Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280459 05/14/18 02:22 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Superman Star Margot Kidder Dead at Age 69

Actress Margot Kidder, best known for playing Lois Lane in the "Superman" films in the 1970s and 1980s, has died at the age of 69, a funeral home in Montana said on Monday.
She was among the best actresses to portray Lois Lane, and in spite of running into problems, she overcame them and restarted her career. RIP.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
She brought joy to many with her performances, and from all I have heard, she was a gracious lady. May she rest in peace.

- Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Rest in peace, Margot Kidder.

Kathryn
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
RIP. I had the privilege of meeting her and shaking her hand five years ago at the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, IL. Still have the photo she signed for me hanging on my wall. From the brief minute I had with her, she seemed like a very nice person. Without my sister or I even asking, she even offered to retake the picture she had posed for with us. She had decided after taking it that the first one hadn't come out very well.

Kerth
Kerth
So sad. mecry I wish I had gotten a chance to meet her. She redefined the character of Lois Lane IMO and was a wonderfully funny woman that accomplished much. She will be missed.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She added a new dimension to Lois Lane. It will be very sad to see that amazing film again. The flying sequence with Christopher Reeve was breathtaking.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard