assistance hiding who he really is. Perhaps it is because of Sandrine's help he is able to keep that identity secret. Hmmm, a visit to Metropolis is definitely on that young woman's horizon.

How jealous will Lois be of this amazing up and coming Frenchwoman?

Last edited by Morgana; 05/21/18 11:31 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you very much, both of you, for reading and commenting. smile1

@ Lynn
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I enjoyed how Sandrine recognized that Schwarzy-El was really Kal-El (so to speak). I'm not normally one for dream sequences, but yours was a good one.
Thanks. I didn’t plan it at all. It just wrote itself… I guess both Sandrine’s and my subconscious were quite busy… wink

Dream Clark might not be a mind-reader, but he appears to have precognition.
Actually, I meant it as a tongue-in-cheek kind of banter… as well as expressing Sandrine's hidden fear. blush

I like how Sandrine is thinking about ways she can help Clark misdirect the public, and I would not be at all averse to her visiting Clark in a sequel. I'd be especially interested in seeing Lois's reaction to her. (Just how jealous will she be?)
The way I plan it, Lois may not be that jealous... Well, not very much. (I hope.) I’m currently writing another kind of fic and Sandrine just popped in, totally unexpectedly. (I fear she may become some recurring character of mine... help)

Clear off some room for more Kerths; I expect this story will win several next year.
How kind of you to say so! I won’t hold my breath, there being so many awesomely talented authors in this fandom, but it’s a lovely thought. Thanks.

p.s., I am curious about whether LexArts' funding of Sandrine's work was just a bit of world building or whether it was the seed for a future story.
laugh Cuidadora had the same reaction… LexArts may pop up in the future also. (At first, it was a way to show that Lex put his eggs in a lot of different baskets.)

@ Morgana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Why did Sandrine pull away from people after Clark moved to London? Since she did not have romantic feelings for him? I should think she would consider having met him and enjoying their brief friendship her life would be enriched. After all, since 'Ski Mask Guy' saved her, she should honor that rather than withdrawing that everyone.
Just a thought.
Oh, zut! This means Part V wasn’t detailed enough. I explained it in
It stung so much that she never understood that she had overreacted, destabilized by her two successive losses: a childhood friend whom she had considered as a brother; a newfound friend from overseas whom she had loved too quickly, because of the disappointment of the first one.
So, not trusting herself, Sandrine disdained all friendly overtures made by her fellow students. Her last months before her graduation were solitary ones.
Losing Clark’s friendship after losing Marc’s has been a shock to Sandrine. She believes she is unable to read / understand people and that she hasn’t the necessary qualities to have and hold friends. She misread Marc when he changed from childhood friend to hopeful lover, and she also believes that Clark fled because he thought she had a crush on him, while she tried to make clear to him that she hadn’t… So, both relationships are a failure in her book. Sandrine’s hurt, she’s overreacting, and she decides to keep people at arm’s length, in order not to be hurt again. Of course, she ends up hurting and isolating herself anyway. It's a testimony of her skill as a film-maker that she manages to do her job.
In fact, it was merely a stupid misunderstanding: Clark really flew away (literally!) because he feared she had / she would recognize him… and he didn’t want Sandrine to know that he didn’t board a plane. (But making all the moves he’d do if he were catching one.)
I agree with you. Sandrine should enjoy life all the more because of the gift Ski Masque Man gave her and enriched with Clark’s friendship. However, sometimes people react badly. Sandrine used Clark’s friendship as a “prop” after her estrangement from Marc, and she is aware of the fact. But, even if she intellectually knows that she would feel doubly deprived when Clark moves on, having his departure sprung on her unexpectedly has left her unable to cope with it properly.
Does that make it any clearer?

Ouch! Sandrine saw through his disguise! Yes, Clark will definitely need some assistance hiding who he really is. Perhaps it is because of Sandrine's help he is able to keep that identity secret. Hmmm, a visit to Metropolis is definitely on that young woman's horizon.
What would be the fun of devising stupid character? wink
As a matter of fact, it's kind of assumed that she obliquely helped with misdirection.

How jealous will Lois be of this amazing up and coming Frenchwoman?
As I said above, having Sandrine meet Lois is definitively in the works.

Kerth
Kerth
Wow! I loved this ending. Brain is a little scattered from when I read it, but it left a strong impression.

Poor Clark, bolting like he did. Poor Sandrine, losing a best friend (again). I love that you had Clark keep in touch, and I think the touch about her worrying if she came across too interested or flirty and driving him away was perfect. They're just friends, and their relationship is an important one to both parties. I was sad to see Clark go, like Sandrine, but I'm glad you had her figure it out in the end.

The dream sequence was very clever. Funny to bring back the little details that seemed off-- that Clark's feet weren't touching the ground, the little misdirections. I love that she figured it out on her own, and I would so love to see more Sandrine in the future, especially in relation to Lois. All I can think of right now, but this was a wonderful story! I'm so glad you wrote this, posted this, and it's beauty and simplicity was just perfect. smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Wow! I loved this ending. Brain is a little scattered from when I read it, but it left a strong impression.
You happy, Me happy: I aim to please… smile1

Poor Clark, bolting like he did. Poor Sandrine, losing a best friend (again). I love that you had Clark keep in touch, and I think the touch about her worrying if she came across too interested or flirty and driving him away was perfect. They're just friends, and their relationship is an important one to both parties.
One of the themes in the fic was the importance of friendship and what influence it may have on one’s life. I figured Clark is too responsible to lead someone on, when he knows he might have to leave very suddenly… I imagine he took care not to encourage the girls he met during his travels.

The dream sequence was very clever. Funny to bring back the little details that seemed off-- that Clark's feet weren't touching the ground, the little misdirections. I love that she figured it out on her own, and I would so love to see more Sandrine in the future, especially in relation to Lois.
Thanks! There were a lot of "angels" in this fic, the only one missing was Mike! smile
I’m (very slowly) beginning to write a fic about Lois and Sandrine’s meeting. Another weird fic, I’m afraid. Well, I'll see how it develops.

All I can think of right now, but this was a wonderful story! I'm so glad you wrote this, posted this, and it's beauty and simplicity was just perfect.
Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard