Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
All I Ask - Part 1

All I Ask - Part 2

All I Ask - Part 3

All I Ask - Part 4

And Part 5 can be found here.

Thanks for sticking with me through this one! It was a fun little ride, and I appreciate each of you who read the story!

Let me know if you have any thoughts on this last part. Thanks so much!

Tracey smile

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww what a sweet ending! Love it!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait...that's the end?! It can't be the end! There's so much more to the story... What happens with Lex?! When does Clark tell her about Superman?! How does she handle it?! Where do they go for their second date?! Don't leave us here! D:

This was a sweet story, but it definitely calls for a continuation!

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a sweet, lovely, chilling (only in some places) story! Brrr, Lex gave me the GradeA+ creeps help; thank goodness Clark was around to save Lois' emotional day love

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have to agree with Queenie, that can't be the end! I mean I understand the idea of leaving the audience with some hanging threads and to use their own imaginations to complete...

You have left:
1. Lois and Clark's romantic future
2. Lex's expected retaliation to Lois' rejection
3. The Daily Planet is still in ruins
4. The Superman reveal
5. Jonathan and Martha's reaction to all this new relationship
6. Even Jimmy and Perry's reaction to the new 'partnership' of Lois and Clark

I loved the story idea but it certainly deserves a continuation or sequel.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ouch. Lois’s and Lex’s discussion was chilling, with Lex at his most dangerous and scary. Lois is beginning to realize that she may have erred in going out with Lex…

“It’s the only interpretation! If you think for one second I’m going to have a boyfriend who feels the need to spy on me, you don’t know me very well.” She didn’t bother to correct his assumption that she was cheating on him with Clark. She and Lex had never said they were exclusive, and he’d known she and Clark were close friends from the start. It wasn’t like she’d accepted his proposal. She was still very much a free woman. “And if this wasn’t over before, it surely is now. Good night.” Furious, she stood up and plucked her purse from where it hung on the chair behind her. She marched towards the glass sliding doors, not caring in the least about what he thought.
Three cheers for Lois!

“Yes. I’m sorry, Lois, but I’m not surprised. Lex treats people like possessions – especially you. I’m sorry if it sounds harsh, but you were a prize to be won for him. Now I’m wondering what comes next.”
So do I… This is why this awesome story asks for a sequel.

“I am worried about you, though! I’m worried about us both. I think he’s… dangerous.” She hated admitting that to him, because she should have seen it. And she called herself a reporter? She’d been so blind. “And I’m so mad because it’s all my fault. I had no business letting it get this far with him. I think I was just so flattered that someone so important would have an interest in me… but I was never thinking marriage, honestly. And tonight… well, I think I caught a glimpse of what he’s capable of, and I don’t like it one bit.”
A fault confessed is half redressed… Trust Clark to make Lois feel better, saying that she wasn’t the only one who was taken in…

Yay! What a lovely, sweet, charming story! Please, don’t let us hanging too long, and pleaaaase, do write a sequel. As Mike wrote, there are too many elements left unresolved.

Kerth
Kerth
Awww! clap clap clap This was such a perfect, sweet, satisfying ending. I, too, want to see more tho! There's so much more to tell with this story! I'd love to see a sequel, but for now, this hit all the right notes.

I love the interaction with Lex and Lois. Weird to love a tense scene like that, but you struck the exct right balance between them. Lex was menacing, genuinely threatening, but Lois held her ground. The fear was palpable when he grabbed her arm and, like Lois, I thought for a moment that he wouldn't let go.

I also love that she ran to Clark. You helped show her feelings and then when she said the words it was perfect. Clark's little reference to being able to handle himself with Lex had me cued up for a reveal, but I'm glad you didn't right away. I like the "I love you" moment as is. Give them a minute to catch their breath before going back out to face the world.

All around, a fantastic return! I hope you've got some more aces hidden up your sleeve, and look forward to reading more!

/Nudges again for a sequel/

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Merriwether
Merriwether
Awww! Even though I've read this multiple times already, I still enjoyed reading it all over again this evening. So sweet! I especially love how they replay the conversation in the park, with a much better outcome. smile And yes, Lex is scary when he doesn't get what he wants ... but I know L&C will somehow manage to bring him down now that they be doing it together. smile

And best of all, even though I don't think a sequel is required -- we can all fill in the gaps with our favorite continuation -- it certainly leaves a great opportunity for one, should the muse strike you. smile

Great job, Tracey!! clap

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you all for commenting!

Aww what a sweet ending! Love it!

Thank you, jackiek! And thank you for reading along!

What a sweet, lovely, chilling (only in some places) story! Brrr, Lex gave me the Grade A+ creeps; thank goodness Clark was around to save Lois' emotional day love

I'm glad to hear that I wrote Lex so that he gave you the creeps! He certainly does that for me, too. Thank you for the lovely compliment, Endelda!

So I hear that there is some call for a continuation:

Wait...that's the end?! It can't be the end! There's so much more to the story... What happens with Lex?! When does Clark tell her about Superman?! How does she handle it?! Where do they go for their second date?! Don't leave us here!

You have left:
1. Lois and Clark's romantic future
2. Lex's expected retaliation to Lois' rejection
3. The Daily Planet is still in ruins
4. The Superman reveal
5. Jonathan and Martha's reaction to all this new relationship
6. Even Jimmy and Perry's reaction to the new 'partnership' of Lois and Clark

Yay! What a lovely, sweet, charming story! Please, don’t let us hanging too long, and pleaaaase, do write a sequel. As Mike wrote, there are too many elements left unresolved.

Thanks, Queen of the Capes, for reading! I hear your questions. And Mike, you even left me a list! lol. Mille, I'm glad that you felt it was a charming story but it did have some unresolved elements. I do see where you all are coming from! Honestly, when I sent Kathy this last part, I said that I knew I left threads hanging, and if they needed to be tied in order for the story to feel satisfying. Now, while I will never say never to a continuation (who knows what the muse will come up with in the future!), but for now, I told the story I wanted to tell: Lois's realization that Clark meant more to her than she'd ever thought. Plus, I wanted to reverse the pain of that rejection in the park for Clark. So for now, it is complete. But I love that it made an impact and you want to see more!

also love that she ran to Clark. You helped show her feelings and then when she said the words it was perfect. Clark's little reference to being able to handle himself with Lex had me cued up for a reveal, but I'm glad you didn't right away. I like the "I love you" moment as is. Give them a minute to catch their breath before going back out to face the world.

I thought writing a revelation there, Mouserocks, but like you said - I wanted the 'I love yous' to come first. And then once I did that, it seemed like that part of the story had come to its natural conclusion. So I decided to leave it there: with them together, ready to take on the world (and Lex Luthor). Thanks for reading!

Awww! Even though I've read this multiple times already, I still enjoyed reading it all over again this evening. So sweet! I especially love how they replay the conversation in the park, with a much better outcome.

Thanks, Kathy! I love that you came in and read it again, even after you'd read it a million times already! You are the best, and once again, thanks for helping me. /me bows to one of the greats hail

I appreciate you all! I thought this would be my last foray into writing L&C fanfic, but I had so much fun over the last few weeks, I think I'll have to just 'never say never' on that one, too. Thanks for all the encouragement!

Tracey smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
From the moment I glimpsed the title of this story it struck me as unique and asking to be read. Now that TraceyLynn has completed this tale of near loss and happy rediscovery it is plain to see why it is special.

“I see.” He brought a hand to his chin as he regarded her. “I know you think that it’s too soon, but I’m ready. To commit to you utterly and totally, eternally. I am. But if you don’t feel ready, I’ll wait. I’ll admit I’m not used to waiting for anything,” he quirked his lips into something that resembled a smile, “but for you, I’m prepared to bend my rules. We’ll spend some more time together and get to know each other slowly, if that’s what you wish.”

Talk about someone not listening! Lex, get a grip and a clue, the woman is not that into you.

She reeled back as the realization of what his words meant slapped her across the face. “You had me followed?”

His voice returned to its conversational tone, though his eyes still held their animosity as he lifted them to her once again. “Metropolis is a dangerous city, Lois. You of all people should know that. And I’m one of its most prominent citizens. There are people out there who wouldn’t hesitate to use you to get me. So, naturally, I check in on you. It’s a safety precaution, one I enacted as soon as we began dating.”

Safety Precaution? Unless you are dating a member of the British Royal Family, such a 'precaution' is totally unnecessary. This is just the beginning of him controlling everything that Lois does. Get out of there right now!

For his part, Clark knew that there was still the matter of Superman to deal with; Lois deserved the truth, especially if they were going to be together now as a couple. And it would have to be soon, he knew that, too. But right now, neither one of them wanted to look past the way they were feeling at this most special of moments. Whatever the next few weeks and months held, they knew they would make it through, because they had each other.

Oh my! Somehow I don't envy him that conversation. But seriously, there are so many other issues to be tackled that this fic just begs for a sequel. Many of my fellow FoLCs have said it much better than I! Please! grovel

Last edited by Morgana; 05/22/18 12:14 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I enjoyed seeing Lex's slow descent into anger as Lois continued to stand her ground. First he was stunned, then measured, then an edge appeared, hardened to threatening. I was as frightened as Lois that he wasn't going to let go of her arm.

Of course, the scene with Clark was equally comforting. And funny. I loved the part where Clark asked her twice if she had gone to see Luthor tonight? Alone? laugh

It spoke much to Clark’s character that the first words out of his mouth were of comfort, not ‘I told you so.’
I love this. Lois has had so few people in her life that are nonjudgmental that it's no wonder that she's sought him out from the very beginning for friendship and comfort. He is her place of safety. This trait alone could have been the reason that she fell in love with Clark.

Oh, and she was brave. She made herself vulnerable and allowed herself to love Clark and then she took the even scarier step of telling him. Not easy for anyone that has been hurt before.

Wonderful story, Tracey. I can only hope that you'll be back with more, either with a continuation or with another tale. Thanks!

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooh, more fdk? That's so sweet - thank you guys!

From the moment I glimpsed the title of this story it struck me as unique and asking to be read. Now that TraceyLynn has completed this tale of near loss and happy rediscovery it is plain to see why it is special.

Aww, Morgana, comments like that are going to make me want to write more fic! I'm so happy you thought this story was special. As for the title, you can thank Kathy for that one - I was stuck (again) and she came to the rescue! But "All I Ask" fit so perfectly with what I'd written, I had to use it!

Talk about someone not listening! Lex, get a grip and a clue, the woman is not that into you.

rotflol Loved that comment! Yes, so true!

Oh my! Somehow I don't envy him that conversation. But seriously, there are so many other issues to be tackled that this fic just begs for a sequel. Many of my fellow FoLCs have said it much better than I! Please!

You're sweet for asking! For the moment, it is complete - I didn't envy Clark that conversation either, so I didn't write it wink Who knows in the future, though!

And thanks, BJ, for adding your comments, too!

Of course, the scene with Clark was equally comforting. And funny. I loved the part where Clark asked her twice if she had gone to see Luthor tonight? Alone?

Glad that you liked that part! I chuckled a little while writing it - just seemed so Clark.

I love this. Lois has had so few people in her life that are nonjudgmental that it's no wonder that she's sought him out from the very beginning for friendship and comfort. He is her place of safety. This trait alone could have been the reason that she fell in love with Clark.

Yes! All of this. I quote it because I loved it, and it's so true.

Wonderful story, Tracey. I can only hope that you'll be back with more, either with a continuation or with another tale. Thanks!

Thank you! I hope I'll be back, too. I've had so much fun posting this one. Thanks for reading!

Tracey smile

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hey, I wasn't aware the last part had been posted!

Really liked it, but aaaaaaugh, there needs to be more! How's Lex going to react? How will Lois take the CK=S revelation? Too many questions!!

Glad they're together, at least. smile And that Lois saw through Lex, and finally got in touch with her feelings!

Keep writing!

Take care!
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
A tender ending to a powerful story. Powerful because Lois looks at herself in the mirror and sees, at last, what she is becoming.Her moment of self discovery is wonderful.
Forgive me, I do wonder, what if Clark HAD said "I told you so".?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Traceylynn, I wish there was a sequel to All I Ask. Stories like this are the reason I came here and the reason I have stayed. The scene in Centennial Park was so brilliantly brought to life I felt myself shouting for Lois to wake up and smell the coffee! Dear Clark is giving Lois his most precious possession, not his superpowers, but his heart, which is clearly vulnerable.

In any case it was very enjoyable to read this again. Thank you.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Traceylynn, If Morgana had not left fdk, I would never have read this incredibly sensual story. I read all 5 parts in one evening. This story begs a sequel.
love

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard